SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post seems to answer a question I posted before reading your post.

"May have changed clothes"? I can't even believe this is for real.

Especially in the early days, it made no sense that no one mentioned anywhere what HE may have been wearing (I did not assume she was necessarily wearing the same clothes as in the photo when she went out.).

But to read that TE supposedly can't get information from LE about whether or not HE changed clothes is shocking to me, if true.

Quoting TE in today's interview with PH ...

"I received a text from Heather that night at about 10:00. We know what she was wearing in that picture. But we have since learned from the police department that she may have changed clothes. I don't know that for a fact. I do know that her purse, her cell phone and her keys are missing. Short of that I'm not sure what she had on. I had assumed with that photo that she would still have that on, but I don't know if she changed clothes or not because I've not seen the stuff they picked up from her apartment as evidence"

clu, I'm launching off your post. ty

Last night, on this very subject, I posted my way into trouble somehow.
Eventually I became frustrated, so I gave up trying to express the meaning behind my posts which was -

1. there are two different versions of the story and
2. wanting to know why.

It probably was something I said that set peeps off, but instead of concentrating on the problem of inaccurate reporting that has occurred repeatedly, the concentration was placed mainly on TE's behavior as was REPORTED also, involving the differing messages he received from the perps driving the jeep along with his reactions to the messages.

How come if one is trying to get to the bottom of a question, one is accused of not being 'nice'? I don't think asking questions equates with not being 'nice'. I know men don't think along these lines.

I can relate to what you're saying bc I'm the same way. I like getting to the nitty gritty of the matter. It helps me to dissect everything, even though it puts me through alot of frustration.

Quoting TE in today's interview with PH ...

"I received a text from Heather that night at about 10:00. We know what she was wearing in that picture. But we have since learned from the police department that she may have changed clothes. I don;t know that for a fact. I do know that her purse, her cell phone and her keys are missing".

Thank you. It just gets stranger.

Your post seems to answer a question I posted before reading your post.

"May have changed clothes"? I can't even believe this is for real.

Especially in the early days, it made no sense that no one mentioned anywhere what HE may have been wearing (I did not assume she was necessarily wearing the same clothes as in the photo when she went out.).

But to read that TE supposedly can't get information from LE about whether or not HE changed clothes is shocking to me, if true.

Unfortunately it's very common for the family of a missing person to be given little or no information about the investigation. It sounds like TE has more contact than most families; if they're keeping some details private, that's not surprising.

<Mod Snip>As an example of how tempers /frustrations affect those directly involved in a violent crime,
we have had a young girl(13) murdered (strangled,mutilated)here on LI awhile back (Kelly Ann Tinyes,1989) by her neighbor (Robert Golub,21 yr. old bodybuilder) who was convicted serving 25 to life. They lived 2 houses away and her body was found in the 18 yr. old's house as she was friends with his younger brother. My point being that neighborhood was a tinderbox ready to explode between the two families not just because of the older brother ,who was sitting in jail, but because the younger brother who was home at the time wasn't charged . For a couple of years the two families lived on the same block ,seeing each other everyday until finally the Golubs were able to sell their home. Yet there was no violence during that time...a lot of 911 calls but no violence.
Btw, it was the first case in NYS that had a case won by DNA forensics.

<Mod Snip>
We have had a young girl(13) murdered (strangled,mutilated)here on LI awhile back (Kelly Ann Tinyes,1989) by her neighbor (Robert Golub,21 yr. old bodybuilder) who was convicted serving 25 to life. They lived 2 houses away and her body was found in the 18 yr. old's house as she was friends with his younger brother. My point being that neighborhood was a tinderbox ready to explode between the two families not just because of the older brother ,who was sitting in jail, but because the younger brother who was home at the time wasn't charged . For a couple of years the two families lived on the same block ,seeing each other everyday until finally the Golubs were able to sell their home. Yet there was no violence during that time...a lot of 911 calls but no violence.
Btw, it was the first case in NYS that had a case won by DNA forensics.

Actually, it looks like families lived on the same block for 20 years:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/0...er-remain-on-same-street-20-years-after-teen/

A lot of information in that article

Hatfields and McCoys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it's very common for the family of a missing person to be given little or no information about the investigation. It sounds like TE has more contact than most families; if they're keeping some details private, that's not surprising.

Except for the clothes issue... IMO, if le found the clothes from Heather's date night out in her room, hamper, floor, wherever - but they don't know what she changed into - then I fully understand why they didn't share that info with her father. However, if they didn't find her clothes from earlier, then I don't understand why they'd even suggest she may have changed. Kwim?

True, but that usually does not include the last seen description of what the missing person was wearing. Why keep that detail private?

I would agree with you, except about what she may have been last wearing.

I can't think of any reason why, if HE did not change, that information shouldn't have been put out on posters, SM, and all the other media.

If the "date" clothes were found and she did change, maybe no one has any idea what she was wearing, but that says, to me, she planned on going out meeting someone, a fact which was not suggested until the recent p.c.

If anyone has any ideas why it would be a good idea NOT to tell the public, who you are asking for help, what the missing person may have been last wearing, I would really like to know. :banghead::scared::please::moo:

Could LE have taken the clothing as evidence and not want TE to know? I personally do not agree with those who believe LE is keeping him informed any more so than parents in other cases, which often is not at all.

But surely Mom or someone can tell if what she had on in photo is there in apartment, right? And if it is not, that either Le took it or she still had it on when she left. Why would LE take other clothing? IMO someone close to her still should be able to figure out if a certain jacket, hoodie, or,shoes, for example, is missing and might have been what she wore last.
And if LE did not take or find that outfit from photo, would they want to have it described for missing flyers?

Very confusing...I think LE took the clothes.

Discussing anything from the Find Heather Facebook page is not allowed.

If I were being called out on this like SM, I would be VERY afraid of vigilante justice, (by the community). I would want to be cleared and would urge my family to get cleared also. <Mod Snip>, JMOO

Especially considering clearly someone, so far, has gotten away with... a lot in HE's case. I am not sure if her perp planned her disappearance or if it happened in the spur of the moment but I'd fear what could happen if someone had, say 2 months to plan someone's demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree with you, except about what she may have been last wearing.

I can't think of any reason why, if HE did not change, that information shouldn't have been put out on posters, SM, and all the other media.

If the "date" clothes were found and she did change, maybe no one has any idea what she was wearing, but that says, to me, she planned on going out meeting someone, a fact which was not suggested until the recent p.c.

If anyone has any ideas why it would be a good idea NOT to tell the public, who you are asking for help, what the missing person may have been last wearing, I would really like to know. :banghead::scared::please::moo:

If anyone can offer a reason why the description of her tattoos was not included in the first missing person information, I would appreciate it. Because I haven't been able to think of any reason to explain the tattoos being omitted from her description .

why take phone and keys ( could have locked them in car)you're not going to be using?

JMO, Topcat. I believe Heather had her phone, keys and the possible purse with her when she got into the car of the individual she went to meet at PTL. The perp(s) ended up with her accessories by default, not choice. :twocents:

Salem, this isn't fair. I'm sorry but news media people can't quote their opinions.
We can't brush off everything that is wrong with the information being put out.

Just like if one wants to push a subject so as to stand correct (when something is indeed a fact) they can quote a math book to prove rules put forth within.

I've consciously tried to increase my critical thinking skills as I've gone along in life, you can't ask us to dumb ourselves down.
Nobody would have done that to BondJamesBond during the Anthony case.

I have read reporters inserting their interpretation a thousand over. I'm older.

A person, and I've done it too, have made statements that later is clarified after an intense moment has settled down. I don't care if it's written either way, I take it as a threat to go out of your way to remove license plates, pull up to the back of a business and even mention a man's daughters names. First, second quote doesn't matter, it was their names said that would be boiling in my blood. Strangers saying your children's name? One missing? I hope they are found asap and wish this didn't even happen. Heather needs found, this jeep is all piddly chit & stupid.

Could LE have taken the clothing as evidence and not want TE to know? I personally do not agree with those who believe LE is keeping him informed any more so than parents in other cases, which often is not at all.

But surely Mom or someone can tell if what she had on in photo is there in apartment, right? And if it is not, that either Le took it or she still had it on when she left. Why would LE take other clothing? IMO someone close to her still should be able to figure out if a certain jacket, hoodie, or,shoes, for example, is missing and might have been what she wore last.
And if LE did not take or find that outfit from photo, would they want to have it described for missing flyers?

Very confusing...I think LE took the clothes.

My 21 yr old daughter is petite like Heather and has worn the same size clothing for years. She has a ton of clothes and purses and shoes, I would never be able to guess what items were missing.

I keep a second FB page that I use to post on various pages about missing persons, etc.
I do not consider it to be "fake"...I do it because most of the activity on my original page is with my five nieces, all about Heather's age, and I am not convinced my settings are completely the way they should be to protect their pages, etc...but I still would not post anything that was not in my usual way, which I hope is respectful...not everyone with multiple profiles is an enemy, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero