SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #22 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a difficult time believing that she was killed at PTL. On a still night sound travels well. Even voices would have been heard. Between screaming, yelling or if Heather had a panic button on car remote it would have been heard. Even a scuffle. I'm with everything you have except that I believe this was the kidnapping location and whatever happened to her was elsewhere. Probably SM invited her into his truck and told her he would tell her the details while they talked things out on a drive. She was taken then when she got in the truck.

If everything did happen at PTL, then it had to happen quickly before Heather could react. A blunt object or strangled. A blitz attack or an ambush set up with TM already at PTL (the temperatures were mild that night). Or SM was already at PTL and it was arranged for TM to drive up in SM's truck. When the truck pulled up she might have gotten out of her car and TM left the truck headlights on TM could have struck while the lights were in her eyes.

But if a murder happened at PTL, why the kidnapping charge?

I wonder if LE was still busy searching for those two who escaped nearby-they shot & killed some innocent good samaritan. They found 1 a week later but I never heard if they found the other?

I have heard in different cases where a killer cleans the car inside, but blood gets trapped underneath the floor boards and inside the door panel. When they find it, that usually means there was enough blood spilled that the person is most likely dead. So maybe this is what led to the murder charges.

Something like in the Kaylee Anthony case?

How long do those types of tests take?

Kelly

someone here stated 72 hours-altho w/all agencies involved-who knows? maybe that's why initial was IE on Fri & by Sun they had murder?we may never hear until trial...

Is luring someone to a location with the intent to harm them considered kidnapping? I don't think so, but thought I would ask.

Maybe. If you look at SC law:

South Carolina Code 16-3-910. Kidnapping
Whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

inveigle: persuade (someone) to do something by means of deception or flattery, i.e., beguile or trick

If anyone can clarify this for me I would appreciate it. I have followed on and off. I have had a good look at the Dis log freakiness.
Were TM and Hubby cleaning contractors or some sort of contractors on those cruises - cos they don't seem to engage with other people, don't seem to be around when other people are, and don't like their kids mixing. The photos are of empty places a lot of the time. It is all about the cruise and not about the port. Or is it just me?
Do I just not 'get' the culture?

I think you don't get the culture, lol. It's not uncommon to see pics of empty restaurants and hotel rooms on the DIS. Posters there like to see the decor details, etc.

I think TM posted that last cruise only had like 60% occupancy. That might be why she was able to get so many "empty" pics. I think they might afford her a little extra access as well, because of her Disney TA training (sorry, I don't know exactly what to call it. I know they do some training directly through Disney and earn some kind of certification.)

Maybe. If you look at SC law:

South Carolina Code 16-3-910. Kidnapping
Whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

inveigle: persuade (someone) to do something by means of deception or flattery, i.e., beguile or trick

That would make sense with the information we have about phone calls.

Kelly

If Heather's blood was found in TM's vehicle, they may have determined kidnapping from that, I suppose, if they assumed she would not get in to willingly. But now I wonder if the kidnapping charges are going away, replaced by murder, due to LE's statement about it probably not being a death penalty case,since they usually require charges besides murder. I thought kidnapping and murder meant DP eligible, in DP states.

Also, it is unlikely it would take twenty minutes to notice a "scene of crime" at Heather's car so I believe her dad was talking about after seeing where car was, calling a bunch of people, etc. he knew she had not just parked it there...but not from seeing anything in or around car, IMO.

Also...as far as either suspect "cracking" and confessing...not sure why they would, with her not being found. Right now, LE has to first prove she is deceased and then connect them to her murder. They might start feeling pretty cocky about her not being found. JMO

If Heather's blood was found in TM's vehicle, they may have determined kidnapping from that, I suppose, if they assumed she would not get in to willingly. But now I wonder if the kidnapping charges are going away, replaced by murder, due to LE's statement about it probably not being a death penalty case,since they usually require charges besides murder. I thought kidnapping and murder meant DP eligible, in DP states.

Also, it is unlikely it would take twenty minutes to notice a "scene of crime" at Heather's car so I believe her dad was talking about after seeing where car was, calling a bunch of people, etc. he knew she had not just parked it there...but not from seeing anything in or around car, IMO.

Also...as far as either suspect "cracking" and confessing...not sure why they would, with her not being found. Right now, LE has to first prove she is deceased and then connect them to her murder. They might start feeling pretty cocky about her not being found. JMO

See, I wonder if finding HE DNA in TM truck really is a smoking gun. SM could have driven it. LE had been following them for some time. TM's attorney probably could have a field day with LE having notes/video whatever of SM driving around town in the truck by himself. That doesn't seem to automatically implicate her per se.

It would seem that it would be much more conclusive TM was involved. Was it the footage they found showing SM/TM together at that time? We don't know at this time how they even suspect this went down. Was the truck the weapon and they have footage of damage with both SM/TM in the truck? And then found evidence at the home later of HE being there after she died?

Its just interesting to think what LE has that connects the dots.

Kelly

If the evidence is found in the new truck (didn't read earlier that TM just got a new truck in Nov?), what does that do to SM's statement in the police report that 'he had not SEEN her since October'? This will not look good to a jury. They may never confess, but there may be enough evidence in the right places to get a conviction.

Although you never know. The one who makes a deal first - with a location of a body - wins a lighter sentence. Say, 20-25 years instead of life imprisonment. ["Honestly, sheriff, I thought we were just going to scare her, I didn't think he (she) was going to go that far."]

If the evidence is found in the new truck (didn't read earlier that TM just got a new truck in Nov?), what does that do to SM's statement in the police report that 'he had not SEEN her since October'? This will not look good to a jury. They may never confess, but there may be enough evidence in the right places to get a conviction.

Although you never know. The one who makes a deal first - with a location of a body - wins a lighter sentence. Say, 20-25 years instead of life imprisonment. ["Honestly, sheriff, I thought we were just going to scare her, I didn't think he (she) was going to go that far."]

Yeah, true.

I do have to wonder too have there been any repairs done to the new truck. Headlight fixed or bumper?

Combine that with the fact he hadn't seen her by his own admission since Oct. Anything DNA or other evidence in the truck proves his statement false.

Kelly

I also think heater posted the tumbler pics....none of them were raunchy. I've seen much worse.

I've been thinking about the date and BW. Neither are talking. My guess is they both have very pertinent information and are following strict orders from LE to zip it.

Where is the nearest house in relation to PTL? The lady who saw HE's car there...was she seeing it from her home or was passing it on her way home? I asked this on the other thread and never saw a map or sky view.

I was thinking along the lines, TM's fingerprints. She would have no reason to be in the car. If I remember correctly she is on the taller side too, so the seat being pulled back could indicate either. Blood? Was it immediately considered foul play. You would think the initial police officer would have sent for back up right away instead of finding the address of the owner and going to TE's house. So I am led to believe that there were not outward signs that there was anything amiss. IMHO

And yes, keyless remote. I have accidently hit the lock button getting out of the car before and the car automatically beeps twice and locks. Its like out of the Christine movie. I suppose that could have happened.

Kelly

I think the responding officer may have just seen a locked parked car and ran the plates. That kind of leads me to believe it was once TE arrived and opened the car that they found something suspicious. . .maybe after going through it a bit. OR since HE wasn't in it, and TE probably tried to call her and she didn't answer they looked around a bit to make sure she wasn't hurt nearby.

I believe if evidence was found it was in one of the vehicles processed after Friday's search. Blood, urine if a body was moved. Lab tests usually take a long time, but most of that is due to the backlog at labs. If they got on this right away in the lab, they could have DNA processed and matched in 48 hours. We had the search starting Friday morning. When did the murder charges come out? Sunday? Monday?

I still think it sounds like LE is confident that the murder happened at PTL. If the evidence was only found in the truck, then they could have taken her anywhere and PTL would not be listed as the scene on the arrest warrants. That doesn't mean they didn't find evidence in the trucks though. It's with the "process of elimination" verbage that makes me think they had something from PTL, but couldn't link it to anyone until after the search at the Moorer's.

As far as kidnapping, it can mean not allowing someone to leave, as in confine. If they killed her in her car, that could be enough. Or if they blocked her car in, that might count too. I really think they were stalling in order to process the evidence they needed for the murder charges anyway.

All MOO!

See, I wonder if finding HE DNA in TM truck really is a smoking gun. SM could have driven it. LE had been following them for some time. TM's attorney probably could have a field day with LE having notes/video whatever of SM driving around town in the truck by himself. That doesn't seem to automatically implicate her per se.

It would seem that it would be much more conclusive TM was involved. Was it the footage they found showing SM/TM together at that time? We don't know at this time how they even suspect this went down. Was the truck the weapon and they have footage of damage with both SM/TM in the truck? And then found evidence at the home later of HE being there after she died?

Its just interesting to think what LE has that connects the dots.

Kelly

DNA mix of TM's with Heather? Heather's being blood, TM, skin cells, on an object? Something like that?

I don't know if PTL was a place Heather and SM had ever met before, but what really disturbs me is how, if it was planned, this would be the perfect place to "corner" her. Nowhere to go, particularly if they blocked her car in.

bZmT3.AuSt.78.jpeg

I've never understood how they said her car was parked. Can someone who knows, and knows how to "edit" this photo, somehow indicate how/where her car was parked?

I've never understood how they said her car was parked. Can someone who knows, and knows how to "edit" this photo, somehow indicate how/where her car was parked?

They said it was parked sideways, so I'm assuming parallel to the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, "they" is Terry Elvis and the officer who told him "his" car was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member