SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A shot in the dark...could Heather have been going to mail a Christmas package at a drop box somewhere?

There is a site (or technology available) where people use satellite images to search for ground images. I'm not sure what areas it covers, but it's called TOMNOD. It might be possible to see a car (or something else of interest) on the site if it covers the MB area. It is updated quite frequently, maybe every several days, and the images have a date stamp.

:bump:

Beba.. I cannot imagine HElvis going to PTL willingly. I have asked my daughters what they have heard over the years about PTL..they both said it is rumored to be a hang out for young people/those still in high school to drink or smoke. My oldest has friends who live down Peachtree..they said the place is deserted after midnight.

I remember reading a couple posts wondering if Heather was going there to meet someone to party.. Heather did not live with her parents, her roommate was out of town so she had the condo all to herself.. not reason for her to be meeting someone there to party or to score.

hmmmmmmm

Just thinking out loud...could Heather have witnessed something she shouldn't have (that night or previously)?

I wonder what LE has gathered up to this point re: any potential troubles at work, either with a certain coworker(s), customer, etc.

After being out there,
<respectfully snipped>

I stuck my hands in that water a few times this weekend. It will take your breath away, it's so cold. Highly doubt anyone would wade into the water...for any purpose.

Thanks for going out there, CharlieJ. And good to know about the water temp. :)

VERY long walk.

If someone was drugged out, or had the adrenaline pumping, it might not have seemed that long, or he could have had extra "energy"...or he could have rested up along the way...
(I doubt it, but who knows at this point)

As a local i can tell you no one has parties right at the landing, but if you turn down hwy 814 which is off peachtree there are side roads that lead to these ponds. Kids have always gone there and had bonfires. I just have feel whoever she met lives off peachtree and that was a convent place to meet..

:bump:

http://namus.gov/
namus.gov

NamUs provides free DNA testing and other forensic services, such as anthropology and odontology assistance. NamUs' Missing Persons Database and Unidentified

Namus - National Missing and Unidentified Persons System

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before or not... but I was looking at the crime maps on Trulia & noticed a rape was reported on the 18th of December on Mill Pond Rd... only a little over a mile from Peachtree Landing. I mapped it out on Google.

PeachtreeVSRapejpg_zpsddc04601.jpg

good find cujenn81

Cemeteries have played a role in some cases here, in Mickey S's IIRC, among others...

Where are the closest cemeteries?

What about shipyards, boat maintenance places, etc...

Not saying this is of any significance whatsoever, but I noticed her roommate is listed as employed at another resort very close to Blue Harbor in May 2013...I wonder if she had any shady coworkers there?

Or who her friends are? Would there be someone who could be obsessed with HE? Or obsessed with the roommate and didn't know she was out of town?

I noticed on the FB page that a friend of the family is asking for students who have graduated in the last 5 years and live in the Soccastee area to phone him. I feel that there has to be someone in the community that knows something, saw something or has heard something. It would be a good idea for parents to sit down with their kids (even their 20, 21, 22 year adult kids) and explain the severity of this situation and urge them to share anything no matter how large or small it may be.

BOLDED by me I also believe she didn't drive there but the person who did felt comfortable enough to know the area and leave the car there. They also needed a way back ,which leads me to believe more than one person is involved in this crime.

Possibly a car jacking?

Been following along with all of you since the beginning. Still behind a few pages, so still catching up.

edited: found an answer!

I hope they find her soon, it doesn't seem good though. I live in NC on the coast. With all the waterways and the tourists, it seems there are so many possibilities that are not positive its hard to stay positive that this will turn out well. God Bless her family, and hopefully finding her soon.
Kelly

Just thinking out loud, but it seems at this point LE does not seem to think the condo is a crime scene yet, the car was very far from her condo.

Could be possible she finished up the call to the roommate and realized she left something in the car, and was taken then? Since it seems out of character for her to be at PTL, and so secluded that she would have to be comfortable with the person she is meeting there, it could explain how the car came into play. She had the keys to unlock the door of the car, may not have had her purse with her so would explain why not found in car (if they haven't seems speculation much found in car but keys).

It would seem for this scenario to work, someone would likely be waiting for the opportunity.

Kelly

I'm still trying to remain positive and I fully support LE however they are doing so much damage by not releasing where she went on that date that night. The people that were at the same place could have information they aren't even aware of.

I appreciate all our LE does here in horry county however I think they need to swallow their pride and hand this case over to someone more equipped to solve it.! I'm also wondering of the family has hired a private investigator? They are also good at their jobs.. Anything or any news is great at this point

We have been left in the dark far too long an it's making it harder and harder to find Heather

Again, thank you DMiller70 for the great screenshots. :)

This is awesome imagery, can't thank you enough. If you get the chance please add for me the property that the family owns on Peachtree. Won't put an exact address here but I mentioned it first when I found that out in thread 1

I noticed going through her facebook photos that she has a necklace with the "cancer" zodiac symbol that she wore in a lot of her pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli