SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again the talk of the Purse! Terry mentions this at 14 minutes and 47 seconds in the video. It is missing along with her cellphone and keys and Heather.
So I don't get it, the inconsistencies about the purse. Terry says it is missing. But yet our verified insider says the purse is not missing, so I won't bring it up again......
IMOO.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peterhyatt/2014/02/09/-with-peter-hyatt

One thing Terry said in this interview that got me was in the first 20 minutes they felt she walked away because that is usually the case with missing persons reports in MB. Then he said within 20 minutes they knew that this was much more and she did not walk away. What did they discover within 20 minutes? Was their evidence in HEs apartment? In 20 minutes they might have spoken to BW and Date. They had TEs phone records from providers. But what else could they have after 20 minutes?

ETA: Was their evidence in the car?

TE said law enforcement is in contact with him every day. He also said he has never been to SM's property or on their property.

I'm confused when did DE & TE say they tried to call HE and everything went to voice mail??? The day the car was found?

One thing Terry said in this interview that got me was in the first 20 minutes they felt she walked away because that is usually the case with missing persons reports in MB. Then he said within 20 minutes they knew that this was much more and she did not walk away. What did they discover within 20 minutes? Was their evidence in HEs apartment? In 20 minutes they might have spoken to BW and Date. They had TEs phone records from providers. But what else could they have after 20 minutes?

TE sounded very factual when he said 'in 20 minutes we knew it was more, she did not walk away', imo. I think whatever made TE and the officer 'know' HE did not walk away is what prompted TE to wear gloves to drive the car to his house.

My guess would be within 20 minutes he talked to BW and found out about the OMM.

Again the talk of the Purse! Terry mentions this at 14 minutes and 47 seconds in the video. It is missing along with her cellphone and keys and Heather.
So I don't get it, the inconsistencies about the purse. Terry says it is missing. But yet our verified insider says the purse is not missing, so I won't bring it up again......
IMOO.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peterhyatt/2014/02/09/-with-peter-hyatt

Treelights, do you have a link where the VI said this? or who it was? I don't recall any VI saying that.

Re: your first statement, I agree that that is what happens in many cases. But, if that were the case here, I think there would have been more knowledge about other experiences. Usually when it gets to the point where you would leave, as in leave your life behind, others are aware that you have been in an abusive relationship, police have been called before, there may or may not even be a restraining order (not that they're very effective, I'm well aware). But, it seems as if her father was hearing that just then- maybe from roommate(?). It may have been a statement made in passing. Because if she really took that seriously, there would have been more known about it, no? And I think LE would have been looking so much into that connection we may not have even heard about OMM to the extent that we have. I don't know...just thinking out loud.

Regarding your second statement...hmmmm. That is interesting. But then why would LE be so sure she drove her car to PTL? Where would that fit in? And again I don't think so much attention would still be focused on OMM.

Agree and would add that if a girl her age really feels like someone is after her or that she's really in danger...she would most likely go to her dad. That's what girls do.

Worth repeating:

"We don’t need to understand why they did it, but how they did and who they are, because the end game is identifying the offender and getting him to confess."

http://csumagazine.com/2011/04/05/criminal-mind/

I'm hesitant/afraid to post anything - go easy on me, they say my Mercury's retrograde. :biggrin:

Last week someone posted Joe Kenda's opinion from 'Homicide Hunter' - iirc he thinks the most important factor to uncover or discover leading up to solving a crime is figuring out WHY the person ended up a victim. Go figure!

I was reminded of an interesting site about criminal investigations:
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/profiling/victimology/2.html
Here, you can type into the search window, 'Victimology and Criminal Profiling', or any crime related subject you're interested in, for a briefing on the subject.

Also I read up on opinions and laws about polygraph examinations, their strengths and weaknesses.
Interestingly, not all states ban the results from the courtroom (the judge may be privy but not the jurors in some states).
It's a common belief that courts don't allow test results but that isn't always true across the board.
Still, the lie detector test can be inaccurate for several reasons.
The test can result in the innocent flunking or the guilty passing (for various reasons - environment, equipment, test administrator, or reasons having to do with the suspect other than deliberately trying to beat the test, but then for that reason too).

Nothing is easy, right?

I think the Elvis family & friends should ask Anonymous to get involved. That's a much wider network than a single detective. Plus they have several tech gurus that most can't hold a candle to. They will obtain answers, no ifs ands or buts. They're free, if they take the case. All the Elvis' would have to do is show them exactly what's going on.

TE is such an awesome Father...IMO. God bless Heather's family and friends. :praying:

It's going to get even worse between the families if this case isn't solved. Not that isn't bad right now. But I can believe the Moorers are holding back, whether they are guilty or innocent. Now if they start thinking they got away with it or maybe aren't as worried about being arrested, then the claws will come out, on both sides. It's not going to "calm down" in 6 months, a year from now, it's going to get uglier.

I think the Elvis family & friends should ask Anonymous to get involved. That's a much wider network than a single detective. Plus they have several tech gurus that most can't hold a candle to. They will obtain answers, no ifs ands or buts. They're free, if they take the case. All the Elvis' would have to do is show them exactly what's going on.

What is Anonymous?

I'm confused when did DE & TE say they tried to call HE and everything went to voice mail??? The day the car was found?

Yes, the day her car was found.

Right, he said he called & called & called. I remember 7:00pm coming up too. Did he say they called from PTL until like 7:00? I forget. I remember him saying it was getting dark. I remember wondering if they drove directly to Heather's place for a well-check visit.

If SM is innocent why not clear himself?
Is SM covering for someone else?
Does he think being silent will make this go away?
Why was there Police reports on TE harrassing SM, when TE was never on the property.
LE and TE are very close, in contact daily.
Something surely will explode soon.
and this JEEP, where is it hidden??? and the thugs that drove it............
I hope LE follows TE around undercover and sets these thugs up.

My guess would be within 20 minutes he talked to BW and found out about the OMM.

I get that he found out about OMM but does that mean in 20 minutes they knew she was a missing person? I think if he found out about HE dating an OMM he'd be upset but how would TE and LE know it was much more just by discovering HE was involved with OMM?

On a somewhat related note, if you are interested in this sort of thing, former FBI Agents John Dalton & the late Robert Ressler wrote an excellent book in the late 1980s, called "Sexual Homicide:Patterns and Motives. It has a lot of interesting information on serial killers-specifically on their thought processes. Also, Agent Ressler worked on the Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Chase and John Joubert cases. Agent Dalton worked on the Green River Killings and the Atlanta Child Murders.

How timely! While studying issues related to the lie detector test, I learned that, Gary Ridgway (a.k.a. the Green River serial killer), outsmarted polygraph tests repeatedly.

There's a lot of info about GR at the crime library site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc