SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I have five nieces around Heather's age and I have "stalked" their SM for years, lol, and never seen anything about drugs, sex, etc...

I also wonder if OMW had any contact with the ladies. IMO this wasn't his first rodeo.

This may have been OMM's first rodeo with a much younger, very attractive woman. It may have lasted longer than his other rodeos.

I think her postings on SM were partly to infer that she was more experienced and worldly to OM, and she probably was aware that OMW was reading the posts. Hope that's safe to say.

This may have been OMM's first rodeo with a much younger, very attractive woman. It may have lasted longer than his other rodeos.

I definitely think he had a pattern of this and this is why OMW was watching him so closely. I also suspect OMM was really into Heather.

JMO but I have five nieces around Heather's age and I have "stalked" their SM for years, lol, and never seen anything about drugs, sex, etc...

I agree, clu. There are many young adults in Heather's age group who talk about other things besides what you mentioned above. But I have seen some who do.

The ADHD may play a role in the unfiltered statements, and vyvanse, a stimulant in the amphetamine family, which is prescribed for ADHD, that Heather mentions she was taking, could change behavior, JMO.

The thing is there are settings on SM. Majority of my family is not on my "list" of people who see my questionable posts. They are my "friends/followers" but majority of my posts are not set to friends or public, they are always set to my custom list of about 10 people. Whenever I'm posting something family friendly I switch it to friends but thats like 1-2 times a week, max. Most kids know how to make sure you don't see anything that would cause question, especially now that employers and colleges look at this. In HE's case I believe she was going for shock factor on purpose. I honestly went through her Tweets one at a time 12 months back and laughed my butt off- but I'm not a conservative person. I really think she has a future in comedy.

I do not see how she could have run away. I doubt she had the money to go into hiding, or the resources, emotional, financial and otherwise, to stay hidden for six weeks while an all-out search for her takes place. Why would she let her parents and family suffer? She seemed to love working at TK. If she was in danger, she had plenty of people right there in MB to protect her. It is a comforting thought, but almost impossible, IM.o.

In cases like this, I think people talking , whether fact or rumor, helps keep the conversation going. I know several people who live in MB , who have said that, in the beginning, everyone was talking about Heather, at work, church , etc. But since the information about the OM came out , Heather's case isn't talked about as much if at all. Everyone assumes Om is guilty and when Heather is found an arrest will be made . So I think , if letting people gossip keeps Heather in the conversation, let 'em talk.
I live here and respectfully disagree. I have tenants come by my office daily who mention it, some are employees at Broadway, some know Heather through a distant friend and some know the Elvis family. I was somewhere yesterday and as I walked in I overheard the conversation about one of the searches for Heather. On Tuesday I was in the Highway Dept and it was being discussed. I was in Conway yesterday, someone was asking if Heather had been found. There are posters everywhere you go, billboards, online news, the Sun News, etc. This is fresh on the minds of parents, kids, everyone. People have had to go back to jobs, school, etc after having time off for the holidays but it's still a topic that many people can't and won't let go.

Have they stopped the searches for now.
They are not talking about it on MSM, but yesterday on the page we shall not mention they asked if anyone wanted to help to message them so they can add you to the private/secret group for that. It was one of the searchers that posted this in the "posts by others section". It looks like BB is arranging it and CUE is involved.

I don't think Heather ran away. Just like Stacy Peterson did not run away. No way. I just don't believe it at all. :twocents:

BBM: This is why I am hoping if OM or OMW are involved in something bad that happened to HE that they made a mistake along the line and it helps catch them. Not just them but anyone who may have done something bad to her, I hope they made a mistake that helps catch them soon!! *JMO*

catching up today- have thought this too- OMM may have made a contact to HE form # that couldn't trace back to him, but later someone may have realizd if viewing HEs phone - oh crap- she talked to roomie- back and forth calls around 6 could have been to make it look like HE was calling him and he has to say -quit calling me- thus making it look to LE like she was calling him

I do not see how she could have run away. I doubt she had the money to go into hiding, or the resources, emotional, financial and otherwise, to stay hidden for six weeks while an all-out search for her takes place. Why would she let her parents and family suffer? She seemed to love working at TK. If she was in danger, she had plenty of people right there in MB to protect her. It is a comforting thought, but almost impossible, IM.o.

A 19 year old from WI, ran away in Sept and just called his family, telling them he was fine and well. I know it may seem like it is hard to believe, but it is entirely possible. I always try and think the person is alive because I just can't let my mind go there. With this case I look at the facts, which there really are not a lot that we know. I think if she did, she may have traveled to another state, which is why I was asking if the checked FL. She mentioned it a couple times on her SM. She could have dropped her car off and got a ride, bus, train (is that possible) and be in FL or someone else. Her parents had no knowledge of her two ex's maybe they had no knowledge of a friend who helped her. Maybe she had been planning this for awhile and setting aside money? I was thinking it is possible that someone else made her so fearful that she had to leave.

Just to toss something out there. I know hospitals would release a name to LE if the call looking for her, right? What about if she went to a shelter, home or rehab or something along those line? IF she was there and someone saw her on the news they wouldn't be able to call right because she is an adult and could leave on her own. Just conversation.

I guess I go down this path because then if it is true, she would be alive.

Or as some of us thought earlier, the original intent may have been to roll the car off into the water. For some reason, once at PTL the person driving the car to the site changed their plan.

- By that time it may be close to the time that someone fishing that morning may be arriving soon and the driver felt they didn't have time,
- Panicked now that they were there and just wanted to leave the area and car as soon as possible,
- Tried to push or attempt to have it run down the ramp, but couldn't figure out how to do it successfully (it's not as easy as in the movies!),
- Driver is not a boater or fisherman and realizes once onsite that there is a possibility after seeing the ramp that even if the car goes under, a boat trailer can get caught on it and a discovery would be sooner than they planned.
- For whatever reason the original plan is scrapped, driver realizes the longer they are with the car the greater their chance of being seen with it. So rather than go to an alternate location with sunrise approaching they simply leave it there.

After leaving the car in that location, I really don't believe the driver thought they had bought themselves more than a few hours. That the car was not brought to the attention of LE until sometime late the next day is something worked in their favor.

what about the possibility of TOWING it,w/a truck or on a boat trailer? I believe it was a smaller car so not as much trouble to haul a small distance away?
not a fishereman but would it be easy to put a body in a bait container or a big Rubbermaid bucket (they call it coffin too). I remember a case they called it Divorce Newtown style where he took her body in the middle of a snowstorm and used a rented woodchipper right into the Housatonic. She was a small sized stewardess.

it still feels to me that she drove the car there & was taken away somewhere else.
I wonder if anyone has checked all the docked boats in storage??If the perp had a boat could they store the body on the boat until find a better place? Since this isn't the busy time of year it might be easier to do unnoticed. or head out to Atlantic & dispose. I do agree that by the time anyone noticed made a lot of difference.

I read her tweets before they disappeared,and yes..some were not so lady like and I caution any young person to be careful with SM.Future employers look at SM .However,I have also read about her mission trip and her love for her church on TE's FB and blog page.I like to look at the whole picture.

A 19 year old from WI, ran away in Sept and just called his family, telling them he was fine and well. I know it may seem like it is hard to believe, but it is entirely possible. I always try and think the person is alive because I just can't let my mind go there. With this case I look at the facts, which there really are not a lot that we know. I think if she did, she may have traveled to another state, which is why I was asking if the checked FL. She mentioned it a couple times on her SM. She could have dropped her car off and got a ride, bus, train (is that possible) and be in FL or someone else. Her parents had no knowledge of her two ex's maybe they had no knowledge of a friend who helped her. Maybe she had been planning this for awhile and setting aside money? I was thinking it is possible that someone else made her so fearful that she had to leave.

Just to toss something out there. I know hospitals would release a name to LE if the call looking for her, right? What about if she went to a shelter, home or rehab or something along those line? IF she was there and someone saw her on the news they wouldn't be able to call right because she is an adult and could leave on her own. Just conversation.

I guess I go down this path because then if it is true, she would be alive.
why take your phone if you're not going to use it?

JMO before people jump on me - in this case (and others) it seems that information which could be helpful or pertinent in finding HE or at least come some way in explaining what has happened to her is being withheld by friends and/or family for fear of tarnishing her name.
The whole OM thing, for instance, only came to light because of other people

since this is a religious family I believe they would want to hang on to Heather in the way they'd like to remember her. I once helped a young pregnant girl out from a very rligious Baptist family. She was a party girl & the family was one of the big names in a smallish town. Her folks ended up adopting the baby & calling it theirs. It can be hard for young ones in these times to keep an "image". In olden times these things STILL happened but no SM around.

I can't see any logical reason at all that she'd run away.

What about money, and shelter? Why leave the car at PTL?

No history of mental illness and things seemed to be going well for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc