SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this attorney actually work for the public defender's office or is he a private attorney who contracts with them?
Where I am we have lawyers employed by the PD Office and we also have private attorneys who agree to take so many PD cases a month, pro bono of course, so the PD will farm some cases out to those private attorneys.
From the above statement it sounds like maybe he is a private atty doing PD work or I have misinterpreted and it may mean he doesn't typically work on weekends. The "called me in" part is what I wondered about.
Not that it really matters one way or another. Just curious.
I am sure any public defender would love this case...esp with all the media hype..one can usually tell when the lawyer is doing it for a stardom or if they became a lawyer to serve justice.

A lawyer could have valid reason to refuse or want to refuse this case, if she is out on bail and can't stay off SM. JMO

I wonder if they each blame each other, then could that work as a disadvantage, as you can't convict one over the other, therefore neither, kwim? There's a word for this, can't think of it. Almost like cancelling each other out...plausible deniability? No that's not it, ugh, brain's not working today.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Hoping this brings some answers for Heather's family soon!!!!!!

I'm so glad they have been named publicly so we can brainstorm together now on Heather's whereabouts as places associated with these persons.

Reasonable doubt?

I think whoever talks first will have the advantage. If both star quacking, they'll eventually be able to get to the bottom of it. JMO

I wonder if they each blame each other, then could that work as a disadvantage, as you can't convict one over the other, therefore neither, kwim? There's a word for this, can't think of it. Almost like cancelling each other out...plausible deniability? No that's not it, ugh, brain's not working today.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Hoping this brings some answers for Heather's family soon!!!!!!

I'm so glad they have been named publicly so we can brainstorm together now on Heather's whereabouts as places associated with these persons.

I have a feeling that evidence in this case will prevent any kind of "cross finger pointing" excuse. At least I hope LE has found some strong evidence.

If they don't have strong evidence of what happened, then we probably wont see charges directly related to what happened to Heather. MOO.

I find it weird how tm posts all this stuff on facebook... she knows she has a lot of haters.. she knows the public is reading everything she writes.... why not make your fbook privite or better yet delete it. I find it sickening ..shes enjoying this "fame" way to much.... and that says a lot about her character. I always see references to her Facebook on here, however today was the first time I actually looked at it...... I feel like barfing.. the way they "flaunt their love"... if my husband was having an affair id choose to discribe him much differently then her.

I think you must have missed the post she made about his "affair" with HE. I pretty much think she described him exactly as you would expect in that post. I think it's been deleted but you should be able to find it in the parking lot, now.

I fear she may not even be "findable" at this point, even if one of them (if guilty) wanted to confess. Wonder how that would work, if they wanted to tell where her body is, but it can't be found-how could LE decide if lying? (I hate assuming she is dead, but I believe she is.) I do not believe she is being held elsewhere...she wasn't found yesterday, which seemed very unlikely anyway, with all of those people living so close together, and anywhere else, someone would have had to be going out to "care" for her (whatever that would entail, yikes) and over two months, with LE watching, would have been tricky.

Anyway, all JMO.

It may not matter...it may be up to a jury to decide.

Tom Capano was convicted of the murder of Ann Marie Fahey after his brother came forward and confessed to helping Tom dispose of what he thought might have been Ann Marie - he never actually saw her, just the cooler he thinks she was in.
He was sentenced to death but ended up dying in prison of a heart attack...

I am having trouble determining a possible motive for SM to murder Heather.
He apparently had been seeing her for months and no harm had come to her.
She appeared to be trying to go on with her life. Is there something that I am missing?

I am sure any public defender would love this case...esp with all the media hype..one can usually tell when the lawyer is doing it for a stardom or if they became a lawyer to serve justice.

I just hope some high dollar atty doesn't waltz in and represent pro bono, kwim?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Moorers have had plenty of time to clean up / dispose of evidence.
So, where is Heather? I still think the answer is related to SM's job, somehow, and they might have had help. jmo.

Hopefully they missed something though. That is what I am hoping LE has found while they were there. Something small but crucial. I think LE is holding off as long as possible on the pending charges because they hope to process all the potential evidence and then hopefully add signficant charges to the pending charges.

We have seen outdated photos of the camper. Does anyone know if it was confirmed or not that the camper was still there when LE went there yesterday?

On the public index site, for the obstruction charges, under 'actions', 'archived document' is listed as filing...this isn't there for the other charges, anyone know what it could be?

Also, Sid hasn't posted bond yet. You'd think it would be quick since the bondsman was just there !

I think you must have missed the post she made about his "affair" with HE. I pretty much think she described him exactly as you would expect in that post. I think it's been deleted but you should be able to find it in the parking lot, now.

not in pl. but google, it's all.freaking over internet.

Wouldn't someone have to see you "doing it" in a stall or elsewhere? I could say I did when I didn't, but could I be arrested unless there was proof? I saw one gross pic on her FB about Valentines, but someone else put it on there. I am wondering what they have 2 counts of that someone saw of a sexual nature. It had to be BOTH being responsible if was a pic wouldn't it? Can you be arrested if you did pose for a sexual pic but you didn't send it? Am I rambling again?

This is an ongoing investigation and I'm sure evidence is still being processed and analyzed. They might try to work out a deal where one gets a reduced charge if they turn on the other. I guess it depends on what they found exactly.

I hope it's not the case, but I get this sick feeling they disposed of the body in some way that it can't be recovered.
True but shoes, jewelry, big banded watches, cell phones and car keys are harder to destroy and could turn up in the grass or soil one day.

Stephanie Robusto ‏@StephRobusto 4m
Defense Attorneys having initial, separate mtgs with Tammy & Sidney. At this time, its unclear how the charges relate to #HeatherElvis case
Expand

dough rising. for bagels. bagels for supper. I'm productive, right? groan.

Camper was there in the driveway yesterday with the overhead views.

Which reminded me of something else, did anyone else notice 'stuff' on the back of the camper, like chairs and stuff? Wonder if they were packing to leave?

Unless Sidney is using That particular lawyer, so maybe conflict of interest if both have Same attorney?? I don't know???
IMOO.

‏@StephRobusto 1h

Greg McCollum appointed to defend Tammy Moorer. Just showing up for initial meeting with her

‏@StephRobusto 1h

"Bc of the nature of this case and how fast moving it is this weekend, the chief public defender called me in" says G.M.

‏@StephRobusto 1h

"There is no definite rule but I am not representing both to rule out any conflict of interest as this progresses" tammys defense attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia