SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what OM meant when he said he hadn't "seen" Heather since October, vs perhaps calling or texting her. But there is quite a discrepancy between 'I called to tell her to stop calling me' and 'he called to say he left his wife and wanted to be with Heather'. Both claims have been reported.

In regard to her Twitter, I don't see anything that tells me anything about where she is or how she got there. I see some links between her and OM that coincide with a relationship of some kind for some period of time, that appears to be brief. And I see tweets that reflect what tweets often reflect - people posting in the moment, with their next tweet having an entirely different emotional tenor and context.

Twitter is a very fluid environment that moves rapidly. And by the time you're following 200 people and are followed by 500+, your timeline/feed is loaded with content that becomes material for re-tweets, as the mood suits you, or when you see something in the moment that's interesting or related perhaps to something you remember from another context. Heather's tweets also reflect that she listened to Pandora and she tweeted in the moment about what was playing. Who knows what inspired the tweet that's been brought up here. But scores of new tweets by others can drop into your feed in a matter of seconds. I've looked at my feed and seen 20+ new tweets since my last glance. Twitter also makes suggestions on what you might be interested in based on how you organize your account and who you follow and what they say. The song could have been something from that point of reference or something she saw mentioned in her feed. But it tells me nothing about Heather whatsoever.

Twitter is an off the cuff kind of social media environment for short remarks. A 20 year old is likely not that discerning about what he or she is tweeting in any given moment. And if apologies from movie and rock stars and politicians after a regrettable tweet are a guide, a lot of people aren't that discerning.

I don't know Heather at all based on her Twitter or Tumblr or FB. I get a sense of some of her personality and her sense of humor and the subject matter that is/was part of her 20 year old experience. That's all.

As for what happened, we're all speculating at this point because we have so little information. But that's my take on the comments we know about from OM, her social media and the nature of Twitter. For whatever it's worth.

Question: re: probable cause, would being the last one to engage in cellphone activity with the victim be considered "probable cause"?

When LE requests a search warrant, they have to specify what exactly they want to search (financial records, car, entire house, etc.) & why there's probable cause to search each specific thing. I personally don't think they have enough probable cause to obtain a warrant to search their house or cars but DO think they'd have enough probable cause to be granted the search of his/her cell records, pings, data, and maybe even the actual phones (if they haven't been discarded) themselves. I did some research regarding the laws related to officers obtaining cell records & they might not even need a warrant to request that info from the company.

What I found thru research...

Info they can obtain with only a subpoena (doesn't have to be signed by judge, only a government employee like a clerk): length of time you've been with company, phone records that detail numbers called & received, internet records

Info they can obtain with search warrant (& have no obligation to inform the user of such warrant or that they've obtained it): email addresses of people you've sent/received emails, IP addresses of computers on the internet that you communicate with, when & how much data was exchanged, web addresses of web pages you've visited, cell site tower records that pinpoint physical location in the past, voicemails (including those unopened or ones that haven't yet been listened to)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to her SM, I don't think that all of the clues are there as been suggested a few times. I looked over my twitter and fb and honestly if I went missing tomorrow none of it would have anything to do with anything. Unless my husband killed me because I wouldn't let him have a Llama. Unfortunately, true story.

Just sayin'. When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras.

LE had said that the roommate was the last person who "admitted to talking" to Heather, so, presumably, at some point, someone else did not admit to it, at least initially.

I don't know what OM meant when he said he hadn't "seen" Heather since October, vs perhaps calling or texting her. But there is quite a discrepancy between 'I called to tell her to stop calling me' and 'he called to say he left his wife and wanted to be with Heather'. Both claims have been reported.

In regard to her Twitter, I don't see anything that tells me anything about where she is or how she got there. I see some links between her and OM that coincide with a relationship of some kind for some period of time, that appears to be brief. And I see tweets that reflect what tweets often reflect - people posting in the moment, with their next tweet having an entirely different emotional tenor and context.

Twitter is a very fluid environment that moves rapidly. And by the time you're following 200 people and are followed by 500+, your timeline/feed is loaded with content that becomes material for re-tweets, as the mood suits you, or when you see something in the moment that's interesting or related perhaps to something you remember from another context. Heather's tweets also reflect that she listened to Pandora and she tweeted in the moment about what was playing. Who knows what inspired the tweet that's been brought up here. But scores of new tweets by others can drop into your feed in a matter of seconds. I've looked at my feed and seen 20+ new tweets since my last glance. Twitter also makes suggestions on what you might be interested in based on how you organize your account and who you follow and what they say. The song could have been something from that point of reference or something she saw mentioned in her feed. But it tells me nothing about Heather whatsoever.

Twitter is an off the cuff kind of social media environment for short remarks. A 20 year old is likely not that discerning about what he or she is tweeting in any given moment. And if apologies from movie and rock stars and politicians after a regrettable tweet are a guide, a lot of people aren't that discerning.

I don't know Heather at all based on her Twitter or Tumblr or FB. I get a sense of some of her personality and her sense of humor and the subject matter that is/was part of her 20 year old experience. That's all.

As for what happened, we're all speculating at this point because we have so little information. But that's my take on the comments we know about from OM, her social media and the nature of Twitter. For whatever it's worth.

If somebody asked me when was the last time I had seen such and such a person, I would take it literally and answer the last time I was in their physical presence.

If somebody asked me when was the last time I had seen such and such a person, I would take it literally and answer the last time I was in their physical presence.

And if I had nothing to hide I would offer when I last spoke to them too.

When LE requests a search warrant, they have to specify what exactly they want to search (financial records, car, entire house, etc.) & why there's probable cause to search each specific thing. I personally don't think they have enough probable cause to obtain a warrant to search their house or cars but DO think they'd have enough probable cause to be granted the search of his/her cell records, pings, data, and maybe even the actual phones (if they haven't been discarded) themselves. I did some research regarding the laws related to officers obtaining cell records & they might not even need a warrant to request that info from the company.

What I found thru research...

Info they can obtain with only a subpoena (doesn't have to be signed by judge, only a government employee like a clerk): length of time you've been with company, phone records that detail numbers called & received, internet records

Info they can obtain with search warrant (& have no obligation to inform the user of such warrant or that they've obtained it): email addresses of people you've sent/received emails, IP addresses of computers on the internet that you communicate with, when & how much data was exchanged, web addresses of web pages you've visited, cell site tower records that pinpoint physical location in the past, voicemails (including those unopened or ones that haven't yet been listened to)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

Do you have a link for this? I didn't know that a government clerk could issue a subpena.

I believe there are other players who know what happened to Heather, and I believe one, or some of those players are now talking.

I also believe we will have some answers soon, and that we'll actually be able to talk about them.

Just moo

Very interesting !!!!!

IF the married man lied about speaking to her at first (as LE seems to have hinted, IMO), then maybe he did in fact talk to her on a phone not associated with him, i.e a pay phone or a throwaway, so he figured no one could prove it was him. If not for the roommate knowing who Heather had spoken to, maybe he could have continued to lie. But then police confront him by saying we KNOW you spoke to her, she told BW all about it...and he finally caves and admits it.

LE had said that the roommate was the last person who "admitted to talking" to Heather, so, presumably, at some point, someone else did not admit to it, at least initially.

OM has been quoted by MSM and the police report that he had spoken to Heather 'last night'. Assuming he was asked this on the Friday, it looks like he has been caught in another lie.
Did he really mean the Tuesday night, and is he denying he was the one that was making calls back and forth to Heather until 6am on the Wednesday morning? I think we can assume he has denied this as he said he only spoke to Heather once to tell her to stop calling him.
The devil is in the detail and unfortunately we aren't privy to said detail yet. :banghead:

I do believe LE don't like being lied to and will be allowing OM to sweat a little . Again, assuming he is one that isn't cooperating with them and hiding behind a lawyer.

So to get the pr from the incident that Salem is referencing that took place last Sunday, how does one do that? I know it's available because of the foia, but can they fax/email it or do you have to physically go to hcpd to request it? Anyone done this before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a FOIA, it depends on the agency. Some offices allow for a faxed copy, some will email or mail, other require you to pick up in person. It also depends on the material in the FOIA.

I would guess that HCPD would decline to handover the request due to the fact that it is an on going investigation. The problem with handing out police reports during the course of an investigation is that things change. LE will make the report based on the facts they have at the time, from what they are being told from the people involved, and from what they know otherwise. If it's brought to light that something is not accurate they will create a Supplemental Report to correct the issue. For instance, if they were told that the suspect A in a case they were working was responsible for another crime, they would state that in the report they were writing at the time. If after time has passed and they follow up on the facts they were given and it is determined that suspect A was not actually involved, they may or may not supplement the original report to include that information based on whether or not it has any relevance to the current investigation. My point, as I realize I have rambled on, is that releasing information in an ongoing investigation is unlikely because things may change as time goes on and "facts" as stated in the beginning may turn out to be inaccurate. But that is just my opinion.

:banghead: Can't think straight today - too much studying lately.

Heather and married guy may have been in touch during the date, IMO, maybe by text and then finally spoke when she got home. She may have told her date she was tired so she could be alone and tell her roommate about it. Her phone holds all the answers, IMO. When LE clears him...I will turn my attention away from him, or the affair as being a factor. While lots of things are possible, as she seems to have led a complicated life, she also seems to have "lived" on her phone and online, so if anyone unrelated to married guy was the perp, there would be some electronic trail from that night, IMO.

Wasn't this phrase brought up before when it had to do with the married guy admitting to have spoken to HE? I remember someone mentioning the usage of the word "admitting" as indicating a lie. That being the case, then wouldn't it also indicate a lie with the roommate too since they also said "admitted"?

Maybe it's just the way they say things around there and they're not insinuating someone lying.

Wasn't this phrase brought up before when it had to do with the married guy admitting to have spoken to HE? I remember someone mentioning the usage of the word "admitting" as indicating a lie. That being the case, then wouldn't it also indicate a lie with the roommate too since they also said "admitted"?

Maybe it's just the way they say things around there and they're not insinuating someone lying.

I took it to mean they knew someone talked to after after BW but that person was not admitting it.

OM stated he hadn't seen her since October, implying he had no recent contact with her. He later "admitted" to speaking with her on the phone, meaning he conceded (admitted) he did have recent contact with her. IMO

OM stated he hadn't seen her since October, implying he had no recent contact with her. He later "admitted" to speaking with her on the phone, meaning he conceded (admitted) he did have recent contact with her. IMO

"Cpl Furr spoke with entity 4, via telephone, and stated that he has not seen the
victim since October, and then admitted to have spoken to her on the phone last night."

OM could of said
" I have not seen Heather since October but I did talk to her last night "

the report does not say, " he later admitted to talking to her "

"Cpl Furr spoke with entity 4, via telephone, and stated that he has not seen the
victim since October, and then admitted to have spoken to her on the phone last night."

OM could of said
" I have not seen Heather since October but I did talk to her last night "

the report does not say, " he later admitted to talking to her "

True but at some point, LE was quoted as saying, or is was in media, that BW was the last person to admit to speaking with her...I am pretty sure I did not imagine that. Will try to find link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera