SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking for a while but I had to comment. I am a parent and live in a small town. If the entire town thought that I had something to do with a missing person and were threatening my child and I had nothing to do with the missing person I would do what ever I had to to clear my name. Fine, you want a lawyer, ok go for it but get your name cleared. For your families sake, for her families sake, just stop being quiet.

I see your point, but I would have pretty much the opposite reaction. I would figure nobody would believe me anyway, and the only thing I could really do would be to keep quiet and go on living my life.

Especially if that was my lawyer's advice.

He's got nothing to gain by saying anything.

That was more of a comment on the whole case, not this news piece.
IMOO.

Gotcha. Some people were commenting that they thought it would be revealed where HE was in the news piece, which is why I said that. My apologies.

The newscast was disappointing. However, it appears Terry is convinced SM is involved based on the phone records and SM not readily admitting to talking with Heather that night.
LE did not seem happy about the information that has been released..and I think they were referencing some information that slipped out on the FHE, as well as the initial police report.

Perhaps, I did not listen close enough, but I did not get the impression LE has told TE anything since the initial police report was made public.

On that note...would TE have his own copy of the police report to pass along to myhorrynews ???

I felt the same way. I do not think they are providing him daily updates as TE stated the other day on Peter's podcast. After the leaked police report, GS/BB and other things on SM, plus what he said and the inconsistencies between what LE says and TE says, I don't feel they are talking daily about details. Yes, TE would have access to the report, as he is the one who filed it out. I know here it is possible to get an electronic one as well. An all you would need to do is plop it into Microsoft Word to get you details.

I felt the same way. I do not think they are providing him daily updates as TE stated the other day on Peter's podcast. After the leaked police report, GS/BB and other things on SM, plus what he said and the inconsistencies between what LE says and TE says, I don't feel they are talking daily about details. Yes, TE would have access to the report, as he is the one who filed it out. I know here it is possible to get an electronic one as well. An all you would need to do is plop it into Microsoft Word to get you details.

I agree LE might have been giving TE info early but after all of this I'm guessing they are keeping things closer to their vests.

As far as I know, they only mentioned a fact sheet once ?

Yes but they actually did a quick camera shot of it. I just wondered if anyone caught more of it. It seemed something TE created versus an official fact sheet IMO.

Hockeymom ~~How did you know they were at their house and that he couldnt talk per his lawyer? IMO if I had a lawyer that didnt want me to speak I would ask the lawyer to make a statement on my behalf if I wanted my name and family cleared

I see your point, but I would have pretty much the opposite reaction. I would figure nobody would believe me anyway, and the only thing I could really do would be to keep quiet and go on living my life.

Especially if that was my lawyer's advice.

He's got nothing to gain by saying anything.

The lynch mob has already decided that they are guilty. Someone could be arrested for Heather's disappearance, and they would still think they were involved. Even if they were cleared, people would say it's a strategy by LE so they think they aren't being focused on. It will take a lot at this point for people to realize that no, the Moorers aren't guilty. I doubt they would even get an apology, but hopefully, they'll get a settlement.

Yes but they actually did a quick camera shot of it. I just wondered if anyone caught more of it. It seemed something TE created versus an official fact sheet IMO.

From this link:

"For the first time, he wants to share what he calls a fact sheet, showing why police need only look in one place. Truth is, much of that information comes from the unauthorized release of facts from a police report.

"There's a lot of circumstantial evidence, but it all points in one direction," Terry insists. "

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...ther-elvis-investigation-speak-out?page=1&N=F

Hockeymom ~~How did you know they were at their house and that he couldnt talk per his lawyer? IMO if I had a lawyer that didnt want me to speak I would ask the lawyer to make a statement on my behalf if I wanted my name and family cleared

How did I know beforehand? My friend drove by their house and the news car was parked outside. I didn't know the extent of anything that would be said. I only know that he didn't talk because I watched the news. I wouldn't ask my lawyer to speak because no one would believe my lawyer or me. I wouldn't believe the lawyer. I would only believe LE and bet that a lot of people would too.

The lynch mob has already decided that they are guilty. Someone could be arrested for Heather's disappearance, and they would still think they were involved. Even if they were cleared, people would say it's a strategy by LE so they think they aren't being focused on. It will take a lot at this point for people to realize that no, the Moorers aren't guilty. I doubt they would even get an apology, but hopefully, they'll get a settlement.

Paint me curious - What would they get a settlement for?

IMO; the people who have made this case into a circus and whose actions might have hurt the case are the ones who are supposedly for justice for Heather. Good job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member