SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it your opinion that it was a direct quote or did the MSM say that it was a direct quote?

Thanks,

Salem

It is a direct quote from the police report:

Terry Elvis told police he exited the rear of his sign shop in the Market Common shopping district on Feb. 4 and saw a jeep – raised “significantly” above its normal height – with two men inside. The passenger yelled, “We already have Heather, Morgan is next,” according to an incident report.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ce-investigate-threat-made.html#storylink=cpy

Re: your first statement, I agree that that is what happens in many cases. But, if that were the case here, I think there would have been more knowledge about other experiences. Usually when it gets to the point where you would leave, as in leave your life behind, others are aware that you have been in an abusive relationship, police have been called before, there may or may not even be a restraining order (not that they're very effective, I'm well aware). But, it seems as if her father was hearing that just then- maybe from roommate(?). It may have been a statement made in passing. Because if she really took that seriously, there would have been more known about it, no? And I think LE would have been looking so much into that connection we may not have even heard about OMM to the extent that we have. I don't know...just thinking out loud.

Regarding your second statement...hmmmm. That is interesting. But then why would LE be so sure she drove her car to PTL? Where would that fit in? And again I don't think so much attention would still be focused on OMM.

I don't know. LE may have evidence that makes all this moot. The interview on myhorry made it sound like they didn't really think she left, and I'm inclined to agree that it's the least likely explanation. Yeah, it seems like they're focused on OM with good reason, but on the other hand you'd think that with several weeks to investigate, they would have found enough evidence to arrest him by now if he was guilty.

I know that I used to work with a woman who was in a deeply abusive relationship but she did such a good job of hiding it that none of us even suspected until the morning she didn't come to work because she was in the hospital and he was in jail for putting her there. So it seems possible that HE might have tried to hide it from her family.

Or maybe she feared for their safety; threatening harm to others is a common ploy of abusive partners.

She might have driven the car to Peachtree Landing to meet a friend who took her to the bus depot or airport? She might not have wanted to be picked up at the apartment if she thought the guy was watching her. And the friend might not be cooperating with the police because of protecting HE.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawkke
Heather, along with her keys and phone are missing. Nothing else. No, she hasn't answered ANY calls...as her phone has been off since the last reported use. That, in itself, is enough to cause concern as she NEVER turned her phone off.
Thank you LadyHawkke for this valuable post.
"Heather, along with her keys and phone are missing. Nothing else." is what you posted." Snipped by me but you can read the whole post at the link above.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Quoting LadyHawkke from the link above:
"Yes, of course. The only items unaccounted for are her phone and her keys...and Heather."

Right, that was the first time she answered questions about a purse. The quote I linked from Ladyhawkke was at a later date. Many people on the board were talking about a purse, position of the seat, drivers license, etc. Ladyhawkke then responded saying the only things missing besides Heather were her keys & cellphone.

I think the confusion stemmed from a person that wasn't verified but posted information that turned out to be true. Some has been published, some not. Plus people posted things as fact that were deleted. Many of us were on board when somebody said Heather didn't usually carry a purse. Then we posted based on that but whomever posted it removed their post, so I think it was touchy info that wasn't supposed to be posted or else it was a troll. God help us, so crazy.

Sorry JG it took me so long to try to figure out how to move over a post I must have posted my link while you were.

I heard him say that he didn't think SM wasn't cooperating and I heard Peter conclude that it means he didn't take a polygraph. But, I didn't hear TE say those exact words. Did TE say that SM did not take a polygraph or are people assuming that not cooperating means he didn't take one? Maybe I missed him say that. It's possible as the podcast did cut out at one point.

Hockeymom, I didn't say or even mention TE or anyone else talking about if they have taken one or not. Peter did encourage them to do so, so perhaps he knows something we don't or is simply assuming as others are.

Hockeymom may I ask a question? It appears many have differing views/opinions....it's pretty obvious which way most opinions lead based on which comments they "like" as well as the comments or leading questions that are asked, myself included. I'm curious if you feel the M's aren't responsible what your theory is? No condemnation at all, just curious of your take?

Right, that was the first time she answered questions about a purse. The quote I linked from Ladyhawkke was at a later date. Many people on the board were talking about a purse, position of the seat, drivers license, etc. Ladyhawkke then responded saying the only things missing besides Heather were her keys & cellphone.

I think the confusion stemmed from a person that wasn't verified but posted information that turned out to be true. Some has been published, some not. Plus people posted things as fact that were deleted. Many of us were on board when somebody said Heather didn't usually carry a purse. Then we posted based on that but whomever posted it removed their post, so I think it was touchy info that wasn't supposed to be posted or else it was a trollll. God help us, so crazy.

BBM and at that time and still, IMO the perps read here also. :jail: soon I Pray!!

Sorry JG it took me so long to try to figure out how to move over a post I must have posted my link while you were.

Lol no worries at all. These threads move so fast bc everyone wants answers. Too many people going missing & not enough answers. Out of the majority of missing persons cases, this one grew rather quickly in the public's eye, so I'm really hoping with her being online so much that pertinent of can be gleaned from it.

I know. I quoted Ladyhawkke's post to Ima in my first response. Ladyhawkke emphasized the time, to consider the time.

I think we were all trying to get the info over here from thread 6 at the same time. I didn't realize when I was answering that everyone else was too. Sorry.

I think once LE saw that her phone had not been used in nearly two days, they would on alert.

I think we were all trying to get the info over here from thread 6 at the same time. I didn't realize when I was answering that everyone else was too. Sorry.

Ha,ha this is so true. One day someone needs to tell me how to move a post over :)

Ha,ha this is so true. One day someone needs to tell me how to move a post over :)

I still don't know and I've been here for years. I usually ended up copying and pasting with a reference to which thread and post # where I found the information.
One day I will figure it out :)

Lol omg I feel bad. ;) I retread my post & thought immediately oh that sounds too straight forward, she might take it the wrong way, so I deleted it... Then I come back & you already responded. I'm sorry my friend. Didn't mean anything, was only posting fast. :blowkiss:

Lol omg I feel bad. ;) I retread my post & thought immediately oh that sounds too straight forward, she might take it the wrong way, so I deleted it... Then I come back & you already responded. I'm sorry my friend. Didn't mean anything, was only posting fast. :blowkiss:

It's all good ;)
I'm usually guilty of the fast post that sounds too straight up.
I just wanted to clarify in case anyone thought I was beating a dead horse. And I'm posting from tapatalk so I don't have the cute little emoticons to show the dead horse or I would.

Sorry if I'm asking something that has already been hashed out but wouldn't they know if she changed clothes if the clothing she wore on the date were in her apartment?

Yes. What he said was that LE had not told him of what they had found and/or taken as evidence from the apt.

It is a direct quote from the police report:

Terry Elvis told police he exited the rear of his sign shop in the Market Common shopping district on Feb. 4 and saw a jeep – raised “significantly” above its normal height – with two men inside. The passenger yelled, “We already have Heather, Morgan is next,” according to an incident report.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ce-investigate-threat-made.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you. I don't interpret it as a direct quote. I interpret it as the reporter looked at the police report and then wrote his/her story based on that report. But it is fine if you take it as a direct quote. It is stated in MSM and we each get to interpret things as we see fit.

I appreciate the response.

Thank you.

Salem

Purse, cellphone, keys and Heather missing per TE. He doesn't know if she changed clothes or not as he hasn't seen what they took from her apartment. TE was told by LE that Heather may have changed clothes, but TE doesn't know if she did or didn't.

TE never had contact with 'them', never been to their place. Said people can contact police if they desire and find out. He states he has no desire to go on their property. That if he was on their property, there would be no doubt whether he had been there.

Hockeymom, I didn't say or even mention TE or anyone else talking about if they have taken one or not. Peter did encourage them to do so, so perhaps he knows something we don't or is simply assuming as others are.

Hockeymom may I ask a question? It appears many have differing views/opinions....it's pretty obvious which way most opinions lead based on which comments they "like" as well as the comments or leading questions that are asked, myself included. I'm curious if you feel the M's aren't responsible what your theory is? No condemnation at all, just curious of your take?

The reason I asked was because you stated, "I hope that both his and the hosts encouraging SM/TM to submit to a polygraph and clear themselves is heeded." The only reason to suggest one to take one, is if they haven't already done so. I was asking because I may have missed something. LE stated that many polygraphs have been taken. I prefer to take my facts from them, as there is so much conflicting information flying everywhere right now and I certainly am not going to make any assumptions. So, thanks for clarifying that TE did not say it on air.

For me, I don't only like comments that I agree with, I like comments, that are well thought out and even have a great thought process. I have many theories and all of them can't be discussed here. I don't know anything for sure because there are barely any facts that we do know and the ones we do know keep changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc