SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone point me in the direction to look at a possible 16 years for obstruction?

Im thinking the sex act charge was (maybe) to try and embarrass her or "get her talking"

ie-We will drop the sex charge if you tell us about heather.

But we all know the kind of person she is and we know this wouldnt work...

I think we should be focusing more on the obstruction charges. What could this mean? It HAS to do with the HE case...or at least I would think.

Agree. Not too concerned about sex/indecent exposure charges. But then again, that would make TM a RSO.

For obstruction charges, depending on what is being "obstructed", this will most likely, IMO have direct relation to charges SM gets.

It could also be a "tactic" (since certain circumstantial evidence has been found) that would press TM to speak up or face maximum charges IMO!

I think once SM charges are announced, we will get the bigger picture of the Solicitor's over-all game plan. Again, IMO.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share this on Obstruction of Justice.
Obstruction of justice

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The crime of obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, refers to the crime of interfering with the work of police, investigators, regulatory agencies, prosecutors, or other (usually government) officials. Common law jurisdictions other than the United States tend to use the wider offense of perverting the course of justice.

Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, other than a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent used to allow any person questioned by police merely to refuse to answer questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court, though the witness may then exercise their rights, for example in Fifth Amendment, if they believe their answer may serve to incriminate themselves ). If the person tried to protect a suspect (such as by providing a false alibi, even if the suspect is in fact innocent) or to hide from investigation of their own activities (such as to hide their involvement in another crime), this may leave them liable to prosecution. Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters, destroys, or conceals physical evidence, even if he was under no compulsion at any time to produce such evidence. Often, no actual investigation or substantiated suspicion of a specific incident need exist to support a charge of obstruction of justice.

Obstruction can include crimes committed by judges, prosecutors, attorneys general, and elected officials in general. It is misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance in the conduct of the office. Most commonly it is prosecuted as a crime for perjury by a non governmental official primarily because of prosecutorial discretion.

Modern obstruction of justice:

In United States v. Binion, malingering or feigning illness during a competency evaluation was held to be obstruction of justice and led to an enhanced sentence.[1]

People with narcissistic/histrionic personality disorders NEVER listen to anyone let alone a lawyer! They know it all.........
LE has her computer, she will get another, dream up new names and be right back on, thinking LE will never know!:banghead:

I agree completely.

We have that option here in SC, too, but it's not considered homeschooling. There is a state run online school (I believe ours may be high school only) that provides a laptop, $ for Internet, etc, but it is actually a public school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see her using the term "home schooling" to make it seem like she actually does more than she does.....cyber school is really self directed. She certainly doesn't seem like she spends a lot of time actually "teaching" with all of her social media rants and what-not!

Listen... this is serious... if this case ends up televised, I will not, can not watch the evidence of indecent exposure. Nope. For my own mental health, I will refrain. Just the thoughts are making me ill... please NO.. just NO!!

Do we know if the search is over at TM and Sm property?
I have to believe that LE has some kind of plan for the way this is being played out. Neighbors have reported that LE has been present near the Ms home daily and there are multiple LE agencies working this. Seems way too large for an obstruction charge and indecent exposure charges.
Also I do not think the indecent exposure charges could have anything to do with her children being present or the charges would be much harsher.
All this is MOO

I keep thinking about that too. They want the Moorer's to know they are being watched, but why? Do they think the Moorer's are meeting with someone, or revisiting a certain place, perhaps getting rid of evidence? What was dingleberry doing running about Georgetown County at 1:30 AM the other day?

The other thing for me is their children. I can't shake the feeling that they are being homeschooled to keep them away from other people. Anyone KWIM? Hard to verbalize ...

I could see her using the term "home schooling" to make it seem like she actually does more than she does.....cyber school is really self directed. She certainly doesn't seem like she spends a lot of time actually "teaching" with all of her social media rants and what-not!

I could see that, too. With the online school, there are actual teachers on the other end of the computer screen who do the educating, grading, etc so very little work for parents. Students earn a public school degree.

I imagine she homeschools so they can visit the happiest place on earth as much as they want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think LE had probable cause to seize their vehicles and remove other items from their home. More charges are likely to come IMO.

Haven't read up on HPD, but IMO she is a textbook Narcissist.

That's what I thought too until I read about Histrionics which apparently has more of a sexual aspect to it...also men are more likely to be narcissists while women tend to be more histrionic. It sounds like histrionics are really just narcissists that are obsessed with showing everyone how sexy and desirable they are.

Obstruction of justice charge may be related to deleting cell phone and computer files that are retrievable by LE. JMO

I agree. The kids might be kept out of the house with the sex charges. Plus now LE can keep a closer eye on them and maybe now they can't leave the state. Not sure about that with pending charges. But it certainly puts the pressure on her.

In NY they might put a monitoring bracelet on her..not sure about SC, anybody?

I am waiting for a reporter attending the hearing to give an update on the proceedings. So far all that has been reported is information available on the public index site . Keeping fingers crossed..there are charges pending or something that would keep her in jail longer. Something more serious to warrant what the Moorer children experienced yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha