SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myrtle Beach/Horry Co., SC has a silent Epidemic of unsolved missing/murdered persons cases, yet their priorities are misplaced, imo.. First they arrest 2 concerned citizens for lending a helping hand to the parents of a missing child; Heather Elvis, and now this;

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24766954/...-after-spanking-child-with-switch-report-says

Myrtle Beach man arrested after spanking child with "switch," report says
Posted: Feb 19, 2014

Sounds to me like it was more than a spanking...the child had welts and couldn't sit down. Not his first arrest...history of abuse...hope they keep him in prison this time and more importantly away from children.

Sounds to me like it was more than a spanking...the child had welts and couldn't sit down. Not his first arrest...history of abuse...hope they keep him in prison this time and more importantly away from children.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the article. I hope they keep him in prison this time too!

If the shooting happened, and "If" here is stressed by me, I wonder who considering 2/6 was the evening of the Boathouse event for Heather and all the family, friends, and most supporters were at this event. So the "white truck" they are implying is the same type of vehicle they described in an earlier police report of trespassing which seemed to imply TE or BB. But TE and BB were both at the Boathouse event on 2/6.

That info is exactly correct, and if anyone was interested, there was another fundraiser on the 7th advertised on some of the internet places that weren't advertising for the FHE fundraiser.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...x403/1896773_654031861325363_1800750160_n.jpg

With the FHE fundraiser going so late, it is highly unlikely that anyone involved with the Heather Elvis case would in any way be responsible for the alleged shooting, IMO. I just don't see how it would be possible.

Myrtle Beach/Horry Co., SC has a silent Epidemic of unsolved missing/murdered persons cases, yet their priorities are misplaced, imo.. First they arrest 2 concerned citizens for lending a helping hand to the parents of a missing child; Heather Elvis, and now this;

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24766954/...-after-spanking-child-with-switch-report-says

Myrtle Beach man arrested after spanking child with "switch," report says
Posted: Feb 19, 2014

They lock him up for abusing this child and then send him right back to the child because hey...he's not going to be angry and harm this boy again,right? :facepalm: :banghead:

JMO,...I bet it drives SM's wife crazy continually hearing about Heather and how wonderful, beautiful, etc...she is. And just to know that SM is hearing it too, and thinking of her every time her name comes up on TV, etc...

Even if they are both innocent...would not be something a wife would like hearing, IMO, in the circumstances...

JMO

They lock him up for abusing this child and then send him right back to the child because hey...he's not going to be angry and harm this boy again,right? :facepalm: :banghead:

O/T about Heather but addressing the abused child.
From the article (Mayfield is the abuser):

"A website identifies Mayfield as a co-founder of the "Imitators of Christ Ministries," which bills itself as an evangelistic ministry group that travels and spreads the love of Jesus Christ through song, dance, skits, steps, preaching, and teaching"

Wow! Sure wasn't spreading the love of Jesus with this boy.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the article. I hope they keep him in prison this time too!

Sure it sounds like more than a spanking if you read the police report. Police reports, many times are a little one sided and subjective.. Imo, the arrest of BB & GS was for intimidation purposes.. HCPD Chief Rhodes pretty much affirmed this in her interview.
It is not illegal to use a switch for disciplining a child. Many of us boomers were disciplined with a switch and we turned out alright. If the prior arrest of child abuse was upheld, it is doubtful that the father would now have custody of the child, imo.

* subjective —adj: 1. belonging to, proceeding from, or relating to the mind of the thinking subject and not the nature of the object being considered..

So, lets just arrest, try, convict, and sentence this father since we disagree with his method of discipline..

See the comments to the article..

O/T about Heather but addressing the abused child.
From the article (Mayfield is the abuser):

"A website identifies Mayfield as a co-founder of the "Imitators of Christ Ministries," which bills itself as an evangelistic ministry group that travels and spreads the love of Jesus Christ through song, dance, skits, steps, preaching, and teaching"

Wow! Sure wasn't spreading the love of Jesus with this boy.

UNFORTUNATELY, there will always be those who give the actual GOOD people the bad rep and call into question if just maybe every God Loving church goer may be like the evil ones... It happens... I think there are exceptions to pretty much all "categories/classifications" and that man was an exception IMO.

UNFORTUNATELY, there will always be those who give the actual GOOD people the bad rep and call into question if just maybe every God Loving church goer may be like the evil ones... It happens... I think there are exceptions to pretty much all "categories/classifications" and that man was an exception IMO.

I just found it ironic.
There are good and bad everywhere.
Wasn't trying to judge or make a statement. Sorry if it came across that way.

