Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.exploretalent.com/sidneymoorer

Does the guy have any acting credits in school or community theatre? I bet this is the work of T. Maybe she was moving from rock stars to movie stars.

Has anyone uncovered anything about her former rock star life? I'm thinking band groupie.

Doubtful he has any credits and I agree with everything you said.
:seeya: by the way. Always good to "see" you, noZ.

I think a lot of lawyers would love to be assigned to this case if it went to trial for murder. Not only because it is high-profile, but also because, and I hate to say it, there's a chance they could win. Especially if they try to do a no-body trial. I think a lawyer could possibly get a reduced sentence (whether that's LWOP over DP, or 2nd degree over 1st) or even an acquittal. Also, no-body trials are rare, so perhaps that will cause the trial to get even more attention or be talked about years later. So lots of reasons the case would be attractive to lawyers, than it just being a big story in MB.

Wouldn't they have to, otherwise it would be an unlawful search and seizure?

Not if they didn't find anything incriminating. They could have probable cause to search but find nothing.

How many folks think that Heather Elvis's investigation would be getting this much ms media attention, investigative resources, and judicial activity without the tremendous amount of community awareness created by the family, internet & other social media, friends, and complete strangers?

The squeaky wheel is much louder than it was in the past... All missing/murdered persons should receive this amount of awareness and investigative resources to insure that truth & justice is served..imo

Imo, there is, or will be a secret grand jury involved in the HE investigation...

http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/faq/faq7.htm

Why don't we hear more about grand juries?

Everything about a grand jury is cloaked in secrecy, and most jurisdictions make it a crime to violate that secrecy. In the federal system, for example, Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure requires that "matters occurring before the grand jury" be kept secret. The rule also says that if anyone bound by secrecy reveals "matters occurring before" a grand jury, this is "CRIMINAL contempt." The rule of secrecy binds everyone with access to grand jury proceedings (prosecutors, grand jurors, court reporters, and clerical personnel who help a prosecutor prepare for grand jury appearances), except the witnesses who testify before a grand jury.
<sniped - read more>

Why can't I get those two twitter pics posted here???? Grrrrrr!!!!!

I am 10 pages behind, so this may have already been addressed. You are right about pro bono work. A good many attorneys almost have to do pro bono cases. Not sure why... wish we had an attorney posting so he/she could explain.

I've been told (neighbor is a lawyer) that our local bar association requires all practicing defense lawyers in the area to perform a certain amount of pro bono work. They can be disciplined or disbarred if they don't put their names in the pool, they have to take the case that's assigned when their name comes up at random unless they can convince the judge there's a conflict of interest or other real reason.

We need somebody who practices in Horry County to know whether that's the case there. Even if it is, it doesn't sound like that came into play for this case.

I am 10 pages behind, so this may have already been addressed. You are right about pro bono work. A good many attorneys almost have to do pro bono cases. Not sure why... wish we had an attorney posting so he/she could explain.

I think they do it to be nice, give back and it also helps younger attorneys get more court exposure. Someone trying to make a name for themselves will want to be in court often.
All JMO

Have you been watching "My Cousin Vinny"? just kidding, your post reminds me of a particular scene in that movie...

Named a cat after that movie many moons ago, and I LOVE this scene! :)

How many folks think that Heather Elvis's investigation would be getting this much ms media attention, investigative resources, and judicial activity without the tremendous amount of community awareness created by the family, internet & other social media, friends, and complete strangers?

The squeaky wheel is much louder than it was in the past... All missing/murdered persons should receive this amount of awareness and investigative resources to insure that truth & justice is served..imo

Imo, there is, or will be a secret grand jury involved in the HE investigation...

Everything about a grand jury is cloaked in secrecy, and most jurisdictions make it a crime to violate that secrecy. In the federal system, for example, Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure requires that "matters occurring before the grand jury" be kept secret. The rule also says that if anyone bound by secrecy reveals "matters occurring before" a grand jury, this is "CRIMINAL contempt." The rule of secrecy binds everyone with access to grand jury proceedings (prosecutors, grand jurors, court reporters, and clerical personnel who help a prosecutor prepare for grand jury appearances), except the witnesses who testify before a grand jury.
<sniped - read more>

I think the amount of media coverage is due to Heather being an attractive, middle-class young woman, and the circumstances of the case being sensational, and involving a love triangle.

<sniped - read more>

Great post. I agree with all of it.

But if a defendant qualifies for a PD the private attorney would be doing it pro bono. I guess it would depend how much time it consumes to defend the person whether or not it's good for the practice. I agree though most criminal defense attys enjoy high profile limelight.
The fact that hers has already given a statement makes me wonder if he volunteered or was chosen.

Sharethe Light, I think that you may be misinformed on the pro bono comment..

Depending on the state, the attorney fees can run into the million$, especially should this evolve into a homicide/death penalty case...

Hey Everyone! I'm usually more comfortable being a "lurker", but I do have a question about the bond post I a hoping somebody can help me understand. If TM has more charges brought against her where bond wouldn't be an option, what would happen to the bond she already posted on the lesser charges? Why waste the money posting on the current bail if the potential of worse charges coming? Hope my question makes sense...
BTW everyone on here does an awesome job in discussing this case. I hope answers are coming soon for the Elvis family.

Based on what investigators saw from those cameras, police say they were able to carry out the search warrant before taking the Moorers into custody. Lt. Kegler says the search warrant carried out Friday follows new evidence investigators recently came across.

Police did not release any specifics into what the surveillance video showed, only adding that it did help investigators move towards making these arrests.

I think this had to do with the obstruction charge vs indecent exposure charge. If you remember yesterday LE said the new surveillance report allowed them to get the search warrant and I don&#8217;t think indecent photos or video would cover or allow taking the trucks and camper. So my working theory is, I am betting they have surveillance video from the area that captured either one or both Moorers in the vehicle perhaps driving with HE during the early morning hours. I believe they got the search warrant based on this and wanted that secured and under way before any arrests and lawyers got involved to fight the search warrant. I also think they wanted to separate these two. I don&#8217;t know what the coming charges maybe, for instance is there such a charge (just) for someone&#8217;s disappearance, maybe foul play until say they find Heather and up the charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025