SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:couch:

Stepping out from the behind the couch where I've been lurking...

Let's say Heather agreed to drive to PTL to meet up with someone. It was in the early morning hours when it was still dark and few people were around. Perhaps, she wore something along the line of a chemise. Maybe it wasn't something she would normally wear to sleep in and it hasn't been missed by anyone. If LE found it at PTL, they would already have in their possession what they believed she wore that night so no clothing description would be necessary.

Back to lurking....

Within 20 minutes of...?

When did the clock start ticking on the 20 minutes?

It seems to me, and this is just an opinion, that if LE has known, essentially, what happened since 20 minutes into this, it's time to call it foul play and admit they're looking for a body.

Within 20 minutes of...?

It seems to me, and this is just an opinion, that if LE has known, essentially, what happened since 20 minutes into this, it's time to call it foul play and admit they're looking for a body.

I will have to go back and listen but I'm pretty sure TE said 20 minutes after he arrived at her car. Oddly enough it is discussed at the 20 minute mark of the interview.

I get that he found out about OMM but does that mean in 20 minutes they knew she was a missing person? I think if he found out about HE dating an OMM he'd be upset but how would TE and LE know it was much more just by discovering HE was involved with OMM?

cuz in timeline roomie mentioned she received a call from Heather upset about discussion w/OM at 141am. We were discussing how date SS said she didn't seem upset and then how BW said she had a gr8 date on 12/17.
Car wasn't found until 12/19 when TE went to PTL and drove it away w/gloves. One of the MSM stories mentioned at that time dad was calling everyone he knew where Heather might be. I bet it was at that time BW might have revealed to TE or officer at scene about OM. Thereby, I'm assuming the comment about after 20 mins we knew.
I wonder when the last time TE spoke with or saw Heather in person? Just like Heather texted picture of a laptop as her Xmas wish (which seemed a regular occurrence)? We still don't know if anyone saw Heather pick up her mail on Tuesday or how they might even be able to pinpoint a time?? VI revealed there were 2 fast food receipts (& probable video) from BEFORE her date.
If they only realized Heather missing when she didn't show up for work at TK then you begin to wonder WHO she spoke with or had contact with regularly. Don't know when BW left for Florida. If her last time at work was the sunday prior you'd think Heather might have gone out and done some things (even Xmas shopping) on her 5 days off between shifts.
Maybe that's why comment made by TE advising to always stay in touch w/your kids??
So many "holes" & not enuf answers. :twocents::banghead:

Within 20 minutes of...?

JMO but if they were looking in water and woods they are looking for a body.

Within 20 minutes of...?

Anyone can feel in their bones that something is a certain way. Circumstantial evidence may indicate someone is deceased, but unless there is physical evidence of a crime, or an actual body, I'd think they'd have to have a large amount of circumstantial evidence to call the correct foul play. After all, there were three girls held for 10 years, and other people held captive for many years. Foul play, but not dead.

I have listened to the interview several times and at the 3:54 mark TE states the time that HE went missing and it was 3:41. Am I listening to it correctly?

Sure, but that doesn't explain not releasing images of her tattoos.

Granted, we know her family did not enjoy them, but I don't think that fact would prevent them from releasing any and all info that could help to bring her home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd missing poster - reward of $1,000 has images of her tats
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcGfhN7CcAAIqe2.png:large

banner for many SM sites for finding HE and her parents personal pages have shown the tat's since the reward was at $25k

why does everyone keep saying they are hiding them?

I reviewed most all the incident reports in Myrtle Beach around the time of the threatening incident on the 4th and afterwards and didnt spot anything that could be for sure another incident with those same 2 persons. Was hoping to spot something where they did something else but nothing definite.

The depressing thing I did find was numerous incidents of girls being physically assaulted by their boyfriends. My goodness. It is awful if this happens so frequently.
One poor girl was punched in the face multiple times.

My goodness. Please everyone. If anyone lays a hand on you even ONCE. Leave the person immediately and never come back. I realize easier said than done, but please leave.

Most all the incidents sounded like they had a history of this abuse. And most all the incidents sounded like someone could have easily ended up dead. Scary stuff and way too much of it going on.

What a shocking eye opener. I knew this stuff happened but to see so many incidents in just a few days in 1 town. Imagine how many across the country. Im sickened by this. I pray for people in that situation that they have the courage to leave.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65576&highlight=Gary+Ridgeway

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Serial Killers
WA - Green River Serial Killer - Gary Ridgway

Thanks Foxfire.
At times reading an article that recaps a case, highlighting the important aspects learned from it after the fact, is more efficient than going through hundreds of posts. The authors of the material on the referenced site are professionals afaik and write case studies presented as lessons.

For these reasons, I didn't mention WS as the primary source to learn about GR. Otherwise, if someone has lots of time, there's a ton of information contained within case threads on WS.

JMO but if they were looking in water and woods they are looking for a body.

Then they've ruled out the possibility of her being a runaway.

Except that they haven't.

And there is a public calling out of suspects by name in a case with no named suspects.

Or something like that.

About the clothing...is the photo TE said he received from HE the only reason we think we know anything about her clothing that night? And has it been confirmed the date took that picture?

The reason I'm asking these things is because what if LE did find that shirt at HE's place and it had not been worn recently...hanging clean in her closet or etc? ...Just jumping off a post above about thinking of reasons why what she was wearing was not released...

I respectfully disagree that men don't think along those lines. It's more of a personality thing. I can't say whether this is the case here or not, but sometimes it has to do with delivery when posting. When posters state things as facts and forget to say IMO, JMO, etc, it comes across very harsh, almost like they are cross examining another poster. Everyone is allowed their opinion without someone trying to shout them down. The words "I am curious, why do you think that?" go a long way towards making someone think that their own opinion is valued. If someone doesn't agree with another poster, try to think about the words you post and do so respectfully. JMO and something I think we all should consider when we post.

I also felt the same way and just attributed it to being "new" on a forum . As a new person it quite often felt if I mentioned something in regards to a certain way of thinking (religious for example) I got smacked down and put in my place. It just seemed that way to me.
It almost made me want to say it's not worth putting up with aggravation to contribute something that didn't seem to be wanted. Kinda like take your crazy ideas somewhere and not here. I believe we all have something to contribute-each in our own way. This forum should also be NEWBIE friendly along with victim friendly. I've stuck with it because I believe the important thing is finding Heather.
I'm sorry if I've offended anybody. I certainly never intend to. When you have such a diverse forum from all walks of life and all parts of the world,some things are going to be bound to be taken out of context. It's hard to read words when you don't know the personalities behind them.

<snip>

Anyone can feel in their bones that something is a certain way. Circumstantial evidence may indicate someone is deceased, but unless there is physical evidence of a crime, or an actual body, I'd think they'd have to have a large amount of circumstantial evidence to call the correct foul play. After all, there were three girls held for 10 years, and other people held captive for many years. Foul play, but not dead.

If I'm following along, and I think I am, there is a public claim that within 20 minutes into some aspect of the car finding timeline, it was clear to LE/TE that Heather did not walk away. I have not heard LE refute that thus far. And as I understand it, tied to that claim is a public accusation toward two specific people. I have not heard LE attempt to quell this.

I would like to see LE be the spokesperson here. I realize LE has no obligation to disclose anything that would give up its investigation results to the public.

But police silence in the midst of brewing vigilantism and a radio host calling out an individual with a history of involvement with the victim is just not making sense to me.

2nd missing poster - reward of $1,000 has images of her tats
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcGfhN7CcAAIqe2.png:large

banner for many SM sites for finding HE and her parents personal pages have shown the tat's since the reward was at $25k

why does everyone keep saying they are hiding them?

This is not my first missing person case, but this is my first missing person case where the physical description of the tattoos have never been given. I have seen a list of her eye color, hair, weight, but not tattoos, and that isn't normal. It's not. I am not going to use the words hiding. I find it odd. Every missing person I know has had them listed and have followed many on here, FB, and with locally with my family in LE. I don't pass any of her fliers the family made around because last I looked they had the wrong number, which was not LE. The wrong date the car was found abandoned, according yo LE. Some of the pictures are so old. So, to help, someone created something with the correct date, LE phone number, tattoos, newer pictures, and is waiting on LE approval to use. Jmo.

I reviewed most all the incident reports in Myrtle Beach around the time of the threatening incident on the 4th and afterwards and didnt spot anything that could be for sure another incident with those same 2 persons. Was hoping to spot something where they did something else but nothing definite.

The depressing thing I did find was numerous incidents of girls being physically assaulted by their boyfriends. My goodness. It is awful if this happens so frequently.
One poor girl was punched in the face multiple times.

My goodness. Please everyone. If anyone lays a hand on you even ONCE. Leave the person immediately and never come back. I realize easier said than done, but please leave.

Most all the incidents sounded like they had a history of this abuse. And most all the incidents sounded like someone could have easily ended up dead. Scary stuff and way too much of it going on.

What a shocking eye opener. I knew this stuff happened but to see so many incidents in just a few days in 1 town. Imagine how many across the country. Im sickened by this. I pray for people in that situation that they have the courage to leave.

I've worked w/abused women,& it's a vicious cycle. Women think they have no options or they "deserved it" or it's "their fault" Quite often abuse is passed down thru generations/families. Girls see their mothers abused and grow up believing they also have to put up with it.
That's why I cringe when I see someone say it would be natural to go to Daddy w/tales of abuse. Many girls grew up watching their mothers abused (verbally OR physically) It's a shameful topic quite often swept under the rug. It's a dirty little secret nobody wants you to talk about. Usually they only reach out to friends because they're so ashamed their fathers might embarrass them calling out the abusers. Or their own fathers were abusers.
Most young ladies want to give the impression they have everything under control & they're taking care of their lives. By the time you're old enough to know better you learn that it ain't easy being young. I'd NEVER choose to be 20 again.knowing what I know now. Besides,at my age you learn what things in life matter the most. Too bad you have to go thru life making mistakes in order to figure it out :twocents::moo:

If I'm following along, and I think I am, there is a public claim that within 20 minutes into some aspect of the car finding timeline, it was clear to LE/TE that Heather did not walk away. I have not heard LE refute that thus far. And as I understand it, tied to that claim is a public accusation toward two specific people. I have not heard LE attempt to quell this.

I would like to see LE be the spokesperson here. I realize LE has no obligation to disclose anything that would give up its investigation results to the public.

But police silence in the midst of brewing vigilantism and a radio host calling out an individual with a history of involvement with the victim is just not making sense to me.
I guess I'm not following along with what you are following along with. The first I heard about the 20 minutes was on the blog radio show:
Peter Hyatt (Is that correct?) : "Was it fair to say that the police have…have, um… the police indicated that something happened to Heather against her will?"

Terry Elvis: "At this..at this date…In the beginning, in the very beginning...the first 20 minutes…in the very beginning, they thought it was a walk away because the majority of the ones that happen in Myrtle Beach are just that. They’re walk aways. But it became abundantly clear after the first 20 minutes that was not the case."

That was following a question about the phone calls, the implication being that they were damaging to someone involved in the phone calls.

I haven't heard/read anything about 20 minutes being a public claim, just this one by TE, so if you have another reference to that, TIA. Maybe I'm having a stupid moment and not understanding what you are saying here.

Sadly, this end is starting to look more and more likely to me.

True,but her significant tattoos are identifying features. Someone out there might have seen something & be able to connect Heather out with some person at certain times. Usually when I see nice tatoos I'll even comment about it to the person. Most people are proud of their tattoos & they usually mean something important to the person. Especially since Heather had 4 I could see,& maybe even a tongue piercing.
While this might embarrass/shame different people I think it's important in being able to determine who they are.Like being able to search/ask questions at the tatoo parlor where she got her tattoos done??

I guess I'm not following along with what you are following along with. The first I heard about the 20 minutes was on the blog radio show:
Peter Hyatt (Is that correct?) : "Was it fair to say that the police have…have, um… the police indicated that something happened to Heather against her will?"

Terry Elvis: "At this..at this date…In the beginning, in the very beginning...the first 20 minutes…in the very beginning, they thought it was a walk away because the majority of the ones that happen in Myrtle Beach are just that. They’re walk aways. But it became abundantly clear after the first 20 minutes that was not the case."

That was following a question about the phone calls, the implication being that they were damaging to someone involved in the phone calls.

I haven't heard/read anything about 20 minutes being a public claim, just this one by TE, so if you have another reference to that, TIA. Maybe I'm having a stupid moment and not understanding what you are saying here.

I think once you put it on the internet to the public, it's pretty public.

Amen!! I, too, was an abused young person at 19 and stayed with the man for 22 years being abused everyday, always wanted to leave but was scared to leave and ashamed of what my parents and family would think of me if they found out. It took me 22 years and it took someone to intervene and literally take me by the hand and lead me out of the house in order to leave that hellious life. But ya know what....it was the best thing that ever happened to me, after counseling and support from my family I found my soul-mate and a man who loves me for me and would never lay a hand on me...I even tried things to make him mad to see if he would hit me or call me names but he never would. I've never been so happy and thankful every day for being able to experience a loving and nuturing marriage. I tell any young lady I see that I feel may be being abused , whether in the grocery store or at a gas station at my job wherever, I'll look at them and tell them get out life's too short to be living like this and things will b better! You don't deserve this treatment! I've even given my # out to some of those and told them to call and I would help them get out. It breaks my heart to see someone living thru the abuse!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero