SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In this particular case they saw fit to charge smaller charges to start with but I'll assure you a lot heavier charges are coming," said Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

Richardson said he could not release what those "heavier charges" could be or how they're connected to the Heather Elvis case.

More at link:
http://www.wbtw.com/story/24785283/two-people-in-custody-in-the-heather-elvis-case

So, they can't say how not if...definitely makes you think that whole thing about the finances was a red herring to get them in there. But, of course, I'm pretty sure they'll try to hang some financial stuff on them, too.

Playing catch-up here....but MSM reports that "the arrests were made in connection to the HE case" so then the charges must directly related to HE as opposed to just them getting it on in public places caught on video right?

I'm wondering if the charges relate to something they made HE watch them do, in person? And obviously whilst they were outside somewhere.

Not sure how they would have done that, or how LE could have found out - unless they filmed it.

Probably wildly off the mark, but its very hard to match up what they are charged with, with the missing person case.

All MOO.

So were these attorneys randomly assigned to the case, or did they seek it out for publicity? I find it interesting that neither is a true public defender.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but it seems to be all the official information there is.

"Myrtle Beach Attorney Greg McCollum was outside the J. Reuben Long Detention Center Saturday afternoon, and said he was requested by the public defender’s office to meet with Tammy Moorer, but not necessarily as a public defender."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...d-held-on-bond-in-exposure.html#storylink=cpy

I'm wondering if the charges relate to something they made HE watch them do, in person? And obviously whilst they were outside somewhere.

Not sure how they would have done that, or how LE could have found out - unless they filmed it.

Probably wildly off the mark, but its very hard to match up what they are charged with, with the missing person case.

All MOO.

Above BBM:

OMG, now that would really be too much. I got a chill just thinking about it.

Totally hypothetical here...what if Sid started spilling when he went to Grand Strand early Thursday am. He told LE info that the needed to move this forward. LE in turn used this opportunity Friday to move in. Sidney's mug shot looks like a defeated man to me. And now he's cooperating and sharing with his appointed attorney. Tammy would have no idea what's going on and Sidney could bargain truth for time, before she gets the chance. The timing of all that happened this week makes me really think there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

I have a question....do you get a hair brush in jail?

Not if they're concerned about what you might do with it.

I like pee ems too

Hey can someone tell me how to follow someone on twitter? I feel so stoopid right now. I want to follow #findheatherelvis

I'm not sure. Maybe this county assigns/asks for more experienced volunteer defense attorney's for high profile cases.

High profile cases are good for a private practice defense attorney no matter the outcome. It keeps the phone ringing. MOO.

But if a defendant qualifies for a PD the private attorney would be doing it pro bono. I guess it would depend how much time it consumes to defend the person whether or not it's good for the practice. I agree though most criminal defense attys enjoy high profile limelight.
The fact that hers has already given a statement makes me wonder if he volunteered or was chosen.

I have a question....do you get a hair brush in jail?

My church puts together inmate bags and we include a comb, small brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and lotion. We put them in large zip locks and then they are searched and distributed.

So were these attorneys randomly assigned to the case, or did they seek it out for publicity? I find it interesting that neither is a true public defender.

We have lawyers in the family who put their names on the public defender list for one reason, to be honest, and that is to show their face to the judges. This helps later on as the more familiar a judge is with you in a good way, the better chance he/she will act in your favor when border line decisions are being made by them down the road in other trials. The politics of practicing law. Most public defenders just plea their clients down and move on. Very rarely (almost never) go to trial.

"In this particular case they saw fit to charge smaller charges to start with but I'll assure you a lot heavier charges are coming," said Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

Richardson said he could not release what those "heavier charges" could be or how they're connected to the Heather Elvis case.

More at link:
http://www.wbtw.com/story/24785283/two-people-in-custody-in-the-heather-elvis-case

So, they can't say how not if...definitely makes you think that whole thing about the finances was a red herring to get them in there. But, of course, I'm pretty sure they'll try to hang some financial stuff on them, too.
I think there were things found in surveillance tapes that were contrary to things that SM and TM said about where they were at given times (for example, they might have said they were never at HE's condo, but surveillance tapes say otherwise, or that they were at home on the night HE disappeared, but a vehicle was caught on surveillance tapes). Obstruction of Justice charge. Then they came up with any other charges they could think of to get them arrested and get a search warrant on their property. Then having gotten items from the search warrant, found something quickly they could also charge them with. Then if they think they have something, they might add charges, then wait 24 more hours, add some more charges, wait 24 hours...rinse and repeat until everything in the search warrant has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. JMO

http://www.exploretalent.com/sidneymoorer

Does the guy have any acting credits in school or community theatre? I bet this is the work of T. Maybe she was moving from rock stars to movie stars.

Has anyone uncovered anything about her former rock star life? I'm thinking band groupie.

Wouldn't they have to, otherwise it would be an unlawful search and seizure?

Does this attorney actually work for the public defender's office or is he a private attorney who contracts with them?
Where I am we have lawyers employed by the PD Office and we also have private attorneys who agree to take so many PD cases a month, pro bono of course, so the PD will farm some cases out to those private attorneys.
From the above statement it sounds like maybe he is a private atty doing PD work or I have misinterpreted and it may mean he doesn't typically work on weekends. The "called me in" part is what I wondered about.
Not that it really matters one way or another. Just curious.

I am 10 pages behind, so this may have already been addressed. You are right about pro bono work. A good many attorneys almost have to do pro bono cases. Not sure why... wish we had an attorney posting so he/she could explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha