SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was asked already, but was there any evidence that a boat had been in the water nearby? Just wondering if that is how the car was there by itself and maybe how someone got away, with or without HE?

I'v been told that the car was facing the ramp, as if the driver backed out of a plan to drive it into the water. Keys in the car, HE's purse with drivers license debit card inside.

Its hearsay, but credible hearsay from people who knows her.
and I believe it because it was less than 48 hours since she was known to be last in contact with anyone. I don't think they would have been able to claim her as a missing person until atleast 48 hours after unless they have probable suspicion of something foul.

I learned so much from Samantha Koenig's threads. James Koenig has become a hero of sorts to me. There was so much that people judged, including myself, and we were waaaaay off. Some of us were right on target with it being serial & I'm proud of that, but I'm not happy with some of my posts that went along with people questioning donation money, how a certain person acted or things that person said. I'll never in my life do that again bc there truly isn't a rule book on things to say & how to act when a loved one goes missing. The point I'm making is this: Much stuff was going on behind the scenes that the public had no idea about. It's very easy to jump the gun and judge le in this case but sometimes they might be going above & beyond...just can't release details bc it'll jeopardize their case. To the public, the perp could appear to be a certain type. However to le, the perp sought could fit a totally different type. If its serial, I tend to think le will take a beating but keeping info close to the vest is the right thing to do. Heck, even if its not serial, the right thing to do is protect the integrity of the case by not releasing evidence.
I keep thinking of the le in the Holly Bobo case. How inept they were and the backwards things they did.

I'v been told that the car was facing the ramp, as if the driver backed out of a plan to drive it into the water. Keys in the car, HE's purse with drivers license debit card inside.

and I believe it because it was less than 48 hours since she was known to be last in contact with anyone. I don't think they would have been able to claim her as a missing person until atleast 48 hours after unless they have probable suspicion of something foul.

I still think she drove somewhere either to someones house or to pick someone up. I dont think you push it in because of noise.

also why peachtree landing?? out of all the places in town to have her car turn up. she was last known to be at home far far from peach tree. the ramp seems like a convenient way to hide the car in water. there have been talks about perhaps peachtree was a hang out spot... I never hung out at that place! its dark and creepy as hell. maybe if you were a teen who didn't have a car and lived close by I can see that being a good spot to go with neighborhood friends and smoke weed in without getting caught. Even then though... nope. She was 20, not 15 and had left her old neighborhood by peachtree behind. if she was going back there it was to visit family or friends in their house.

Strange that her phone wasn't left in the car, if the keys, purse, license and debit card were. I find myself waking up at night thinking about her and what could have happened. If she just moved into the complex two weeks ago, and her roommate is gone, perfect opportunity for someone that's been watching her to strike. Do we know when the roomie left town?

I still think she drove somewhere either to someones house or to pick someone up. I dont think you push it in because of noise.

there are homes right by the landing, perhaps thats exactly why the perp backed out of the plan and bailed the area. the fear of waking someone up in the middle of the night and getting spotted.

also why peachtree landing?? out of all the places in town to have her car turn up. she was last known to be at home far far from peach tree. the ramp seems like a convenient way to hide the car in water. there have been talks about perhaps peachtree was a hang out spot... I never hung out at that place! its dark and creepy as hell. maybe if you were a teen who didn't have a car and lived close by I can see that being a good spot to go with neighborhood friends and smoke weed in without getting caught. Even then though... nope. She was 20, not 15 and had left her old neighborhood by peachtree behind. if she was going back there it was to visit family or friends in their house.

I find that area creepy during the day! I can't see a young woman driving there alone that late at night.

there are homes right by the landing, perhaps thats exactly why the perp backed out of the plan and bailed the area. the fear of waking someone up in the middle of the night and getting spotted.

Could also be whomever wasnt strong enough to push it in. I know thats silly but it happens.

if this is true and if it was a serial killing the perp knew the area too well for my comfort to be able to pick the landing as a place to quietly dump the car. but he didn't think about the houses by the landing and how you could break a bottle on the pavement and wake everyone in the vicinity.

you can't really just google the landing if your shopping for a ramp to water as a tourist. my finger is pointing towards a local with knowledge of the area, unprovable to be a serialist. although I'll never rule anything out until things become clearer.

Could also be whomever wasnt strong enough to push it in. I know thats silly but it happens.

how would you do it? brick on the gas pedal? Too much noise? you could NOT push it in without some part of the vehicle sticking out above water. its not a dead fall down past the ramp.

Can someone please explain to me what tumblr is and how it's used? tia

if this is true and if it was a serial killing the perp knew the area too well for my comfort to be able to pick the landing as a place to quietly dump the car. but he didn't think about the houses by the landing and how you could break a bottle on the pavement and wake everyone in the vicinity.

you can't really just google the landing if your shopping for a ramp to water as a tourist. my finger is pointing towards a local with knowledge of the area, unprovable to be a serialist. although I'll never rule anything out until things become clearer.

Not to mention if they have cameras in certain places and they dont have her car on camera. Does this mean the person new where the local cameras were

Mysterons-I thought the same thing when I read the position of the car looked like it could possibly be an aborted attempt to get rid of it in the water. If Heather was attacked at her condo, Peachtree Landing is very close to where she lived and a very convenient dump spot. To me the location and disposition of the carb could point to an inexperienced perp who is local or least knows the area well. Or, of course, the car could just be a red herring.

I really hope that there is a lot going on behind the scenes with LE, but I'm also skeptical because HCPD does not have a great track record. I think HCPD is shooting itself in the foot by not releasing any information about the case to the public. There are so many people in the community who want to
help find Heather and so often these things are solved by a tip from the public.

how would you do it? brick on the gas pedal? Too much noise? you could NOT push it in without some part of the vehicle sticking out above water. its not a dead fall down past the ramp.

I agree with you, I dont think you can push it in. The noise alone would draw attention. I think your right though in thinking the intent was to push it in.

I agree with you on this.. I do feel however like she would have hung out and partied there on occasion. We own a river house as well down the road and I used to camp.. Party.. Hang out., fish or whatever at our landing. When you grow up on those roads and in those wood your unfortunately not as uncomfortable there as we should be.

Question still remains.. The perp left the car at Peachtree but where is Heather?! Did she make it to the landing that night with her car or was she somewhere else before. To make accurate scenarios sometimes we need to get in the minds of these perps which is harder than it seems for the normal decent folks left around here

I have been wondering about the condo. What kind of condition, signs of a struggle, stuff missing etc...

I agree with you, I dont think you can push it in. The noise alone would draw attention. I think your right though in thinking the intent was to push it in.

Verrrrry true! Odds are the car wouldn't have left the ramp and even still.. People around here know how the waccamaw water line may be high today and extremely shallow tomorrow. They know this river is not deep nor wide enough to cover a car involved in a crime for very long.

Not to mention if they have cameras in certain places and they dont have her car on camera. Does this mean the person new where the local cameras were

There are only 3 routes from river oaks to the landing. up 501 taking hwy 31 into 544 and turning into peachtree rd. or up 501 into forest brook rd. onto peachtree. BOTH BYPASSING THE DRAWBRIDGE CAMERA. or down south on 501 taking 17th onto socastee blvd and being caught on camera taking the draw bridge.

take alook at this link. marked routes are tabled on the bottom left in capitol letters
http://bit.ly/1gdmRQ9

Another possibilty the person responsible could be a girl.

Hi everyone! I've been reading all the threads for a couple of days now in ref to HE. I had trouble registering; thank you mods for the help.
With that said I would like to respectively correct some local information that has been posted. I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach. My aunt owns the home over looking the river at the very end of Peachtree Rd on the left if you are at the water from the landing. They have owned this property for several generations. There is a lot of land to the left of the boat landing that just looks like woods but there are many homes right there; you can get a better look on Google Earth. Also I have owned boats my entire life and know the water in this area as well as the roads. From Peachtree landing you go left and follow the river around to the Intracoastal Waterway (a/b a ten minute ride) or go right and it winds around to Conway (a/b a 30 minute ride). There are many, many homes along both routes. These waters near Peachtree are heavily traveled not only during the summer but also now with fishermen (small boats not big vessels ie. shrimp boats) and hunters.
Peachtree Rd is not one way in one way out. You can take Mill Pond Rd which winds back around west to Hwy 544 and off Mill Pond Rd you can get on Hwy 814. Also the jurisdiction of the HE case is Horry County PD. Socastee is actually Myrtle Beach 29588 but is not in the city limits. River Oaks is not considered Carolina Forest, it's West Myrtle Beach. CF is approx. 4 miles west toward Conway. Again just wanted to clarify.

Morning everyone. Just getting in and caught up on thread 2, but wanted to post this before I forgot, that this stood out to me (see BBM above re: Conway). jmo.

Thanks everyone for your awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member