SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are so sweet to think of attys that way!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lol I laughed as I typed it because I realized how it sounded. I couldn't come up with the word I was looking for. I work with them I'm aware of their nature ;)

Just jumping in to say that I believe that Tammy's family provides a significant amount of monetary support, and therefore also have an equally large amount of control in Sidney and Tammy's lives. FWIW and MOO.

Here is the link to SC's Bail proceedings (7th paragraph down):

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/summaryCourtBenchBook/HTML/CriminalE.htm

"Any individual initially incarcerated without having been formally charged with the violation of a crime, who remains incarcerated for a maximum of twenty-four hours of delivery by law enforcement to the detention facility without having been formally charged with a crime, shall be discharged from the detention facility by the magistrate or municipal judge conducting bond hearings. However, if law enforcement or a prosecutorial agency presents compelling written evidence to the bonding magistrate or municipal judge as to why an individual should not be released within twenty-four hours pursuant to this provision of this Order, the bonding magistrate or municipal judge, after considering the evidence, may delay discharge of the defendant for an additional period not to exceed twenty-four hours. Any written evidence presented and accepted by the bonding judge as compelling evidence to delay the release of an uncharged individual must be immediately forwarded to the Chief Magistrate of that county. The Chief Magistrate in each county is responsible for coordinating with the necessary local officials, which includes, but may not be limited to, the custodian of the detention facility, local law enforcement, and any affected prosecutorial agencies, to ensure that the procedures for the required and proper accounting, notification, and release of individuals, pursuant to the Order of the Supreme Court dated September 19, 2007, are followed, regardless of whether the initial detention was initiated by municipal or county law enforcement."

Speaking of social media accounts in general, I think many of us are aware of a few people that use them to create a "perfect life." In their posts, their lives are filled with affluence, perfect husbands, perfect children...they never come down to earth, reveal a problem, or let down the mask. They have a terrible need to persaude even strangers that they "have it all." I have often wondered why? There is a sort of desparation in this strange need. No matter what the reality, it is bearable if you can convince others that your life is absolutely perfect.

I would certainly put TM in this category.

After today I see TM as a very insecure person and Sidney is all she has. I can only imagine living at home in the family "compound" and being beholding to my parents for what I have. My husband is a philanderer, I'm aging and not very well, he's younger and I have no life. I don't work outside the home, I homeschool our kids and my only outlet is through the internet. So I create this fantasy lifestyle and brag about it. I re-capture my husbands attention by great vacations, we can travel and I can create this perfect image of my life. So he's excited and joins in. The kids are happy and things are going along ok. Then my husband hooks up with a younger, really beautiful woman. He's feeling his age and this girl makes him feel young again. She puts the moves on him and he's taken with her. Now I'm the dowdy overweight and over 40 wife, with the kids and responsibility....yeah, I now totally see this happening.

Matter to the public? IMO no. I think it matters a great deal to a defendant. The attys employed by the PD office often have a tremendous case load and plea a lot of cases. It's not to say there aren't great attys working in the PD office they are just typically overscheduled. I would want someone who could devote a little more time and attention to my case if I were a defendant. JMO

I agree. Defendants in high profile cases tend to get more experienced private practice lawyers where lesser known cases the defendants get public defenders that don't have as much experience.

I also think that states attorney's or district attorney's don't plea bargain in high profile cases when they routinely do it in similar but lessor known cases.

That's because of politics. MOO.

If poor people don't have the means or time to generate interest, then socioeconomic status does play a part. That tells me that a poor family would have to work much, much harder to get the amount of interest a family of better means is able to get. Just like a wealthy family would be able to get even more attention for their child's case than Heather's family has (such as getting the governor more actively involved).
O/T Jahi Turner was from a lower socio-economic group and was all over the news when he went missing. People from the area volunteered to help. He was not a middle class attractive young woman. The family didn't have to work much harder to get anyone interested. His FAMILY put a stop to the searches. It was their choice. You may believe what you like. I respectfully disagree.

Looks like South Carolina's marriage records aren't on line.

I used to see numbers on FHEFB. Like 40,000 strong. 45,000 strong. How many strong was FHEFB before SM's name came out in the police report? Anyone remember?

Not sure about that far back, paris_paris..that was last year..
It is now approaching 50,000 Likes and has had 1500 Likes in the last two days while websleuths has also had virtually 100,000 views in the past two days.. The state of SC, the nation, and beyond is watching, hoping, and praying for a swift resolution in HE's disappearance..imo

After today I see TM as a very insecure person and Sidney is all she has. I can only imagine living at home in the family "compound" and being beholding to my parents for what I have. My husband is a philanderer, I'm aging and not very well, he's younger and I have no life. I don't work outside the home, I homeschool our kids and my only outlet is through the internet. So I create this fantasy lifestyle and brag about it. I re-capture my husbands attention by great vacations, we can travel and I can create this perfect image of my life. So he's excited and joins in. The kids are happy and things are going along ok. Then my husband hooks up with a younger, really beautiful woman. He's feeling his age and this girl makes him feel young again. She puts the moves on him and he's taken with her. Now I'm the dowdy overweight and over 40 wife, with the kids and responsibility....yeah, I now totally see this happening.

But she openly admits to being a philanderer also.
Maybe it was different with him. He was getting emotionally attached and edging more and more away from her? Where as hers was maybe purely physical or it ended?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Sharethe Light, I think that you may be misinformed on the pro bono comment..

Depending on the state, the attorney fees can run into the million$, especially should this evolve into a homicide/death penalty case...

one more reason why PD don't go to trial...the state pays minimum to the lawyer...plus has a very small budget for various incidentals..no money for expert witnesses, etc.

don't forget the state is paying both sides ..who do you think has the financial advantage?

You've nailed it...and, managed to show some empathy for a very unsympathetic person. Very insightful and admirable. I still can't stand her but I feel as much empathy for her as him after reading your post. I could just cry for those poor children.

To play devil's advocate though, philandering is his only way of having any power. Cause he's not only under her thumb, but her family's as well.

Maybe it was different with him. He was getting emotionally attached and edging more and more away from her? Where as hers was maybe purely physical or it ended?

I don't believe her. I think she said that for attention.

Perhaps they've claimed more than 3 on tax returns, or are getting welfare for more than 3?

I think I read on the Dis board that she had taken in her nephew. I couldn't stomach reading all of her posts, so I don't know how long that lasted. I also don't recall seeing him in any photos.

Perhaps this is why they are unsure about the number of children?

Interesting.....

"Richardson said after Saturday's charges there are a number of different scenarios that can play out.

"It may very well be that one of them may work against the other one, it could be that both of them decide to work together. There are a lot of decisions that go into it," said Richardson. "

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24785283/two-people-in-custody-in-the-heather-elvis-case

BBM - Is he referring working together as in invoking marriage privilege so they don't testify against each other?

TBH, I'm not sure I believe she was cheating, at least not with a rock star...I think that may have been another tactic to defend her own ego. She has to put it out there that she "did it first" to justify why her dh would cheat on her. Otherwise people might think it was because she was just a controlling, awful b*#$& (which she was). IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli