SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
?, Link please, I'm trying to follow along / catch up, having major tech probs here TIA FLoridamomma! :seeya:

Are yall watching a stream?

I'm in phone, would someone be so nice as to post link? tia!

ETA, on phone, although when it comes to posting links I may as well be trapped in my phone:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think they should have put them in one cell that was rigged, to see and hear. Don't think TM wouldn't have been able to keep from tearing into SM.

It was the day before, the afternoon of the 17th, when Heather went to McDonalds, so video would not be from there, IMO.

I thought it just looked like a graphic of Mickey at the bottom of the fire pit....

And since the fire pit had been used... And the charcoal/rocks/whatever had been washed out by the storm...

We saw his charred face at the bottom of the pit... :mickey:

But.. :dunno:

I wish we could see the rest of the bottom of it. Can totally see them putting Disney character faces at the bottom to fit with their theme.

I never thought I'd find Mickey and Minney creepy, but, here I am. :scared:

These arrests are very confusing. I'm inclined to believe the indecent exposure charges stem from them having sex in public, as the always-classy TM boasted about on FB. There were two incidents, one in a dressing room and one other place in the mall, I think. Perhaps they found the store's video surveillance of that. $20,000 bond is nothing; they would only have to post 10% of that. I think the arrests were a way to ensure they don't run. You know how much TM LOVES men with long hair and they've been quite the lovebirds lately, but in his mugshot it's obvious that SM had recently cut his hair off and trimmed his goatee. Why the change in appearance? Maybe their phones were tapped and LE heard them planning SM's escape; hence, the obstruction of justice?

oh, he gets pedophiles off. great.

ETA OMG that doesn't sound right. I mean, I looked at first few cases. eww..

In our system of justice even pedophiles are entitled to a defense. Someone's got to do it. It just happens that this lawyer has decided to take cases like that on. MOO.

oh, he gets pedophiles off. great.

ETA OMG that doesn't sound right. I mean, I looked at first few cases. eww..

Well...just because someone is arrested doesn't mean they are guilty. Everyone has the right to a trial and a defense. I had the honor and privilege of serving on a jury and can honestly say things aren't always that obvious or clear. In my case, we returned a not guilty verdict on a charge of 1st degree assaultv( or something like that...basically it was around whether or not excessive force was used that contributed to someone's death).

https://twitter.com/StephRobusto

"Bc of the nature of this case and how fast moving it is this weekend, the chief public defender called me in" says G.M.

Seems like TM has a public defender, so likely SM will as well but a different one. If they had hired an attorney, they might would have used the same one. JMO!

I say sell some of that 'stuff' at the house and pay for your own lawyer! Grrrr!! Maybe sell those beloved psalm trees!

How can someone get public defender and spend like they were doing? It irritates the crap outta me! Hope some financial discord is found in her filing the papers for a public defender! It just doesn't add up!!!

Kegler said the surveillance tapes have to do with cameras throughout the Socastee area.

"The surveillance cameras that we're speaking of have nothing to do with this property," he said. "Those were previously seized surveillance cameras during the course of the investigation from December on, throughout the Socastee area."

He did not know what kind of expert viewed the footage and would not say what was seen in the surveillance tapes that prompted Friday's search.

Other search warrants previously were executed on the property, Kegler said, but he did not have specific details.

Cadaver dogs searched the property Friday with negative results, Kegler said.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/21/3282100/two-arrested-in-heather-elvis.html

These arrests are very confusing. I'm inclined to believe the indecent exposure charges stem from them having sex in public, as the always-classy TM boasted about on FB. There were two incidents, one in a dressing room and one other place in the mall, I think. Perhaps they found the store's video surveillance of that. $20,000 bond is nothing; they would only have to post 10% of that. I think the arrests were a way to ensure they don't run. You know how much TM LOVES men with long hair and they've been quite the lovebirds lately, but in his mugshot it's obvious that SM had recently cut his hair off and trimmed his goatee. Why the change in appearance? Maybe their phones were tapped and LE heard them planning SM's escape; hence, the obstruction of justice?

BBM

Were they told by LE not to leave the area? I'm not sure how planning on "escaping" fits with this case.

Well...just because someone is arrested doesn't mean they are guilty. Everyone has the right to a trial and a defense. I had the honor and privilege of serving on a jury and can honestly say things aren't always that obvious or clear. In my case, we returned a not guilty verdict on a charge of 1st degree assaultv( or something like that...basically it was around whether or not excessive force was used that contributed to someone's death).

I totally agree, as I also do with previous comment re: everybody is entitled to a defense. I guess I worded my post a bit off, my initial reaction was wow! he's not got murder cases, but I didn't read all, either.

I don't know if I posted this thought or not..

The police having been seen near their property, wondering if the Moorers thought they were there to protect them?

In our system of justice even pedophiles are entitled to a defense. Someone's got to do it. It just happens that this lawyer has decided to take cases like that on. MOO.
This lawyer was appointed to her..doesn't that mean the lawyer has no choice who they represent?

They can't use the truck titles if they already have a lien on them either. I highly doubt "Momma's new ride" is paid off.

I wouldn't doubt the US Government hasn't seized the trucks if they have tax evasion charges coming. In my opinion its a very good possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot