SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hockeymom ~~How did you know they were at their house and that he couldnt talk per his lawyer? IMO if I had a lawyer that didnt want me to speak I would ask the lawyer to make a statement on my behalf if I wanted my name and family cleared
Bingo!!! Happens all the time, most Attorney's insist on it. Especially in high profile cases, good PR for them!!!

From this link:

"For the first time, he wants to share what he calls a fact sheet, showing why police need only look in one place. Truth is, much of that information comes from the unauthorized release of facts from a police report.

"There's a lot of circumstantial evidence, but it all points in one direction," Terry insists. "

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...ther-elvis-investigation-speak-out?page=1&N=F

The phone records only prove SM talked to Heather that night. Surely TE has more information than that to suggest SM is involved ?? Would LE really stand by and let the Moorer's lives be ruined if the only evidence implicating SM is the phone records ??

Hockeymom ~~How did you know they were at their house and that he couldnt talk per his lawyer? IMO if I had a lawyer that didnt want me to speak I would ask the lawyer to make a statement on my behalf if I wanted my name and family cleared

Bingo!!! Happens all the time, most Attorney's insist on it. Especially in high profile cases, good PR for them!!!

That was my thought as well....you see alot of lawyers speaking out for their clients...and in this case instead of saying what he said...I would hope my lawyer would say something along the lines as : At this time I feel its best my client not speak on the case but we would like for the family to know we are sorry for their loss and hope there is a break in the case soon and Heather is brought home etc etc etc...
Or something like that...

I read the entire interview with SM and the reporter on their website before it aired at 6:00 - I thought that was strange '

I knew that SM would be on because I knew that the news was at his house, but I didn't expect him to speak, as any lawyer would tell him not to. I didn't expect to get any information regarding HE or anything in that regard because we just received an update. I knew that BB would give us nothing, as I predicted he would justify what he did. TE did as well previously. What I had hoped to gain, I did. All I wanted to hear was from LE, on their take on things on SM and how it affects this case and their view on everything because what is being told is completely different. So, for me, I got what I was looking for, and much more.

IMO, that's why a Presser early on would have helped. LE could have released whatever info they wanted and a "fact sheet" if you will.

Rumors will fly no matter what, but at least people could disseminate the info and possibly help not hinder the investigation.

I do however have to agree with BB in that, not everyone feels comfortable around the police -- for whatever reason it may be. His intentions are good IMO but, his execution was not. Evidentially, LE let him know just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing
icon7.gif

Personally, the fact LE said he committed a crime is enough for me. Whether his intentions were good is irrelevant. Interfering in an active LE investigation could cause more harm than good, I respect there are lines which cannot be crossed.
I understand. I do not have the same respect for all LE or the way they perform their investigations that some people do due to my own experiences. I don't trust much of anyone until they prove to me they deserve it, LE included (Google Craig Peyer for one-I have lots more) But I do understand that other people do not share my experiences and opinions.

I'm skeptical that SM has an attorney. He would have likely given the reporter his name & contact info or a business card, imo..

IMO; the people who have made this case into a circus and whose actions might have hurt the case are the ones who are supposedly for justice for Heather. Good job...

And I guess HE's family could counter sue for the defamation of her character posted publicly for the world to see . (name calling, accusations, etc.)

The lynch mob has already decided that they are guilty. Someone could be arrested for Heather's disappearance, and they would still think they were involved. Even if they were cleared, people would say it's a strategy by LE so they think they aren't being focused on. It will take a lot at this point for people to realize that no, the Moorers aren't guilty. I doubt they would even get an apology, but hopefully, they'll get a settlement.

Lynch mob is right.

Those people need to step back and let LE do their job.

Don't they understand that the lynch mob mentality is severely affecting the ability of LE to find Heather? As far as I am concerned, they should be ashamed of themselves. STOP now. It doesn't do any good at all.

JMO

I'm skeptical that SM has an attorney. He would have likely given the reporter his name & contact info or a business card, imo..

I dunno. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the chandelier. He looked like he was too busy thinking of all the things he wasn't supposed to say to have any spare cycles left over to think of something smart like that.

And I guess HE's family could counter sue for the defamation of her character posted publicly for the world to see . (name calling, accusations, etc.)

Trolls saying rude things about victims happens to every case. I don't think it counts as libel. For one thing, you have to prove that the words had a detrimental effect such as losing your job, reputation, etc...Not sure how you would prove that when it's about a missing person. So I don't see how they are comparable.

I do wonder if the perp is following this debacle on his computer and getting great amusement out of it.

I have seen this so many times on stupid facebook I could scream.

Not only that, but, don't people realize that a girl is MISSING and could very well be MURDERED and this is not a flipping game?

If you are on facebook and spewing things about people, and your facebook profile is open, and your own personal information can easily be found out, WHY would you do that?

Haven't we seen enough to know that people are nuts?

-end of rant-

You can't. You can't say, "I had nothing to do with her disappearance and I hope the family gets answers soon. I'm not allowed to say anything further." Why not? How could saying that hurt his case if he were ever charged in court?

Edit: words
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing
icon7.gif

Personally, the fact LE said he committed a crime is enough for me. Whether his intentions were good is irrelevant. Interfering in an active LE investigation could cause more harm than good, I respect there are lines which cannot be crossed.

LE is not always right all the time.

IMO, they wanted to make a statement and did just that.

But, I guess that will come out in BB's hearing (if the charges are not dropped).

"Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law", right?

I see your point, but I would have pretty much the opposite reaction. I would figure nobody would believe me anyway, and the only thing I could really do would be to keep quiet and go on living my life.

Especially if that was my lawyer's advice.

He's got nothing to gain by saying anything.
Just jumping off your post. He might very well have something to gain by saying anything. Way back in the old days there was the Danielle Van Dam case. Despite the fact that divulging some of the details of their not quite conventional lives would be frowned upon by many, the parents of Danielle Van Dam laid everything out on the table. There were a few that thought her father had something to do with it, but he kept saying he had nothing to do with her disappearance (which he didn't). When you have laid your life bare, tell LE to check everything, give them anything and everything they want, people tend to believe you. When you hide, avoid the truth, try to pretend like anything you did that might not have been conventional either did not happen or was OK, people tend to think you have something to hide. JMO.

Seriously, if a person that was suspected by many came forward and said :"I had a relationship with X from this date to that date. It was not my proudest moment and it hurt people I cared about. There were communications between myself and person X on this date because "insert reason here". I had nothing to do with this person's disappearance. " that would sway some people. When you hide nothing, people think you have nothing to hide. JMO.

Just jumping off your post. He might very well have something to gain by saying anything. Way back in the old days there was the Danielle Van Dam case. Despite the fact that divulging some of the details of their not quite conventional lives would be frowned upon by many, the parents of Danielle Van Dam laid everything out on the table. There were a few that thought her father had something to do with it, but he kept saying he had nothing to do with her disappearance (which he didn't). When you have laid your life bare, tell LE to check everything, give them anything and everything they want, people tend to believe you. When you hide, avoid the truth, try to pretend like anything you did that might not have been conventional either did not happen or was OK, people tend to think you have something to hide. JMO.

Seriously, if a person that was suspected by many came forward and said :"I had a relationship with X from this date to that date. It was not my proudest moment and it hurt people I cared about. There were communications between myself and person X on this date because "insert reason here". I had nothing to do with this person's disappearance. " that would sway some people. When you hide nothing, people think you have nothing to hide. JMO.

I really don't think that would make a difference. It's not that easy to get the mob to back off. It might sway the rational people, but the ones who are in an uproar, I don't think it will work.

Also, I read comments about Danielle's case back in 2012 for the 10th anniversary on local news articles. There were so many that still blame her parents for what happened. Not that they think they are guilty, but that their lifestyle put her at risk. So even 10 years later, with someone on Death Row, there are plenty of people who still haven't "forgiven" them, surprisingly. Same with Alanna Gallagher. Her neighbor was arrested for her murder, and people still bring up her parents' unconventional relationship. Once people decided that they don't like you, it won't change if they think you're innocent.

I have never believed that LE released the police report and after watching this, I believe even more that they are not the ones who released it. [modsnip]

I totally agree. Although I didn't see the WMBF report tonight, I had a feeling I wouldn't be missing anything.

I have never believed that the police released the report, either. Not in this case.

If the police had released it, I don't believe for a second that they wouldn't have redacted the names and telephone numbers of some of the individuals listed. Redacted police reports don't look like this and I have seen a few.

Someone had an agenda and released it to further that agenda. It has seemed to me for some time that their agenda is backfiring, but that hasn't deterred them. I also believe that whoever released the report knew that any program, including WordPad, could un-redact it.

IMO, Social Media is only a tool. It's only as good or bad as the page administrators allow it to be. It is not "social media" that has damaged this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate