SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather seems to be a very social creature, IMO, and also probably not used to "roughing it" in any way. I think a guy the same age is more likely to just take a backpack and hit the road, if he wants to disappear. Heather seems to be into her clothes, make-up, friends, her job, etc...just not seeing her leaving in the same way, apparently taking little or nothing.

All of us want her to be safe, but IMO nothing points to her leaving.

Heather seems to be a very social creature, IMO, and also probably not used to "roughing it" in any way. I think a guy the same age is more likely to just take a backpack and hit the road, if he wants to disappear. Heather seems to be into her clothes, make-up, friends, her job, etc...just not seeing her leaving in the same way, apparently taking little or nothing.

She Certainly comes across as a "girly girl". I know she did some missionary style work previously but that was planned. She had the opportubity to prepare, take make up, clothes etc.I cant see her just uping and leaving without these kinda things. If she did leave of her own accord she'd plan and unfortunately I don't see anything planned about her disappearance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

what about the possibility of TOWING it,w/a truck or on a boat trailer? I believe it was a smaller car so not as much trouble to haul a small distance away?
not a fishereman but would it be easy to put a body in a bait container or a big Rubbermaid bucket (they call it coffin too). I remember a case they called it Divorce Newtown style where he took her body in the middle of a snowstorm and used a rented woodchipper right into the Housatonic. She was a small sized stewardess.

it still feels to me that she drove the car there & was taken away somewhere else.
I wonder if anyone has checked all the docked boats in storage??If the perp had a boat could they store the body on the boat until find a better place? Since this isn't the busy time of year it might be easier to do unnoticed. or head out to Atlantic & dispose. I do agree that by the time anyone noticed made a lot of difference.
Towing companies keep pretty tight records to protect them from liabilities. My car stopped in the middle of Hwy 17 Bypass one time, I had to show my drivers license, some paperwork was involved as well as signing off on it. I don't believe a tow truck is allowed to haul a vehicle and drop it off on public property, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Unless the perp(s) owned a tow truck I don't see this happening. Even if you're having a vehicle that parked illegally removed from a premises the company has guidelines that required by law.

IMO Heather drove her car there thinking she was meeting someone she trusted and left the landing in another vehicle. It's also possible that someone else drove the vehicle and had arranged for someone to follow them so they could leave PTL quickly and not risk being seen.

I live here and respectfully disagree. I have tenants come by my office daily who mention it, some are employees at Broadway, some know Heather through a distant friend and some know the Elvis family. I was somewhere yesterday and as I walked in I overheard the conversation about one of the searches for Heather. On Tuesday I was in the Highway Dept and it was being discussed. I was in Conway yesterday, someone was asking if Heather had been found. There are posters everywhere you go, billboards, online news, the Sun News, etc. This is fresh on the minds of parents, kids, everyone. People have had to go back to jobs, school, etc after having time off for the holidays but it's still a topic that many people can't and won't let go.

I did not say everyone in MB has stopped talking about Heather. I am sure those connected to Heather or the search for Heather talk about her several times day. The people I know in MB, who are not connected to the case, have said Heather's disappearance is not discussed as much , or daily where they work or in their social circle . All, still keep Heather in their thoughts and prayers .

I think this is very good hypothesis...but then where is Heather? If she was subdued but not violently...then she should have been able to return home by now or at least call someone for help. Did you leave part of your theory out?
Originally I had used the word killing, but replaced it with dumping.

Its been too long for a hostage type thing. :(

What would be awesome is if he did call her from a burner phone, thinking he was covering his tracks, but because the roommate knew she spoke to him and LE has her phone records. .. the burner phone can now be linked to him.

I still wonder if this could be a stranger abduction due to the reputation of the area.
BBM

The perp never factored in that Heather would talk to another person that early in the morning. It's huge for LE in their investigation IMO.

Is anyone sleuthing a random POI possibly connected to the other missing women, or is the general consensus this was personal, and someone she knew?
BBM

Don't know about anyone elses opinion, but is 100% mine.

Originally I had used the word killing, but replaced it with dumping.

Its been too long for a hostage type thing. :(

BBM

The perp never factored in that Heather would talk to another person that early in the morning. It's huge for LE in their investigation IMO.

BBM

Don't know about anyone elses opinion, but is 100% mine.

Certainly my opinion. Without stepping outside TOS I think theres a lot more going on here than we are led to believe

Okay, so I made up my own list for a MythBuster

Reasons WHY HE would runaway without telling anyone
Mofia/gang/drug lords hunting her down
In so much debt/needing to file bankruptcy
Problem to ashamed to talk about
Afraid someone (an ex maybe) was going to harm her
Fear of going to jail

Reasons why ALL of the above CANNOT be true
reading her SM posts it seems as though she loved her brother and sister a lot. I would think if she stopped home to get the mail or saw her sister at all the week prior she would have told her. She would have said I love you and I always will, you have got to keep this a secret for me, I am going to be okay but I need to hide out for a while, do not tell anyone. I think six weeks in, her sister would have told her parents by now. There is no way she would watch them go through this and not say anything. I don't believe she had any drug problems (she may have had some recreational use but thats not a big deal IMO) big enough to need to hide out or go to rehab. Why leave the car at PTL? Why not just leave it at the condo?

The ONLY reason I could think of that she would run away is to somehow blame/ruin om and omw's life. If she felt she couldn't have OM, the thought of leaving town and making it look like they had something to do with it to "get back" at him is possible. In this scenario, if she went to all the trouble of leaving the car at the landing, she would have added a few more elements to tie OM to the crime. Why not toss your phone, wallet, a few drops of blood in OM's yard on the way out of town?

For there person who asked, yes we have a small airport here, greyhound and train service (within an hour) but I would think LE looked at their cameras already.

She Certainly comes across as a "girly girl". I know she did some missionary style work previously but that was planned. She had the opportubity to prepare, take make up, clothes etc.I cant see her just uping and leaving without these kinda things. If she did leave of her own accord she'd plan and unfortunately I don't see anything planned about her disappearance

The majority of 19, 20 and 21 year olds I know don't like to be alone. My niece lived with me and is a year older than Heather, my house was full of girls and friends. Its my perspective if young adults are not with their friends, a boyfriend or working, they're keeping up on SM. I don't see Heather leaving her phone behind, that seems very odd.

Still trying to get caught up but wanted to add my thoughts before I forget them, it happens too often lately.

As far as she running off to Florida, she had just gotten her dream job, why would she take off? She seems to have a solid group of friends, a new place to live and the great date. I just can't buy that she left.

And I guess I am confused about all of the discussion about the picture of her driving the car the night she went missing. Did something new come to light? Why are we wondering if it is really what they say it is?

I agree cluciano63. The fact that the police contacted TE and asked if he was missing a car indicates to me that HE's car was registered under TE's name. And if it was registered under her dad's name then it would be insured under his name too, right? It seems that HE may have been somewhat reliant on parental help even tho she was living 'on her own'. I just don't see her leaving either...

Okay, so I made up my own list for a MythBuster

Reasons WHY HE would runaway without telling anyone
Mofia/gang/drug lords hunting her down
In so much debt/needing to file bankruptcy
Problem to ashamed to talk about
Afraid someone (an ex maybe) was going to harm her
Fear of going to jail

Reasons why ALL of the above CANNOT be true
reading her SM posts it seems as though she loved her brother and sister a lot. I would think if she stopped home to get the mail or saw her sister at all the week prior she would have told her. She would have said I love you and I always will, you have got to keep this a secret for me, I am going to be okay but I need to hide out for a while, do not tell anyone. I think six weeks in, her sister would have told her parents by now. There is no way she would watch them go through this and not say anything. I don't believe she had any drug problems (she may have had some recreational use but thats not a big deal IMO) big enough to need to hide out or go to rehab. Why leave the car at PTL? Why not just leave it at the condo?

The ONLY reason I could think of that she would run away is to somehow blame/ruin om and omw's life. If she felt she couldn't have OM, the thought of leaving town and making it look like they had something to do with it to "get back" at him is possible. In this scenario, if she went to all the trouble of leaving the car at the landing, she would have added a few more elements to tie OM to the crime. Why not toss your phone, wallet, a few drops of blood in OM's yard on the way out of town?

For there person who asked, yes we have a small airport here, greyhound and train service (within an hour) but I would think LE looked at their cameras already.

Imo,I say it boils down to the phone calls period! If not for them there would be no crying on the phone to room mate, no questioning OM, no rant from Ms. OM and we would be pointing fingers at the former and present boyfriends and the scope of suspects might be larger.

not to mention starting her new dream job and moving into a new place,and going out on a date w/a new guy, and Xmas right around the corner.

Still trying to get caught up but wanted to add my thoughts before I forget them, it happens too often lately.

As far as she running off to Florida, she had just gotten her dream job, why would she take off? She seems to have a solid group of friends, a new place to live and the great date. I just can't buy that she left.

And I guess I am confused about all of the discussion about the picture of her driving the car the night she went missing. Did something new come to light? Why are we wondering if it is really what they say it is?

I think that there was a couple of details about picture which niggled at some members and implied the picture could have been taken at another time.

Iirc these details include (I may have forgotten some):
*HEs watch seemingly showing a time which is after the time dad received the picture

*Lack of christmas decorations on mall considering it was the festive season

*The lack of other cars in the car park

* There has been some debate as to whether the outfit HE was wearing was appropriate and/or suitable for the supposed time/time of year photo was taken

I'd really like to know more about the crying on the phone. I don't think OM saying he was leaving OMW would evoke that kind of crying. I wonder what ELSE was discussed that hasn't been made public?

The majority of 19, 20 and 21 year olds I know don't like to be alone. My niece lived with me and is a year older than Heather, my house was full of girls and friends. Its my perspective if young adults are not with their friends, a boyfriend or working, they're keeping up on SM. I don't see Heather leaving her phone behind, that seems very odd.

I'm late 20s and so are my friends and even we don't leave our phones. If we're not texting or IMing we are updating our SM (or I'm on here ;) ) My other half says im only not glued to my phone when im asleep or ill. Sign of the times I think.

Towing companies keep pretty tight records to protect them from liabilities. My car stopped in the middle of Hwy 17 Bypass one time, I had to show my drivers license, some paperwork was involved as well as signing off on it. I don't believe a tow truck is allowed to haul a vehicle and drop it off on public property, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Unless the perp(s) owned a tow truck I don't see this happening. Even if you're having a vehicle that parked illegally removed from a premises the company has guidelines that required by law.

IMO Heather drove her car there thinking she was meeting someone she trusted and left the landing in another vehicle. It's also possible that someone else drove the vehicle and had arranged for someone to follow them so they could leave PTL quickly and not risk being seen.

I didn't mean towing companies. I've seen kids towing friends cars cuz out of gas. I've even seen kids towing cars cuz they met up & didn't want folks to see used gas. If at a late hour I can even imagine you'd tow a car from whatever location so as not to get prints on it.
also another crazy thot comes to mind-some ppl keep their cars really clean & wash it often. I've heard of where vehicles taken to car wash to dispose of evidence..

I'd really like to know more about the crying on the phone. I don't think OM saying he was leaving OMW would evoke that kind of crying. I wonder what ELSE was discussed that hasn't been made public?

Do we jnow for definite that it was OM which caused the crying. I forget?!

If she ran away, she either walked away from PTL after little or no sleep and was seen by no one, or she sprouted wings. Or she had an accomplice who either went missing with her and we've heard nothing about it, or has managed to endure LE's scrutiny unscathed since Heather's disappearance.

Heather's gone because someone ended her life and then dumped her remains, in my opinion. I cannot imagine a scenario where she will return to her family alive.

Missing persons and murder cases are cases of lives abruptly interrupted by other persons. I believe LE can tell the difference between the trail of an interrupted life, and the trail of a life with a new direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc