SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the whole town was looking at my significant other as the number 1 suspect in a crime why would I go on the offensive?
Could it be that a third party at my request did the dirty deed and therefore I can project confidence in my partner and me? A "my hands are clean" attitude! just thinking out loud here...

Been there, thought that very thought (2 days ago)

If the whole town was looking at my significant other as the number 1 suspect in a crime why would I go on the offensive?
Could it be that a third party at my request did the dirty deed and therefore I can project confidence in my partner and me? A "my hands are clean" attitude! just thinking out loud here...

This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Been thinking lately of the few times in my life where I had a long term relationship and got into a heated verbal "discussion" of the type that I really thought is was finally over for good.

When in that situation the other person feels the same way as far as thinking this could be really over this time. So when both people feel that way each person begins to think of what they will do next if they had to. These 2 things can be very different.

1 person maybe thinking its about time this is over and i am relieved and can definitely move on. The other person maybe thinking there is no way i really want this to end and i am going to do everything possible to not let that happen.

The desparation and despair i remember feeling is pretty awful.

In so many ways, I feel that the HE disappearance is synonymous with the tragic murder of TN nursing student Megan Sharpton. Keep watching the video link for the continuing tragic story;

WINCHESTER, Tn. (WHNT)–Megan Sharpton’s mother is pleading for help from Franklin County, Tennessee District Attorney Mike Taylor. She wants the man she believes is responsible for her daughter’s death behind bars.
http://whnt.com/2012/09/11/megan-sharpton-murder-update-arrests-may-be-near/

Murder Victim's Family Fears For Safety
Posted: Sep 11, 2012

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19518618/murder-victims-family-fears-for-safety

Watching Heathers case unfold, I've said it almost since the beginning...even though 'circumstances' are different....the after is what is so damn similar as Megans.
A family being taunted , a community being terrified and no arrests.

Mr Elvis needs to stay loud.

And I agree with PeterThomasFan....search septic tanks, search abandoned properties, and under construction houses.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

If HE did drive off with someone else, wouldn't her phone ping off nearby towers. I don't know why that info wouldn't be released. And, the police dogs not being able to track her from her own car bothers me, too.(I'm sure I read this in an article early on in the search).
I have another thought that keeps lingering in the back of my mind. I hate to be negative (I pray HE is found safe), but each time I see a missing person case I think of little Somer Thompson from FL. The police in that case, noticing waste pickup that day, "on a hunch" followed garbage trucks to the landfill. I read an article which stated they dug through, "225 tons of garbage" before they found her. They found ST 2 days after she was reported missing. What always stayed with me was that police said if they had not followed that hunch, they would have never found her.
I am not certain of all the collection days in MB, but we have a home there and our pickup day is Thursday (HE went missing on Wed., Dec., 18). I'm just wondering if this scenario has been considered. It's an awful thought I know, but still a possibility. HE has been missing over 45 days now. It's heartbreaking.

I hadn't thought about the dump sites. I'm wondering if they have video surveillance and if LE has checked those.

I thought about the phone pings. HE's phone would ping. But if whoever was driving had their phone off they could eliminate having theirs pinging in the same area.

The use of dogs was mentioned early on in the media, but I have not been able to find anything in the media that said whether the dogs picked up a scent or not. That would be a factor.

But with no visible sign of a struggle near the car or in the car, that makes me think either (1) HE left willing from PTL with someone she trusted or (2) something happened so quickly HE did not have time to react and therefore no sign of a struggle. If it was the 2nd one, whoever did it had the presence of mind to pick up HE's purse and keys then lock the car. Also, if it was the 2nd scenario, the perp would have to move HE in their vehicle. In the 2nd scenario the phone pings might have stopped at PTL. But to be able to approach someone you knew trusted you and act that quickly and decisively just seems really cold to me. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it just seems cold and lacking any emotion on the part of a person.

I still lean toward HE leaving willing (no evidence left at PTL) and on to another location (maybe no evidence left in perp's vehicle). Someone else on here thought that when they find HE they will find the crime scene there or nearby. I tend to agree with one exception: I don't know how the phone pings would fit into HE leaving willing to another location. They would continue beyond PTL.

I'd really like to find out HE is alive somewhere all this time. But with the passage of time I believe that is less and less likely.

I'm no expert, but I don't think suicide victims go to such great lengths to hide their own bodies. JMO

Leanne B. was found today..LE seems to be hinting a suicide. She was not found for a month and apparently was hidden...we do not have details yet. But I do not feel like Heather is a suicide victim.

Of course, I hadn't even gone there, with Leanne, if true. So who knows.

I hadn't thought about the dump sites. I'm wondering if they have video surveillance and if LE has checked those.

I thought about the phone pings. HE's phone would ping. But if whoever was driving had their phone off they could eliminate having theirs pinging in the same area.

The use of dogs was mentioned early on in the media, but I have not been able to find anything in the media that said whether the dogs picked up a scent or not. That would be a factor.

But with no visible sign of a struggle near the car or in the car, that makes me think either (1) HE left willing from PTL with someone she trusted or (2) something happened so quickly HE did not have time to react and therefore no sign of a struggle. If it was the 2nd one, whoever did it had the presence of mind to pick up HE's purse and keys then lock the car. Also, if it was the 2nd scenario, the perp would have to move HE in their vehicle. In the 2nd scenario the phone pings might have stopped at PTL. But to be able to approach someone you knew trusted you and act that quickly and decisively just seems really cold to me. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it just seems cold and lacking any emotion on the part of a person.

I still lean toward HE leaving willing (no evidence left at PTL) and on to another location (maybe no evidence left in perp's vehicle). Someone else on here thought that when they find HE they will find the crime scene there or nearby. I tend to agree with one exception: I don't know how the phone pings would fit into HE leaving willing to another location. They would continue beyond PTL.

I'd really like to find out HE is alive somewhere all this time. But with the passage of time I believe that is less and less likely.

Good points. I struggle with that too unless LE is aware of some pings somewhere else that we are not aware of. If we go with the assumption that there are no more pings past the landing area and those were the last pings then it means two things to me.

The first is if the perp attacked her somewhere else and made the phone ping themselves at the landing when dropping off her car.

The second is if HE entered someone elses at the landing and then was attacked there at the landing but in the other vehicle or boat or RV or camper.

Leanne B. was found today..LE seems to be hinting a suicide. She was not found for a month and apparently was hidden...we do not have details yet. But I do not feel like Heather is a suicide victim.

Of course, I hadn't even gone there, with Leanne, if true. So who knows.

Personally, I don't understand how a body could just be lying above the ground for weeks or months( especially in the south) without someone detecting an odor or vulchers circling around. Even in the winter , there can be some fairly warm days- just thinking...

Personally, I don't understand how a body could just be lying above the ground for weeks or months( especially in the south) without someone detecting an odor or vulchers circling around. Even in the winter , there can be some fairly warm days- just thinking...

Warning if people get grossed out easily, then please skip this post.

From personal experience with knowing where a decaying animal carcass was I was surprised at how relatively close you have to be in order to really pickup the odor. And it varies a lot depending on many factors.

When it hits its peak the odor can travel further of course. But the wind or lack of wind can really make it difficult to pick up an odor. And the time of the odor peaking out can be a relatively short period of time due to other animals eating the remains.

Animals like possums, skunks, racoons are great at removing the parts that cause the most odor. During deer season, I saw a huge gut pile of a deer be totally gone by the next day.

Speaking as someone HE's age who has been clinically depressed & suicidal, I am 99% sure HE DIDN'T end her life willingly. I've spent hours looking over her tweets/tumblr posts/etc, and they seem to be those of the average young adult/teen. She reminds me a lot of my sister, actually.
The signs weren't there. She had plans for her future, a new apartment, & a date hours before! It doesn't add up. IMO, the chances of a suicidal person doing all of the above is very unlikely.

Her phone must have been pinging until six, if it was in use per LE. Can't use a phone unless it pings on a tower. So the battery was removed after six, or phone was broken, or turned off. But...if last call was at 3:41 as TE insists, all activity (text?) after that could have been anyone.

For me, the one way LE could be fairly confident she drove herself to the landing is if maybe she told BW she was heading there.

My theory remains the same.
IMO, HE went to meet up with OM at their usual spot (PTL ?). Once there, she parked, and got out to go into the other car to talk (very common think to do, especially among young people). Once in there, something happened.. I believe OM was followed by someone know to him or someone close to him & then all hell broke loose. JMO

Warning if people get grossed out easily, then please skip this post.

From personal experience with knowing where a decaying animal carcass was I was surprised at how relatively close you have to be in order to really pickup the odor. And it varies a lot depending on many factors.

When it hits its peak the odor can travel further of course. But the wind or lack of wind can really make it difficult to pick up an odor. And the time of the odor peaking out can be a relatively short period of time due to other animals eating the remains.

Animals like possums, skunks, racoons are great at removing the parts that cause the most odor. During deer season, I saw a huge gut pile of a deer be totally gone by the next day.

Thankfully, I have not had the misfortune of finding human remains but I know people who have and i have been told it is a very distinct odor and once you have witnessed it, you will never forget it. Animals left by the roads smell bad enough, however, it has been told to me that it cannot even be compared to human remains. Maybe someone here has had the misfortune of the experience.

Thankfully, I have not had the misfortune of finding human remains but I know people who have and i have been told it is a very distinct odor and once you have witnessed it, you will never forget it. Animals left by the roads smell bad enough, however, it has been told to me that it cannot even be compared to human remains. Maybe someone here has had the misfortune of the experience.

Im glad I have never smelled human remains either and hope to never have to. :)

JMO
It no doubt has a very unique and unpleasant strong odor but IMO I dont think it would necessarily be any "stronger" than say a dead cow in a field after its stomach area has been opened by animals and left to rot. I am sure it is very unique though and it is probably so unique that you cant mistaken it for another type of dead animal.

I could be wrong about the "strongness" and its actually a really interesting question that I would like to know about too.

Her phone must have been pinging until six, if it was in use per LE. Can't use a phone unless it pings on a tower. So the battery was removed after six, or phone was broken, or turned off. But...if last call was at 3:41 as TE insists, all activity (text?) after that could have been anyone.

For me, the one way LE could be fairly confident she drove herself to the landing is if maybe she told BW she was heading there.
I'm not so sure TE insists that the last call was at 3:41 anymore. I'm wondering if that was reporter misquote since the WMBF interview where TE said that there was a lot of activity between the time HE got home and 3:41. During that interview, he did not say that 3:41 was the last call. It just makes me question media reporting.

My theory remains the same.
IMO, HE went to meet up with OM at their usual spot (PTL ?). Once there, she parked, and got out to go into the other car to talk (very common think to do, especially among young people). Once in there, something happened.. I believe OM was followed by someone know to him or someone close to him & then all hell broke loose. JMO

I am leaning that way. I read a couple weeks ago there is a smart phone app that you can secretly track your bf, spouse or kids.

Speaking as someone HE's age who has been clinically depressed & suicidal, I am 99% sure HE DIDN'T end her life willingly. I've spent hours looking over her tweets/tumblr posts/etc, and they seem to be those of the average young adult/teen. She reminds me a lot of my sister, actually.
The signs weren't there. She had plans for her future, a new apartment, & a date hours before! It doesn't add up. IMO, the chances of a suicidal person doing all of the above is very unlikely.

I'm very sorry for what you've gone through and wanted to thank you for your post. Your perspective is important and appreciated.

Question: If one is engaged in a conversation that spans the coverage of two cell towers ,does the call transfer from one to the other? If so then one can conclude the same person can be followed from point A to point B by the pings in the towers,right?

I'm very sorry for what you've gone through and wanted to thank you for your post. Your perspective is important and appreciated.

I too am sorry and really glad you've overcome it. I too have been treated for clinical depression since I was in my late 20's- one has to have been there to relate to it. And Motherof5, obviously we don't know each other, but I can just tell you are a warm and caring person- glad to know you on here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14