SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to know, because it seems he has taken matters into his own hands by proxy. Re Valentine's Day. That sounds very ominous.

Did I miss something? Other than the full moon being the 14th, is there something else or a reference to Valentine's I'd missed? Sorry, but I've seen it mentioned a few times and now I'm wondering what I've missed.

However, when it comes to her missing and this time of 3:41 am, my guess is 3:41 indicates the end of the last call, the last time an unanswered call was dialed out or was the last time a text was sent from her phone. Unless TE received any app information from LE, that's really all he would have to go on from the phone bill/usage itself. Though he would be able to see data activity lasting until 6ish, he probably wouldn't know whether or not it were from auto-syncing or something more.

If he does know the investigative details of data activity occurring after 3:41 a.m. then I guess it's either he can't speak of it or he really knows the importance of that particular time. I don't think he's knows those details though.

that's assuming that data activity was on the cellphone and not via some other messaging/phone apparatus like Skype,IM,Googlevoice,other phone or any variations therein.Like another computer,etc. So many holes,it feels like Switzerland.

Did I miss something? Other than the full moon being the 14th, is there something else or a reference to Valentine's I'd missed? Sorry, but I've seen it mentioned a few times and now I'm wondering what I've missed.

Last week I posted 5 different things from
Full moon (usually also 2 days BEFORE & AFTER)
Valentines Day (lover,boyfriend angle)
Long Holiday weekend (Presidents day)
and a couple more..

also,apparently there's some further action going on...

that's assuming that data activity was on the cellphone and not via some other messaging/phone apparatus like Skype,IM,Googlevoice,other phone or any variations therein.Like another computer,etc. So many holes,it feels like Switzerland.

I agree, and you're right, I am assuming it wasn't another phone or computer. With all the apps now you can use on a phone such as those you mentioned above, I don't think she'd have a burner phone. Typically, I see a second or burner phone being needed for a job, or to separate oneself from one's criminal activity or something kept tucked away by a cheating significant other, or even as a back-up if needed. ...Something where an app wouldn't be optimal or "smart".

And I really don't see her using a computer/laptop to do so. ...Too many reasons to list as to why.

A tablet...with 4g/3g included...that's a thought, but I've not heard of one missing.

What do you think? Do you think it's possible and if so, in what likelihood? I hope you don't mind me asking, but I think being able to go back-and-forth helps as I'm open to all other thoughts and opinions.

I agree, and you're right, I am assuming it wasn't another phone or computer. With all the apps now you can use on a phone such as those you mentioned above, I don't think she'd have a burner phone. Typically, I see a second or burner phone being needed for a job, or to separate oneself from one's criminal activity or something kept tucked away by a cheating significant other, or even as a back-up if needed. ...Something where an app wouldn't be optimal or "smart".

And I really don't see her using a computer/laptop to do so. ...Too many reasons to list as to why.

A tablet...with 4g/3g included...that's a thought, but I've not heard of one missing.

What do you think? Do you think it's possible and if so, in what likelihood? I hope you don't mind me asking, but I think being able to go back-and-forth helps as I'm open to all other thoughts and opinions.

I guess she *might* have a burner phone only cuz ur father might not approve of some of ur activities on *his* phone. For instance,it seems like TE wasn't aware of OM or violent ex. You can get a cheap tracfone for next to nothing & keep ur private biz really private..besides,working as a hostess you might want to give pests or likely unknowns a burner number so don't intrude on your phone (if using it all the time) or give em a fake number

or another party might provide you with such a phone as your number untraceable & wouldn't show up on Caller ID-(think of trying to make excuses 4 a jealous partner when this way number untraceable). You can't do a reverse phone lookup.

I believe someone mentioned they had Vonage at the house. Nowadays u can even get phones that also connect w/ur cell phone & increase range. 2 phone lines at once..

also if you spent at least 7+ hours out & you got home in all likelihood you'd need recharging(along w/your phone). After getting home,getting settled you'd plug in your phone & use an alternate or get on comp. If you decided to go out again you'd prolly already have a car charger.Especially nowadays since phones are practically another appendage and we already know Heather ALWAYS had her phone (even at work!)

Since she asked for a laptop for Xmas & she was doing online classes already she might have a laptop or computer or Ipad around. I thot I saw an IPAD in one of her earlier selfies.

Don't think a tablet cuz no mention of 1 in her SM.

OF course we don't know what roomie had and if she only took her phone down to FL. Heck we don't even know if her car (a stickshift) was there & she went by plane. Or if she left any spare keys,etc..Or WHEN she left!

I love going back & forth and putting our heads together. I hope I haven't made this too long!

or maybe her date clothes were found in the condo & she switched into fresh clothes...

maybe she had so many clothes no-one would know what's missing

roomies/BFF usually share clothes & since roomie in FL nobody would have a clue..

maybe they only found SOME of her clothes (a perp might like to keep momentos)

maybe her date clothes being tested for DNA/fluids ?

All possibilities, for sure, as well as the one I suggested.

However, when it comes to her missing and this time of 3:41 am, my guess is 3:41 indicates the end of the last call, the last time an unanswered call was dialed out or was the last time a text was sent from her phone. Unless TE received any app information from LE, that's really all he would have to go on from the phone bill/usage itself. Though he would be able to see data activity lasting until 6ish, he probably wouldn't know whether or not it were from auto-syncing or something more.

If he does know the investigative details of data activity occurring after 3:41 a.m. then I guess it's either he can't speak of it or he really knows the importance of that particular time. I don't think he's knows those details though.

I believe it is about 19 minutes into the interview that TE says something to the effect that between the time she was dropped off from her date and 3:41 there were 'numerous phone calls'. But he qualifies his info by saying the police have not released the details of her phone activity.

Then the interview with LE:
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html

'Investigators also confirmed earlier reports of cell phone communications between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer, a 38-year-old Horry County man with whom police records state she had a relationship history, as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18'

TE states that between the time HE came home and 3:41 the phone activity was phone calls. LE simply describes what occurs up till 6 AM as 'cell phone communications'.

This all gets confusing to keep track of.

I wonder what it would take to lure Heather out of her apartment to meet someone at PTL? In my opinion, her finances could play a part in that decision.

She broke up with a boyfriend and moved into an apartment with a girlfriend in the recent past, so that would be a blow to her finances.

It's the slow season in Myrtle Beach, so she would not be getting as many hours at work, which would hurt her pocketbook.

Christmas was a few days away, so she may have been desperate for Christmas gift money.

So - did someone who knew all that promise her money if she would come meet them?

I believe calls initially referencing were in the original TE piece on exojane which has since been "updated".
What I still don't understand is IF according to TE they knew something within the first 20 minutes...why did they let TE drive the car home? I would have refused for fear of compromising an investigation? If an officer was there why wouldn't he call for the car to be impounded??

Yes, that same question comes to my mind as well. But do we have a link to MSM that said TE drove the car home? I tried to find one last week and could not find it. Was it from a VI that we got this info?

The one or two articles are like this one:
http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

TE simply says he returned home. Not how - i.e., drove HE's car, LE drove him back home.

TE also says that he and LE saw nothing looked alarming or out of the ordinary where HE's car was parked.

Yes...putting on her TK uniform seems logical. Seriously??

Why is it so hard to believe after she had a relationship with a married man where she first encountered him at work while wearing her uniform? Obviously, that uniform turns men on or they wouldn't have the girls wear them.

I wonder what it would take to lure Heather out of her apartment to meet someone at PTL? In my opinion, her finances could play a part in that decision.

She broke up with a boyfriend and moved into an apartment with a girlfriend in the recent past, so that would be a blow to her finances.

It's the slow season in Myrtle Beach, so she would not be getting as many hours at work, which would hurt her pocketbook.

Christmas was a few days away, so she may have been desperate for Christmas gift money.

So - did someone who knew all that promise her money if she would come meet them?

I don't think it would take much. A man she most likely loves called and said he is leaving/has left his wife allegedly. I'm thinking if he said meet me, she would meet him.

I reviewed most all the incident reports in Myrtle Beach around the time of the threatening incident on the 4th and afterwards and didnt spot anything that could be for sure another incident with those same 2 persons. Was hoping to spot something where they did something else but nothing definite.

The depressing thing I did find was numerous incidents of girls being physically assaulted by their boyfriends. My goodness. It is awful if this happens so frequently.

One poor girl was punched in the face multiple times.

My goodness. Please everyone. If anyone lays a hand on you even ONCE. Leave the person immediately and never come back. I realize easier said than done, but please leave.

Most all the incidents sounded like they had a history of this abuse. And most all the incidents sounded like someone could have easily ended up dead. Scary stuff and way too much of it going on.

What a shocking eye opener. I knew this stuff happened but to see so many incidents in just a few days in 1 town. Imagine how many across the country. Im sickened by this. I pray for people in that situation that they have the courage to leave.

This is scary.
O/T: There was a 16 year old in SC who died on 12-30-13 from a gunshot to the face courtesy of her boyfriend she was trying to separate from. After she left the boyfriend she tried to get a protective order but couldn't because she was only 16.
The parents are now trying to get "Sierra's Law" passed which lowers the age one can apply for a protective order. Evidently SC has some of the weakest laws for teen dating violence.

Then they've ruled out the possibility of her being a runaway.

Except that they haven't.

And there is a public calling out of suspects by name in a case with no named suspects.

Or something like that.

IMO LE acts according to the information they have. One can look at their actions and conclude a lot.
They are not going to tell the public much and what they say may or may not contradict what we see them doing.
Actions speak much louder than words.
They do not need to tell us anything but they do have a responsibility to solve a crime if one has been committed. And quite honestly I cannot remember a case where a suspect or POI was named prior to an arrest. They just don't do that anymore. Yet I firmly believe LE is taking this investigation forward with the thought that they indeed have a suspect or two or three. All JMO

What are you implying? What would HE have to do to get this money once she met the person at PTL ?

This is not my first missing person case, but this is my first missing person case where the physical description of the tattoos have never been given. I have seen a list of her eye color, hair, weight, but not tattoos, and that isn't normal. It's not. I am not going to use the words hiding. I find it odd. Every missing person I know has had them listed and have followed many on here, FB, and with locally with my family in LE. I don't pass any of her fliers the family made around because last I looked they had the wrong number, which was not LE. The wrong date the car was found abandoned, according yo LE. Some of the pictures are so old. So, to help, someone created something with the correct date, LE phone number, tattoos, newer pictures, and is waiting on LE approval to use. Jmo.

It is my opinion that LE and Heather's family knew fairly early on (read prior to posters being made) exactly what happened to Heather. Therefore LE and family released the information they felt was necessary.
If they are looking for an alive Heather tattoo information is invaluable.
In most missing persons cases they start off looking for an alive missing someone. I never got the feeling they were doing such in this investigation.
I've felt all along that decisions were made based on information we do not have. Think of the case this way and a lot of things start to make a lot of sense. JMO

[/B]

What are you implying? What would HE have to do to get this money once she met the person at PTL ?

I get what you are implying, but I did not go there. I said that money could have been a carrot dangled in front of her to push her over the edge to agreeing to meet someone. I did not say there were conditions attached to receiving the money. The person could have simply said, "If you will meet me, I will give you some money to help you out."

True,but her significant tattoos are identifying features. Someone out there might have seen something & be able to connect Heather out with some person at certain times. Usually when I see nice tatoos I'll even comment about it to the person. Most people are proud of their tattoos & they usually mean something important to the person. Especially since Heather had 4 I could see,& maybe even a tongue piercing.

While this might embarrass/shame different people I think it's important in being able to determine who they are.Like being able to search/ask questions at the tatoo parlor where she got her tattoos done??

If LE thought they were important to the case THEY would have released that info. They did not.
So much blame is being placed on this family over these tattoos. Maybe it should be asked why didn't LE release the tattoo information.
Maybe the answer to that question is very different than the answers of shame and embarrassment to the family that has been stated numerous times here. Or maybe not.
All JMO

It is my opinion that LE and Heather's family knew fairly early on (read prior to posters being made) exactly what happened to Heather. Therefore LE and family released the information they felt was necessary.
If they are looking for an alive Heather tattoo information is invaluable.
In most missing persons cases they start off looking for an alive missing someone. I never got the feeling they were doing such in this investigation.
I've felt all along that decisions were made based on information we do not have. Think of the case this way and a lot of things start to make a lot of sense. JMO

So do you think they found some indication that Heather has been killed, such as a pool of blood? I also think that Terry thinks Heather is dead. However, in most cases, the parents insist the child is alive for years, holding onto to improbable sightings in foreign countries. For the parents who do have their child declared dead before finding a body, that is usually years later. So what could he know that would have him thinking his daughter is dead less than 2 months later? Is it just logic and being realistic? Even if he has a suspect, you would think a father would want to believe that Heather was still being held somewhere.

<snipped by me>

I choose to believe LE only. IMO, they have no reason to say who is cleared and not.

<snipped by me>

IMO it would be prudent for LE to say they have cleared certain individuals especially in light of the claims of vigilante justice. There is clearly issues of safety and distraction going on in this case from every side.
A big reason for LE to say certain individuals are clear would be to eliminate all of this so they can solely focus on finding Heather but they haven't.
All JMO

So do you think they found some indication that Heather has been killed, such as a pool of blood? I also think that Terry thinks Heather is dead. However, in most cases, the parents insist the child is alive for years, holding onto to improbable sightings in foreign countries. For the parents who do have their child declared dead before finding a body, that is usually years later. So what could he know that would have him thinking his daughter is dead less than 2 months later? Is it just logic and being realistic? Even if he has a suspect, you would think a father would want to believe that Heather was still being held somewhere.

I agree. The only thing that makes any sense is if LE has something that points very strongly in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc