SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: If one is engaged in a conversation that spans the coverage of two cell towers ,does the call transfer from one to the other? If so then one can conclude the same person can be followed from point A to point B by the pings in the towers,right?

Good question !!! I am still puzzled that LE hasn't narrowed down to more specifics of where HE and the person she was corresponding with were located at the time of phone usage .

In so many ways, I feel that the HE disappearance is synonymous with the tragic murder of TN nursing student Megan Sharpton. Keep watching the video link for the continuing tragic story;

WINCHESTER, Tn. (WHNT)–Megan Sharpton’s mother is pleading for help from Franklin County, Tennessee District Attorney Mike Taylor. She wants the man she believes is responsible for her daughter’s death behind bars.
http://whnt.com/2012/09/11/megan-sharpton-murder-update-arrests-may-be-near/

Murder Victim's Family Fears For Safety
Posted: Sep 11, 2012

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19518618/murder-victims-family-fears-for-safety
O/T ARRRGGHHHH! From the to link: “Taylor has to prosecute this case and we fully understand he has to be careful to be able to carry this all the way through without a shadow of a doubt,” Fuller explained.

It's REASONABLE doubt, not shadow of a doubt. This drives me nuts....this is what is why so many Prosecutors sit on their hands...IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
Warning if people get grossed out easily, then please skip this post.

From personal experience with knowing where a decaying animal carcass was I was surprised at how relatively close you have to be in order to really pickup the odor. And it varies a lot depending on many factors.

When it hits its peak the odor can travel further of course. But the wind or lack of wind can really make it difficult to pick up an odor. And the time of the odor peaking out can be a relatively short period of time due to other animals eating the remains.

Animals like possums, skunks, racoons are great at removing the parts that cause the most odor. During deer season, I saw a huge gut pile of a deer be totally gone by the next day

Thankfully, I have not had the misfortune of finding human remains but I know people who have and i have been told it is a very distinct odor and once you have witnessed it, you will never forget it. Animals left by the roads smell bad enough, however, it has been told to me that it cannot even be compared to human remains. Maybe someone here has had the misfortune of the experience.

As an Atlanta firefighter for decades, I have witnessed human remains in many conditions, environments(outdoors/enclosed), and from various CODs. In structure fires, you can determine fire deaths upon arrival due to the stench of the smoke. As a hunter, also for decades, the odor of a decaying animal, can be distinguished from human in most cases.
Lime and other neutralizing agents can be used to minimize odors by decaying remains. SK Israel Keyes, used Drano to expedite the decaying process and minimize odor..SK Gary Hilton, poured bleach on one of his many victims in an attempt to destroy forensics.
Imo, the method of body disposal and location would depend on whether a crime was pre-planned or an impulsive act. Imo, HE's disappearance was pre-planned..

From what I have seen, it depends on the circumstantial evidence LE has and the LE area itself. Some LEAs are more willing to go out on a limb than others. I still have a hard time with them not pressing charges before the confession on the above case, though. JMO.

Thank you for that information. That makes me think that disposal could be pretty easy in one of the landfills. I won't go into the details of why I think it would be easy, but I can think of several scenarios.

There must have been something yesterday, because I got those same thoughts after I made a post yesterday. Suddenly I saw things a little differently.

I would think they would at least get a hit outside the car. I guess we don't know if there was any hit outside her car or not.

It's a thought if she just jumped into the river, but why take your keys, purse, etc. That's not common. If those had been left in the car, I'd be thinking river. She also had a condo to herself, which would be a more likely place to find her.

Did we ever get confirmation of that? I keep hearing that, I and don't disbelieve it, but I'd sure like to know where exactly that is located. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

You can go to horrycounty.org and online services, use the GIS application to search elvis and you will find it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe LE has all the ping info? I.e even if it led back to SM's neighborhood, he would just say she stalked him, IMO.

Im glad I have never smelled human remains either and hope to never have to. :)

JMO
It no doubt has a very unique and unpleasant strong odor but IMO I dont think it would necessarily be any "stronger" than say a dead cow in a field after its stomach area has been opened by animals and left to rot. I am sure it is very unique though and it is probably so unique that you cant mistaken it for another type of dead animal.

I could be wrong about the "strongness" and its actually a really interesting question that I would like to know about too.

Human remains are much stronger than any animal, I had to tag a body found in an apt 6 days after last being seen. I happened to be charge nurse in the ER that day...it was comparable to a freezer of meat and seafood that was turned off for a few weks and then you open it...

Maybe LE has all the ping info? I.e even if it led back to SM's neighborhood, he would just say she stalked him, IMO.

Maybe they don't have all the Ping info and that is why they have been so tight lipped? Does anyone remember the chart that showed what was saved by each cell provider and for how long? How long does t-mobile keep ping info?
Le kept saying cell info wasn't something they got, but that it was given to them (I'm guessing they meant because TE gave it to them). I hope that they still subpoenaed the full phone records right away before t-mobile deleted them. I hope they weren't lax about it because TE gave them enough info to get started with :(

Maybe they don't have all the Ping info and that is why they have been so tight lipped? Does anyone remember the chart that showed what was saved by each cell provider and for how long? How long does t-mobile keep ping info?
Le kept saying cell info wasn't something they got, but that it was given to them (I'm guessing they meant because TE gave it to them). I hope that they still subpoenaed the full phone records right away before t-mobile deleted them. I hope they weren't lax about it because TE gave them enough info to get started with :(

No way would they use the bill from TE...IMO.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24720373/horry-county-police-investigate-suspicious-device. Maybe o/t but in our area. Hwy 544 hcpd just destroyed the device

Doesn't look like there's anything on the daily bookings page even though the article says someone was taken into custody today. Does that mean potentially high profile cases are kept off the bookings log on purpose, or that it's sometimes updated on a delay? I don't think it's related to HE's case but knowing the format of the daily bookings site could be useful for that eventually.

Doesn't look like there's anything on the daily bookings page even though the article says someone was taken into custody today. Does that mean potentially high profile cases are kept off the bookings log on purpose, or that it's sometimes updated on a delay? I don't think it's related to HE's case but knowing the format of the daily bookings site could be useful for that eventually.

This literally just happened here. Person won't be listed until log is updated next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

As an Atlanta firefighter for decades, I have witnessed human remains in many conditions, environments(outdoors/enclosed), and from various CODs. In structure fires, you can determine fire deaths upon arrival due to the stench of the smoke. As a hunter, also for decades, the odor of a decaying animal, can be distinguished from human in most cases.
Lime and other neutralizing agents can be used to minimize odors by decaying remains. SK Israel Keyes, used Drano to expedite the decaying process and minimize odor..SK Gary Hilton, poured bleach on one of his many victims in an attempt to destroy forensics.
Imo, the method of body disposal and location would depend on whether a crime was pre-planned or an impulsive act. Imo, HE's disappearance was pre-planned..

I believe it was pre-planned also-

I believe it was per-planned also-

For the people who believe Heather's disappearance was pre-planned, how far in advance do you think the abductor planned? How in-depth do you believe the planning to have been? I'm not sure what I think yet. Interested in hearing everyone's theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, tho I'm wondering if the content of texts if they were used can be determined? I believe it was discussed on here early on that the content of texts can be gotten from the cell service provider with a warrant- then there's need for probable cause to obtain one - SEEMS TO ME IF A PERSON GOES MISSING AND IT IS KNOWN WHO THE LAST PERSON WAS WHO THEY TALKED TO OR TEXTED WITH, that there would be "probable cause". Maybe I have watched too many crime shows-just can't believe that the search for a person who's disappeared could have so much red-tape/ loopholes that it could go unsolved .

Thank you- subpoenaed is the word that eluded me ...

Ha! I referred to this in a previous post, and put a link to it. Then Kimi_SFC was kind enough to repost it. I still haven't learned how to pull a quote from a previous thread (and just spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out again to no avail) so I'm back to posting the link. I'm sure Kimi will come back and furnish it properly again! :D

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

I can't find Peter Thomas post about checking septics.

I followed a case on WS where the murderers did indeed put their victim, Summer Inman, down the church septic tank after they killed her. Absolutely horrible.

Abandoned wells would be another place to look.

Where is Heather? So depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member