SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, now that I have read a bit more and had time to think. I am sure those close to the family (and the family themselves) feel the answers are so close but progressing so slow. They are all on emotional over drive and just want Heather home and willing to do anything to achieve that. Many express frustration with LE not doing enough and have taken things in their own hands. Not intentionally trying to cause problems, just running on emotions instead of logic.

I agree with you ~ They are very close to the family from my understanding. Their actions, not wise ones (IMO) were most likely motivated by an overwhelming desire to get to the bottom of this situation and bring Heather home as well as gathering enough evidence to hold those who are responsible for Heathers disappearance! They are probably frustrated beyond belief that this process is taking such a long time and they are weary from watching their friends, the parents of Heather, suffer every day!

The sad thing is that that these 2 men, who love Heather and the family, will spend tonight at J Rueban Long County Detention while those who responsible for her missing are most probably in a warm house...it is presently 28* with sleet mixed with snow and our bridges are icing over!

If anything was actually falsified...I have no sympathy for anyone charged. I don't care how emotional a case is, that is the quickest way to make sure it never gets to court, IMO. If there are POI's and they have a defense attorney, they are loving this, IMO. I am just finding it amazing that people on the page just don't get it, though I shouldn't, I guess...JMO

I am not sure a true psychopath is involved as yet...maybe just a person who flipped. JMO

After over six weeks, imo, it would be logical to conclude that the person/s responsible for HE's fate has no empathy for others...

Question, does LE typically do a press release announcement from a wordpress blog account? It looks very fake IMO. Did our local media base their reports on that only. Did they really get arrested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously technology is not a strong point for the HCPD. Redacting by highlighting the text with black, super generic blog run through wordpress.com without its own domain name, etc.

MSM Link

"According to Horry County Police, 52-year-old William Christopher Barrett posted misleading information on a social media site about the disappearance, 'creating a community reaction that diverted investigating officers.'

Police also believe he questioned witnesses as he tried to conduct a separate investigation, and led an independent search. 'Potential evidence was uncovered and did not immediately report it to law enforcement,' Lt. Robert Kegler said."

Hmmmm... I'm guessing the "children being taken from their parents" thing may have been the 3rd strike in the OOJ charge (my 1st BBM). His "Tips Tent" (my 2nd BBM) conversations and "interviews" might have been the second strike.
And, although chronologically first, the independent searches (which he was told not to conduct bc the group might contaminate potential evidence, etc) that turned up "potential evidence" may have been the first strike (my 3rd BBM).

I'd like to think BB and GS had good intentions in their hearts, even if they went off the rails and got themselves into trouble. I don't know. I talked with BB one time in person. I won't state my opinion here bc it was one short conversation within a stressful situation. I just hope Heather is found and this sort of thing doesn't continue to derail the MP case.

JMO

I agree with you ~ They are very close to the family from my understanding. Their actions, not wise ones (IMO) were most likely motivated by an overwhelming desire to get to the bottom of this situation and bring Heather home as well as gathering enough evidence to hold those who are responsible for Heathers disappearance! They are probably frustrated beyond belief that this process is taking such a long time and they are weary from watching their friends, the parents of Heather, suffer every day!

I totally agree with you!

The sad thing is that that these 2 men, who love Heather and the family, will spend tonight at J Rueban Long County Detention while those who responsible for her missing are most probably in a warm house...it is presently 28* with sleet mixed with snow and our bridges are icing over!
Having a family member who worked there once I can tell you it's heated and they offer kosher meals as well as lice spray, they will be fine but it does stink for them. Hopefully the truth will come out.

Sadly because of all the bad behavior...Heather may never be found.

Please let LE handle this investigation.

There are have been many high-profile cases, and they all attract attention-seeking people. I don't think it's common at all for people to be arrested on similar charges, like these two men were. I feel like LE has a pretty high threshold for tolerating attention-seekers in high-profile cases. I am guessing they pushed them to their limit.

So true !!! That's the most sensible statement I've read tonight !

There are have been many high-profile cases, and they all attract attention-seeking people. I don't think it's common at all for people to be arrested on similar charges, like these two men were. I feel like LE has a pretty high threshold for tolerating attention-seekers in high-profile cases. I am guessing they pushed them to their limit.
There's also always the possibility that one or both men are innocent of starting the rumor, and were merely promulgating it. Obviously, if that's the case, they should have verified it before repeating it.

I don't know what happened, but there's also always the possibility that one or both men are innocent of starting the rumor, and were merely promulgating it. Obviously, if that's the case, they should have verified it before repeating it.

But rumors spread in every high-profile case.
There are cases that get thousands of tips. I'm sure plenty of them are because someone read some rumor online, and is now going to tell LE about it. LE doesn't arrest those people though...

That phone number is NOT LE. I was told by the police to call the number I posted. I gave him that number, he said that is not a LE number, I have no idea why they are giving that out, please call us.

I think some blame has to be attributed to those who are running that web page. They have the power to control what gets posted and who post.

The poster has a number. Then today he posted a number after the arrest saying to call this number. I did. It is not LE. I agree with you on everything else.

thanks for explaining it :loveyou:
was this posted on the site that shall not be named??? so maybe someone posted that here on WS and I assumed it was MSM??

the reason I say that is I've heard of different times where people were forced/fooled by someone with an intent to divert attention or even stir the pot. That's why I'm impressed w/WS and try to stay within the guidelines. Especially since any missing person can invoke many strong sentiments. Not to mention in Thread #2 the mention that sometimes SK or RSO lurk on sites to get a "thrill"
My apologies to anyone if I've offended. Carry on!

There's also always the possibility that one or both men are innocent of starting the rumor, and were merely promulgating it. Obviously, if that's the case, they should have verified it before repeating it.

There was nothing innocent about it. I was on the thread while it was happening. It was honestly one of the worst displays of SM and why I unliked the page. I only have gone back to look at the poster and grab the tip line number.

I have to jump in and say I was surprised about the "Tip Tent" and I was also surprised about the request to send tips directly to them instead of LE.

Any case I have followed, that is NOT the program.

LE doesn't arrest just for the fun of it.

Something else is going on, IMO

I think some blame has to be attributed to those who are running that web page. They have the power to control what gets posted and who post.

I agree and place full blame there. I have now second guessed everything about this case given what I know in the last 48hrs and have new opinions forming.

Sadly because of all the bad behavior...Heather may never be found.

Please let LE handle this investigation.

If that was the case , there wouldn't be 7 other unsolved missing/murdered female cold cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC, in the past 7 years, imo.

HCPD, has absolutely no media management strategy and squanders their most valuable investigative resource; the American public, imo...

Silence is the predators most lethal weapon...

JMO
This is along my line of thought on the arrests. I do not remember following a case where a person has been arrested for anything like this. I am assuming it is rather unusual. Can anyone name another case here at WS where someone was arrested for obstructing justice?

I think LE is sending a mighty powerful message and for a very good reason. I hope the reason is they are narrowing in on finding Heather and need folks to just "chill"~I can hope and pray.

O/T My mom and her very old lady friends used to do abortion line protests. Some of those dear sweet old ladies went to jail~regularly. When you break the law-you pay the consequences~regardless. JMO

If BB and GS broke the law, then definitley there should be consequences. But compared to the actions of the Florida Anthonys..I can't help but be shocked by their arrests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member