I just found it ironic.
There are good and bad everywhere.
Wasn't trying to judge or make a statement. Sorry if it came across that way.

No, NO, NO, not at all, just frustrates me when people like that, in that role/position do crap like that... WAY O/T, just like the flipping school teacher/sports coach that just kidnapped and subsequently killed Hailey yesterday. A baby by many standards... Not even a teenager... Such a sad case. However, I do not think all teachers are capable of that behavior just because he was one.

Sure it sounds like more than a spanking if you read the police report. Police reports, many times are a little one sided and subjective.. Imo, the arrest of BB & GS was for intimidation purposes.. HCPD Chief Rhodes pretty much affirmed this in her interview.
It is not illegal to use a switch for disciplining a child. Many of us boomers were disciplined with a switch and we turned out alright. If the prior arrest of child abuse was upheld, it is doubtful that the father would now have custody of the child, imo.

* subjective —adj: 1. belonging to, proceeding from, or relating to the mind of the thinking subject and not the nature of the object being considered..

So, lets just arrest, try, convict, and sentence this father since we disagree with his method of discipline..

See the comments to the article..

Sorry, where kids are concerned, I'd prefer to err on the side of caution. If there's even a question of abuse, there needs to be an investigation. I'd rather arrest first, ask questions later. If we took these incidents more seriously...I've seen too many murdered kids on these forums by abusive parents that 'slipped thru the system'. And while I'm not opposed to an occasional spanking, anything that leaves welts is unnecessary, abusive and humilating.

My Opinion.

ETA: my definition of spanking is a smack, on the bottom, through clothing. When done properly, it should hurt the spankers hand more than it hurts the child's bottom.

It is not illegal to use a switch for disciplining a child. Many of us boomers were disciplined with a switch and we turned out alright..

I would hardly call someone who has a history of abuse of a child, who has previously been in jail for the abuse of a child (clearly has not learned anything and/or still believes himself above the law), and who uses a weapon on a 9 year old to have 'turned out alright'.

If the shooting happened, and "If" here is stressed by me, I wonder who considering 2/6 was the evening of the Boathouse event for Heather and all the family, friends, and most supporters were at this event. So the "white truck" they are implying is the same type of vehicle they described in an earlier police report of trespassing which seemed to imply TE or BB. But TE and BB were both at the Boathouse event on 2/6.

O/T During the Mickey Shunick case, we were looking for and finding white trucks everywhere!

I am confused...is spanking man connected to Heather's case?

I am confused...is spanking man connected to Heather's case?

No he isn't.

Eta: he was arrested in MB and someone posted a link to the article and made mention of how LE is spending their time or something along those lines.

I live in NC and caught a tail end of a news story about Myrtle Beach Officials planning on spending more on advertising in cold states due to all the recent storms they feared that some states would have to take some of the important dates (i am guessing they mean spring breaks etc)away from kids for make up days and it will hurt the tourist season this year...I will try to find the article online....That makes me angry I can think of several other areas that that money should be spent on improving things...my hubby heard it and said: THEY SURE ARENT GONNA SPEND IT ON LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THEIR ARE LOTS OF MISSING PEOPLE HUH??

While being wide awake after having a dream with the M's in it, uuugh and eww, my mind is wandering. Could one or some of the last calls TO Heather's phone be to locate it? Could it have been dropped somewhere or she claimed she didn't have it and OMM or OMW called her number to find it? Either from one if their phones or another one thought not traceable to them? Almost weekly I have to have my husband call my cell due to me misplacing it somewhere. I've dropped it in car and found it between the front seat and the center console, and I also found it in the dark by it lighting up from the incoming call.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

While being wide awake after having a dream with the M's in it, uuugh and eww, my mind is wandering. Could one or some of the last calls TO Heather's phone be to locate it? Could it have been dropped somewhere or she claimed she didn't have it and OMM or OMW called her number to find it? Either from one if their phones or another one thought not traceable to them? Almost weekly I have to have my husband call my cell due to me misplacing it somewhere. I've dropped it in car and found it between the front seat and the center console, and I also found it in the dark by it lighting up from the incoming call.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Its possible but would be hard to tell the reason.

It did make me wonder if the perp(s) kept something that was owned by HE though. Going back to the type of people that could do such a thing, it is very possible IMO that some sort of small trophy or keepsake was taken from HE.

I'm hoping it is something like this that ends up breaking the case.

If someone had initially kept something and then decided later it was too risky because of all the publicity then it is possible there is another dump site where some article or item of HE is yet to be found. This other place could be much closer to the landing area than HE even is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member