SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this picture of all the detectives giving SM the stare-down as he enters. The look to me just screams "we got your a$$ son!"
Good job to all LE for their tireless efforts. I may not have been in "our time" but it seems like they covered all their bases! :tyou:
Now let's get Heather home for her family!!

This morning when I saw that, I thought they had that planned out. The one of TM is not as good as that, but I wondered if on hers, if the man with the big hair, to her left, is her attorney.

I'm not a legal professional, but from what I've read and been told, a finite amount of time is not a factor in kidnapping. IOW, if you and I were standing in a room and you started to leave and I stopped you (by coercion, physical force, etc), I could be charged with kidnapping -- even if you were allowed to leave soon after. BUT, like I said earlier...making that charge stick to a guilty verdict might not be an easy case for LE.

MOO is that LE heaped on the kidnapping charges on because they will go for Murder 1 and the DP (regardless of what MSM is saying now). SC does have the Death Penalty. Also, MOO... but LE will use the DP option to try to persuade TM/SM to roll over on the other, and plea bargain down to a lesser sentence.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M WAITING FOR AND I DON'T BELIEVE THEY WILL EVER GET ANYTHING OUT OF TM, it will have to come from SM when he's left no choice but to save his a$$ !!!

I love this picture of all the detectives giving SM the stare-down as he enters. The look to me just screams "we got your a$$ son!"
Good job to all LE for their tireless efforts. I may not have been in "our time" but it seems like they covered all their bases! :tyou:
Now let's get Heather home for her family!!

BBM Just had to say thank you LE! Great job
I did not realize how small SM is compared to the men around him......

I thought it was Horry - "hoar-ry" - too, until someone posted yesterday that it's pronounced Orry. What's with the "h," then? Is it like Illinois, with its silent "s"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went I went for Jury Duty in Conway, I swear they said "Ewwww-Ray" County.

<snipped for brevity>
LE has been tailing these two from day one. As soon as LE figured out they could get the IE charges they tacked on kidnapping. They needed them out of the residence this weekend. This has always been about nailing them. As horrible and awful and sad as it is for those holding out hope Heather would be found alive...I think that LE knew from day one she was likely murdered. They were trying to build a case.
<snipped>

BBM - I think there is more truth here than any of us know for sure.

how did this link even get posted, it's totally not anything about Heather?!
I thought they'd been charged with burglary now... not so...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

armed robbery ! I'll post another link.........

The poster was comparing kidnapping charges.

Just reread that infamous FB post by Tammy wher she says Sid had sex with Heather 3 times in HEATHER'S car. If LE finds dna in one of the Moorer'r car...well they have it in Tammy's own FB status that it was in Heather's and nothing else...

Good point!

Also, in that same post you reference, Tammy starts with "Sidney cheated on me." Just want to point out that is NOT an "open marriage." You don't use the words "cheated on me" in an open marriage. I think later she called it "open" to save face. And I think her claims about having a boyfriend herself were also just trying to portray that she is always in control, no matter what happens.

Just reread that infamous FB post by Tammy wher she says Sid had sex with Heather 3 times in HEATHER'S car. If LE finds dna in one of the Moorer'r car...well they have it in Tammy's own FB status that it was in Heather's and nothing else...

THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTS TO MAKE OTHERS BELIEVE(just because he may have told her that to play it down) ! THAT IS EQUIVALENT TO BEING PULLED OVER FOR DRUNK DRIVING AND SAYING "OFFICER, I only had 2 beers ! Classic!!! Yeah, right .IMO

BBM Just had to say thank you LE! Great job
I did not realize how small SM is compared to the men around him......

He is 5'8". And yes. Love the looks on all their faces (LE). They got their man. And they got their woman. Good for them. It wasn't in our time or Heather's family's time. But they kept at them. Enough that I hope that it sticks with a jury and all appeals are lost. I hope that one of them spills where it is possible to find Heather but these folks don't seem the type. And after hearing about SM being ticked off to be in jail...it doesn't seem he feels badly enough about what happened to Heather to give in. They will likely roll the dice and hope at least one of them gets acquitted. :(

I'm not a legal professional, but from what I've read and been told, a finite amount of time is not a factor in kidnapping. IOW, if you and I were standing in a room and you started to leave and I stopped you (by coercion, physical force, etc), I could be charged with kidnapping -- even if you were allowed to leave soon after. BUT, like I said earlier...making that charge stick to a guilty verdict might not be an easy case for LE.

MOO is that LE heaped on the kidnapping charges on because they will go for Murder 1 and the DP (regardless of what MSM is saying now). SC does have the Death Penalty. Also, MOO... but LE will use the DP option to try to persuade TM/SM to roll over on the other, and plea bargain down to a lesser sentence.

(picking random post to bounce this question off of)

This made me wonder what the difference was between kidnapping and false imprisonment

False Imprisonment
The illegal confinement of one individual against his or her will by another individual in such a manner as to violate the confined individual's right to be free from restraint of movement.

An individual whose conduct constitutes the tort of false imprisonment might also be charged with committing the crime of Kidnapping, since the same pattern of conduct may provide grounds for both. However, kidnapping may require that other facts be shown, such as the removal of the victim from one place to another.
(source)

You can be charged with kidnapping, acquitted, and charged with false imprisonment instead. REALLY interesting read on the distinction (don't mind my caveman like search term wording that apparently gets included in the link)

"Asportation" must include "detachment, movement, or carrying away."

So IMO it has to be more than just having her at PTL and not letting her leave PTL, even though the distinction leaves room for subjectivity ("may require"). But that statement doesn't mesh with the fact that LE has said she went to PTL willingly.

So unless there's something major we're not being told it pretty much has to be the fact that they moved her from somewhere at PTL into one of their vehicles. But how could they determine that with just the presence of DNA in the car? How did they rule out she wasn't killed in the car somewhere besides PTL? Someone must be talking, right?

I think the point was those 2 guys never took the woman out of her house, but confined her there for a short period of time, and they were charged with kidnapping.

Does anyone know where the Moorers were employed?? Thanks..

He owned his own maintnance company Palmetto Maintance (it's on Angie's list). She was allegedly a travel agent for Disney. But kind of in a stay at home agent way. She also homeschooled the M kids.

I can't help but wonder if there are other young gals out there... Who had liaisons with SM... Heaving a big sigh of relief that they "got away"... With their lives..

:waitasec:

Just noticed that the Destination channel,on Direct TV, is all about Disney cruises and vacations next week...including on TM's birthday I think, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore