Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
threat-level-celldata-chart.gif
Big version. :)

For the people who believe Heather's disappearance was pre-planned, how far in advance do you think the abductor planned? How in-depth do you believe the planning to have been? I'm not sure what I think yet. Interested in hearing everyone's theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, not sure - IMO- it was very well-planned( a perfect crime???) seems like it would take quite some planning on paper to cover all the bases and carry out a plan to make someone disappear with no trail left. However, if a person disappeared w/o anyone knowing who they last spoke to or were with(ex. a person lived alone, was a loner , etc) no recent phone contacts, no encounters with anyone)there seems it would be more likely that it could be pulled off as the perfect crime . IMO, before this is over, something is going to unravel because there are circumstances that can with enough diligence be linked to the truth ! JMO- I would love to hear any day that Heather has come walking into her parent's house and all would be well from then on out.,, but in reality, I'm afraid it's not going to end with such a happy ending. I do not think the suicide theory is going to be the cause.

As much as I dislike to over-speculate or come up with outlandish scenarios about what happened to HE or where she is, I watched an episode of "Solved" the other night entitled, Bully which got me to thinking about a possible place to look for HE.

The episode was about the disappearance and murder of then, 14-year-old Tristan Jensen in Redlands, CA in August of 1998. His skeletal remains were found by some city workers clearing a sewer which feuled the investigation – resulting in the capture of his killer; 15-year-old "bully", J.P. Remsen that lived only a few blocks away.

It was surprising to the Investigators and myself as well that, due to the amount of gases emitted in the sewer system, Tristen's body was reduced to bones and disarticulated in a matter of a short 7 weeks time! If the clog in the sewer system wasn't discovered by workers, then what's to say that his bones wouldn't have dissolved completely and his remains would have never been found?

Here in South Carolina, there is not a lot of infrastructure in terms of drainage and underground water/sewer systems compared to most metropolitan areas. There are lot of rural areas with single family homes and mobile homes that are not connected to any city or county system. Therefor, homes use their own septic tanks for waste and "ditches" for rain water run-off. I got a septic myself and a big mote out front of my house that looks more like a small pond now from all the rain we just had!

Since we are all pretty much in the dark about search areas LE and CUE have covered, I wouldn't doubt that septic tanks have been overlooked completely, IMOO. I'd start with all of the foreclosed and abandoned properties first.

I know we also just started talking about land fills as well but, I would seriously consider searching septic tanks as they would be a very opportunistic place to hide someone or something you don't want to be found, IMO.

On another note: septic tanks around these parts are often referred to as "honey pots". Don't ask why! :ohdear:

Redland Daily Facts - NEWS - Murder Revisited

Solved:Bully - Full Episode on YouTube

Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority - Service Area

Septic tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't find Peter Thomas post about checking septics.

I followed a case on WS where the murderers did indeed put their victim, Summer Inman, down the church septic tank after they killed her. Absolutely horrible.

Abandoned wells would be another place to look.

Where is Heather? So depressing.

This one I can help with since it's in the same thread :D (And I do want to ask why they call them honey pots :))

Don't know if this has ever been mentioned here, but a case that happened in my area a couple years ago where a guy killed his girlfriend- she was found in an old well on the property that his family (if I remember correctly) owned or had previously owned.

For the people who believe Heather's disappearance was pre-planned, how far in advance do you think the abductor planned? How in-depth do you believe the planning to have been? I'm not sure what I think yet. Interested in hearing everyone's theories.

I think someone who is organized, manipulative, angry, jealous, possesive and controlling could of been planned this in less than a week. Espeacially, if this person happened to discover texts from Heather on her husband's phone. Texts that mentioned BW was going out of town on the 17th.. knew Heather did not have to work till Friday. Or if Heather had a stalker, perhaps someone at work , knew BW was going out of town and Heather was off work a couple days.. I believe either of those individuals could of entertained the idea of making Heather disappear for months so the " how " would not need as much planning as the timing. JMO

Quote:
<snip>

Imo, the method of body disposal and location would depend on whether a crime was pre-planned or an impulsive act. Imo, HE's disappearance was pre-planned..

Snipped by me to address this part.

I hear what you are saying here but what if a body was initially disposed of one way because it wasn't thought out, maybe an accident of some sort, then the perp(s) realize they have more time because it is now nightfall on the 18th and somebody's car is still at the landing. Now the perp(s) has had time to think through everything.
What if then they decide to go back and re-do the disposal.
In that case it will appear the event was planned but really time just fell into someone's hands.

Just my thoughts because every scenerio I come up with is an unplanned event and I feel like with an unplanned event Heather would have been found already so I've considered the above.

I think someone who is organized, manipulative, angry, jealous, possesive and controlling could of been planned this in less than a week. Espeacially, if this person happened to discover texts from Heather on her husband's phone. Texts that mentioned BW was going out of town on the 17th.. knew Heather did not have to work till Friday. Or if Heather had a stalker, perhaps someone at work , knew BW was going out of town and Heather was off work a couple days.. I believe either of those individuals could of entertained the idea of making Heather disappear for months so the " how " would not need as much planning as the timing. JMO

Good point about the possibility of discovering texts- that in itself could have a lot of info( past, present, and future plans) schedules ,etc

Somewhere it was said that the car was found 10 minutes (or 10 miles?) from a place where Heather was known to hang out. Hang out? That could be anywhere. Are they maybe referring to where she and OMM would go to be alone. Did she meet him at PTL and then they went to this other usual place. I did notice that PTL isn't really a half-way point between Heather's home and his home.

What is 10 miles or 10 minutes from there? I'll have to find the article to nail down which 10 it was.

(Sorry - just getting home from my night job and catching up).
I don't know yet what is 10 miles away but I do know what is 5 miles away. If you look at a map of Horry County, you will see that PTL is almost exactly 5 miles from a certain person's home. Taking Mill Pond Road, that trip can be made in short order - less than 10 minutes (I've done it). Starting at that certain person's home and traveling north about 5 miles, you'll find Jackson Bluff Road and a desolate area near a water processing plant and a wildlife refuge. I've seen folks at the refuge but the water plant is pretty far from people. The area is populate with an apartment complex at the entrance but it quickly becomes a dirt road. All MOO except what isn't.

Hmm, not sure - IMO- it was very well-planned( a perfect crime???) seems like it would take quite some planning on paper to cover all the bases and carry out a plan to make someone disappear with no trail left. However, if a person disappeared w/o anyone knowing who they last spoke to or were with(ex. a person lived alone, was a loner , etc) no recent phone contacts, no encounters with anyone)there seems it would be more likely that it could be pulled off as the perfect crime . IMO, before this is over, something is going to unravel because there are circumstances that can with enough diligence be linked to the truth ! JMO- I would love to hear any day that Heather has come walking into her parent's house and all would be well from then on out.,, but in reality, I'm afraid it's not going to end with such a happy ending. I do not think the suicide theory is going to be the cause.

If this was pre planned (I'm not yet convinced),imo, there had to be deep hatred towards her either personally or towards the persona someone might portray her to be (her relationship(s) with a married man, *advertiser censored*,etc. )

I don't know yet what is 10 miles away but I do know what is 5 miles away. If you look at a map of Horry County, you will see that PTL is almost exactly 5 miles from a certain person's home. Taking Mill Pond Road, that trip can be made in short order - less than 10 minutes (I've done it). Starting at that certain person's home and traveling north about 5 miles, you'll find Jackson Bluff Road and a desolate area near a water processing plant and a wildlife refuge. I've see folks at the refuge but the water plant is pretty far from people. The area is populate with an apartment complex at the entrance but it quickly becomes a dirt road. All MOO except what isn't.

Sounds like a good place for a search !!! Wish I lived close enough to help with searches. I do believe some of us on here with various ideas and inquiring minds could amount to a fairly productive search crew ,

I want to ramble for a few minutes. I'm all over the place with what I think from any given moment. I have thoughts that pass as I read posts so this may not be able to be zipped into anything coherent, just my own observations and opinions.

1) I feel if HE did take her phone, purse and keys then not only does that say she intended on returning but also that speaks to her frame of mind. Alert enough to do a routine inventory. When I'm emotional, upset or my thoughts are many, I tend to be most forgetful.

2) I dont know if we've clarified the license on the seat yet, but maybe that was a safety thing too. Maybe HE felt some concern and wanted her car identified in case she was separated from it against her will. Maybe she was advised to gather her belongings and tossed that in the seat as a desperate clue.

3) if two perps were working together, I suppose turning off their own phone and using HE's phone to communicate with each other up to a point would create the sort of call history you may later rely on.

4) the septic tank/well scenario seems very, very possible. [modsnip]

5) [modsnip]

This one I can help with since it's in the same thread :D (And I do want to ask why they call them honey pots :))

I ignored the first time the honey pot question was asked. Here is a hint as to why they call them honey pots.

While stationed in Germany serving in the military, my family joined me & we rented a farmhouse off post. The farmers used human excrement/manure for fertilizing their crops. The fertilizer was delivered in a 'honeywagon'. The name is thought to relate to the 'honey-colored' liquid that trails behind it...

Honeywagon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imo, if a body disposal location was considered, it is unlikely that a perp/s would choose a location near their residence that would possibly implicate them in a K9 search. The PTL vehicle location was selected for intentional
deflection, imo.
Most septic tank covers are concrete(w/hooks), very heavy, and usually located under a foot or more of dirt.
Imo, abandoned wells, houses, lakes/ponds, and desolate forested areas would likely be a preferred disposal site depending on the window of time...

Imo, if a body disposal location was considered, it is unlikely that a perp/s would choose a location near their residence that would possibly implicate them in a K9 search. The PTL vehicle location was selected for intentional
deflection, imo.
Most septic tank covers are concrete(w/hooks), very heavy, and usually located under a foot or more of dirt.
Imo, abandoned wells, houses, lakes/ponds, and desolate forested areas would likely be a preferred disposal site depending on the window of time...

We have two septic tanks on our property, both with their cement covers under around a foot or less of dirt. We have to dig them up to have the septics emptied from time to time. It's really not that much trouble to dig them up and pry the lids off and over. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

Playing catch up on the thread so I'm trying to figure out how the term "honeypot" is playing into all this.

It's a real term in Computer Science. With all of the talk about pings, and last known online activity (for HE at minimum) I am not sure how much this means, but I feel it may be pertinent....

(Snip)
In computer terminology, a honeypot is a trap set to detect, deflect, or, in some manner, counteract attempts at unauthorized use of information systems. Generally, a honeypot consists of a computer, data, or a network site that appears to be part of a network, but is actually isolated and monitored, and which seems to contain information or a resource of value to attackers. *****This is similar to the police baiting a criminal and then conducting undercover surveillance.*****

(**** by me for emphasis as I can't bold on Tapatalk :blushing: ****)

Much more@link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot_(computing)

ETA: What Is a Honeypot?
Via:
http://www.sans.org/security-resources/idfaq/honeypot3.php

& I didn't realize y'all were talking septic tanks. :blushing: I am taking my board exams on Saturday, so forgive me for seeing computer science in everything. I am WAYYYYY O/T :facepalm:

Ha! I referred to this in a previous post, and put a link to it. Then Kimi_SFC was kind enough to repost it. I still haven't learned how to pull a quote from a previous thread (and just spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out again to no avail) so I'm back to posting the link. I'm sure Kimi will come back and furnish it properly again! :D

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

hyra8ebu.jpg

:D :highfive: :seeya:

I don't know yet what is 10 miles away but I do know what is 5 miles away. If you look at a map of Horry County, you will see that PTL is almost exactly 5 miles from a certain person's home. Taking Mill Pond Road, that trip can be made in short order - less than 10 minutes (I've done it). Starting at that certain person's home and traveling north about 5 miles, you'll find Jackson Bluff Road and a desolate area near a water processing plant and a wildlife refuge. I've seen folks at the refuge but the water plant is pretty far from people. The area is populate with an apartment complex at the entrance but it quickly becomes a dirt road. All MOO except what isn't.

I used to work at that apartment complex. We would take golf carts down that dirt road and feed the gators in the large pond at the end.

& I didn't realize y'all were talking septic tanks. :blushing: I am taking my board exams on Saturday, so forgive me for seeing computer science in everything. I am WAYYYYY O/T :facepalm:

OMG I'm dying :floorlaugh:

Good luck on the exams!

BBM

Just far enough to figure out (1) how and when to lure HE to a location where she could be abducted, (2) how to kill her, (3) where to kill her, (4) how and where to dispose of her body and (5) how to set up their alibi. It probably wouldn't take a whole lot of planning. My guess would be a maximum of one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025