SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. What do we know about these two? Why would they mislead an Investigation into the disappearance of a family friend?

IMO, the witch hunt/mob justice mentality on the FB has hit such a fever pitch that people are doing dangerously irrational things to see that the their suspects get "justice" instead of letting LE gather real evidence against them. What led to this arrest is a complete fabrication of evidence, not to throw off the investigation but to do anything at all to get OMM and/or OMW arrested, whom the arrestee has already determined guilty.

I worry about this case, that the lynch mob justice will only escalate until something REALLY bad happens. All you have to do is go to arrestee GS's fb page and look at his last wall post to understand why LE wants him off the street.

Don't get me wrong here, I also believe that OMM/OMW are still very likely to be involved in this disappearance, but that doesn't mean anyone is allowed to skip the legal system and go straight to the execution phase. This country has laws and due process for a reason.

Again, all JMO.

NJJohn, thank you. That's horrible.

To the Mods I am not trying to cross the line, but based upon comments on SM sites and additional information.

I am wondering if DR was a fake account made up or if it wasn't one of the two who were recently arrested.

The account has been deleted.

My reasons for asking this is there was some strong very strong allegedly legal activity "about to happen" on Sunday 1-19-2014 ??

I know several of y'll remember because all heck broke loose.

And this alleged legal activity never happened ???

Wonder if this is one of the events that contributed to the arrests. :jail:

I've wondered that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be helpful if we could get ahold of the probable cause statements for the arrests.

Do we have a reporter posting or lurking that could request that for us?

I have thought there is someone from myhorrynews.com so... hopefully :please:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I always thought that DR and quite a few others were a certain sensational tabloid blogger creating things to report on, IMO ?

I thought that too. Or at least all of the info she had came from there. That last screenshot wasn't on the site for long, but it very quickly showed up in a new article she wrote.

OT-It's crazy to me that article mentions Socastee as one of the safer neighborhoods in MB! More crimes occur in the Socastee area than anywhere else (from what I can tell) at least during the off-season. I live in a condo at the north end of Myrtle & rarely see crimes on the map around this area (with the exception of that robbery at Rite-Aid on 79th Ave the other day) but my parents live in a neighborhood near Socastee High & the number of crimes that occur around that area is extremely large! They've had so many break-ins in their neighborhood that my dad keeps a padlock on the fence in his backyard because he's worried someone might mess with his Boykin Spaniel in order to break-in unnoticed. (PS. they should think twice because Vannah's mighty feisty!) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my prayers and thoughts tonight are with all those people that love heather. I know those 2 guys did wrong, but imo, things were getting desperate in the home camp and they thought they were helping. Family should hire a private eye instead of doing things on their own. I would be desperate also if my loved one was missing. I would be out there doing my own thing and probably end up in the slammer also.

agreed !!!!

I would not be willing to go to jail on the chance that my interference offered more than the skill set of law enforcement.

We all have to decide what hill we're willing to die on, and sitting in jail, unable to contribute to the search for my loved one, and unable to raise my voice, is not a hill I would be willing to try and take, on emotionally driven principle, or, on the self-involved belief that I have more to offer than LE resources.

I don't think LE is necessarily without some flaws here, but I don't think it's been the bumbling dunce that the arrested parties apparently think it is. Let's recall that outside of the initial pool of presumably credible people LE talked to, the people who are doing the majority of the talking are largely pot stirrers whose identity is potentially in question, and parties who got themselves arrested for obstruction. There is a need in these missing person cases for both family persistence and insights and boldness, and LE resources. Nobody wins anything trying to be the one who outsmarted or out-performed the other.

I also think people's agendas are all over the place in this case, and the SM eyesore in question is an expression of a profoundly derailed focus.

I am deeply saddened for Heather.

she reminds me of Brittney Drexler. It's just her look.

she reminds me of Brittney Drexler. It's just her look.

Maybe in some photos, but her (Heather's) look is too different in various photos even to look like the same person.

I would not be willing to go to jail on the chance that my interference offered more than the skill set of law enforcement.

We all have to decide what hill we're willing to die on, and sitting in jail, unable to contribute to the search for my loved one, and unable to raise my voice, is not a hill I would be willing to try and take, on emotionally driven principle, or, on the self-involved belief that I have more to offer than LE resources.

I don't think LE is necessarily without some flaws here, but I don't think it's been the bumbling dunce that the arrested parties apparently think it is. Let's recall that outside of the initial pool of presumably credible people LE talked to, the people who are doing the majority of the talking are largely pot stirrers whose identity is potentially in question, and parties who got themselves arrested for obstruction. There is a need in these missing person cases for both family persistence and insights and boldness, and LE resources. Nobody wins anything trying to be the one who outsmarted or out-performed the other.

I also think people's agendas are all over the place in this case, and the SM eyesore in question is an expression of a profoundly derailed focus.

I am deeply saddened for Heather.

Well said JC! Perhaps WB had good intentions, but I personally thought his posts indicated a need to control (posts, information flow, and directing tips to his personal phone #, facebook page and to him directly on street corners). That was a little off putting, but the Admin and the Elvis family didn't seem to mind, so what the heck?

Question: Why do some feel national coverage of this case will get the local LE to step up their game? Do you feel the state should take over this case? If yes why this case and not the others? Do you feel this isn't a "local" crime but one that has national ramifications? and finally .have you (locals) lost complete faith in your police department in regards to investigating what seems like a growing list of missing people?

I don't think national coverage would get LE to step anything up, and if they need national focus on them in order to perform at their best than that is VERY disheartening. I am somewhat concerned that their lack of pressers and/or interviews is related to the tourism industry and not wanting to bring too much attention to the growing problem of people going missing along the grand strand. I do think HCPD should be using ANY and all resources available to them including but not limited to state investigators. (to be clear, I'm not 100% sure they haven't reached out for help but don't think it's likely) The last one is a difficult question...I don't want to say I've lost all faith in local LE but it's starting to get increasingly difficult at this juncture to feel like they've done their best with this and other MP cases. I went to school for a criminal justice degree in this state, I had several professors that I know are talented and successful investigators and I can only hope that there are people just like them involved in leading this investigation. I just want Heather found.

Was there ever a good explanation for why Heather looks so different in some pics? Are they using old pics or something? It's weird.

Two arrested for providing false information in Heather Elvis case

Terry Elvis said he does not know Starnes, but said Barrett has been a friend of his for five years.

“I’m really disheartened,” Elvis said. “That’s not the kind of arrest we’re looking for. This is an unnecessary distraction.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/29/3233679/two-arrested-for-providing-false.html#storylink=cpy

I understood that BB was a close family friend of the Elvis family ~ interesting TE doesn't know G Starnes.
I wonder why GS got so heavily invested in the case that he would allegedly commit a crime? I am not insinuating anything... I just find that interesting.
Why is GS so involved? He was all over SM posting and apparently assisting in the searches. Did he know Heather and TE just didn't know? This is very likely because I don't know all the people that my kids know ~ just wondering out loud!

Was there ever a good explanation for why Heather looks so different in some pics? Are they using old pics or something? It's weird.

I agree it's weird and yes they are older pics. It has been discussed here previously. IMO it is really stupid to not mention tattoos and use old pictures. If she were still alive, I worry that people who had seen the poster wouldn't even recognize her if they ran into her!

I agree it's weird and yes they are older pics. It has been discussed here previously. IMO it is really stupid to not mention tattoos and use old pictures. If she were still alive, I worry that people who had seen the poster wouldn't even recognize her if they ran into her!

Yeah, I worry about that too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member