SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #23 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If things were reversed and she had been arrested for a crime, one like TM and SM have been, she wouldn't be called a little girl or her parents little girl. She would be considered a woman and probably a monster, just like TM is.

I did not say she died because of her ACTIONS, I said she died from one of her adult DECISIONS. There is a difference. I'm not blaming the victim. I'm sadly shaking my head that she made decisions in her life that brought these people into it and these people murdered her. Their actions are deplorable. IMO

Sorry if I took it wrong... I feel like there is still a lot of victim blaming in the community and I may be over sensitive to it and just took it wrong.

Hello sleuthers. :seeya: First post here (how did I never know about this forum before now?!) and have to say I am really impressed with the way the board is ran from what I have seen so far. Far different than the Dis boards where I first met TM. :facepalm: I was trying to read everything before I finally posted, but this above made me have to go ahead and jump on in.

I don't know if I should say this and if any of it is not allowed, please don't ban me, lol, but snip away. I know them (as in person, face to face know them). Up until a few days ago when their pages were removed, you would see we were still FB friends. This case came to my attention a few weeks into the new year when TM contacted a mutual friend about trying to get a new job. Since that is all hearsay, I won't relay that, but that is the time I really started digging and really paying attention to her FB rants, as well as going back into her timeline to read more. I have a slew of my own opinions on what went on, but needless to say, it did not take me long to realize this person was not who I thought they were at first and both my instincts and brain were in line when they told me to no longer interact with her. I admit I didn't delete her, because honestly, I didn't want to lose that ability to snoop. I was unaware that so much of her stuff remained public for the world to see.

Just speculation, of course, but IMO I think all these 'shots fired' reports was her way of working on a set-up. If SM stepped out of line and revealed anything, it is JMO that she would have shot him but made it seem like the lynch mob did it and that is how she kept him in line. It would explain his change in looks, the weight loss, his whooped dog look.

JMO, I do think she would harm him because I think she believes he has harmed the family. He has ruined her fantasy life and I believe she kowtowed him into going her way or she would remove him from the picture. What a picture that would paint if she framed him solely and suddenly became the grieving and broken widow of a man gone astray! Anyway, just my opinion. I have lots. :twocents:

What a great first post! Welcome!
:welcome4::welcome4:

I just don't see why either would talk at all, unless she is found. Once she is found, they have no chance, IMO, while for now, they can think of possible acquittal. JMO

I could see one of them ..SM...talking for a plea deal. Moo

I'm wondering if they will even tell Sidney they moved her or if they will tell her they didn't move Sidney along with her. She might not know that they have been separated. Ya know?

Good points! They will find out from their lawyers if they haven't been told anyway. I wish we could see both their reactions when they are told!

I SO hope this case gets change of venue to Florence County but I have a feeling it would go closer Columbia or Greenville if one is granted. We share same general media w/ Horry County, but the searches, posters, billboards, vigils etc weren't front and center every corner in Florence Co either.

I am thinking it would move to Charleston because of convenience but different media.

Fairest of them all, there has been many cases where the perp was taken out to locate their victims, as per a plea agreement. SK Gary Ridgeway 40+ victims over a period of months(WA- The green river task force built a cell for GR in an unknown location for secrecy), SK Gary Hilton >Meredith Hope Emerson(GA), SK Brandon S, Lavergne >Mickey Shunick(LA), and SK Henry Lee Lucas(TX) number of victims unknown >estimated in the hundreds.. SK Pee Wee Gaskins(SC).. These are only a few..

Well the one that I was referring to was brandon lavergne....

I am thinking it would move to Charleston because of convenience but different media.

I was thinking maybe charleston, too. My boyfriend graduated from The Citadel and we were thinking that Charleston would be far enough and 'isolated' enough that it wouldn't be as sensational a story as it would be in other parts of SC.

I believe that if a trial is moved to a different county, some of the criteria is:

1. The new county is a different media market, but remains in the same state.
2. The new county has a similar demographics and population with the original county.

This case is why people should never get involved with a married individual. You never know how the spouse will react after finding out even worse when children involved. Can turn the person your cheating on into a murdering psycho. Younger people don't think about the risk of being killed over an affair. IT HAPPENS. In most cases the cheater NEVER leaves their family. Would you really want that person in your life anyway? Once a cheater always a cheater. Look what happened to Tori Spelling now her husband cheating on her. Go figure. Not worth the outcomes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a few pages behind (5 or 6?) so forgive me if this has been addressed. I can't help but agree with this post, as shameful as I feel. I was 24 (10 years ago) when I became involved with a married co-worker....I didn't know at first that he was married but even after finding out I believed everything he said. I dated him for almost 6 months, the final 2 months were him telling me how "awful" his wife was, how unhappy he was, blah blah blah. I believed everything he said! I don't remember my reason for finally ending it but I did. I remember when ***** hit the fan though....she was angry and blamed everything on me....(and I don't blame her, I was knowingly screwing around with a married man).

She was so hateful toward me (which i deserved) that she was literally scaring the hell out of me. Phone calls, text messages, etc. I was afraid to go anywhere alone.

Not sure how I but I finally came to my senses....my memory is a little fuzzy. I just checked him out on FB and he's divorced now. Shocking.

It must be horrible for her parents...her father had said he never approved of her working at TK but that it was her life (when he was on JVM show) and now, if only she hadn't, she likely would not have met SM and &&&&&. Must be hard not to think of all of the "what ifs" IMO.

Yeh, it probably is very hard. I have adult children and they've made some decision I find not so good. I even told them at the time they weren't very good decisions.

My heart goes out to her parents. It is hard to have an adult child that decides things you don't agree with. And then to have it end like this has got to be extremely painful. They probably think if they had only tried harder to get her not to work there, etc. The "what ifs" as you said. But the fact of the matter is, that she was an adult, she was living on her own, she had her own apartment and her own vehicle, her own job, her own life.

I know when my SIL committed suicide there were a lot of "what ifs". I think we all go through it when bad things happen.

I could see one of them ..SM...talking for a plea deal. Moo

What kind of deal, I wonder? LE said no DP, as far as they can tell. A chance at parole one day? If they were both there and both took part, and LE seems to think they can prove that, I hope there is not much leeway to be offered. Of course, if she is not found...that makes everything even less certain in front of a jury, IMO.

RE: Change of venue

Informed jurors is no reason for striking them or a venue change, imo..

HE's story has been on National, State, and Local MSM/Internet Social Media. Doutful that there are many folks from SC that hasn't heard of Heather's murder.
Not sure about SC, but there has only been 3 changes of venue granted in FL's history; C Anthony, T Bundy, and a LEO/FST murderer.

What kind of deal, I wonder? LE said no DP, as far as they can tell. A chance at parole one day? If they were both there and both took part, and LE seems to think they can prove that, I hope there is not much leeway to be offered. Of course, if she is not found...that makes everything even less certain in front of a jury, IMO.

I think a plea deal will come into play only if LE has some good solid evidence even without a body otherwise we could see another acquittal like in the Casey Anthony case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I

From a psychological point-of-view (based on fact based assumptions), a "strong" female interrogator could come in and "take the reins" with SM in TM's absence, hopefully guiding him toward cooperation or even confession.

Not without the permission of SM's attorney will there be any "interrogation."

It must be horrible for her parents...her father had said he never approved of her working at TK but that it was her life (when he was on JVM show) and now, if only she hadn't, she likely would not have met SM and &&&&&. Must be hard not to think of all of the "what ifs" IMO.

Wonderful post!

Jumping off your post: IMO It's like too bad the people that died in the movie theater that night didn't make a choice not to go to the movies, because there have been other shootings in public gatherings - is blaming the victim IMO.

Sorry if I took it wrong... I feel like there is still a lot of victim blaming in the community and I may be over sensitive to it and just took it wrong.

NP. I wasn't bashing HE. Poor thing. I really haven't seen anyone bashing HE. She was the victim in this. Unfortunately, sometimes our victims lead a lifestyle or make choices that ultimately result in their missing status or death. It's a fact, but it doesn't make them guilty of ultimately being killed or taken, that solely lies at the doorstep of whoever decided to take them or their lives. It's a delicate balance, to be able to voice the circumstances in which brought our victim to where they ended up, but without blaming them for it. The responsibility for their death or missing status is always at the hand of whoever took them.

It's awful to bash the victim, imo it further victimizes them. Heck, we can't even bash the culprits. LOL

Possibly a plea for parole and I don't think these two will go long without talking. I think one of them will tell LE where HE is. Of course I'm going on pure gut feelings...I feel there will be convictions for the accused even without a body. :moo:

Wonderful post!

Jumping off your post: IMO It's like too bad the people that died in the movie theater that night didn't make a choice not to go to the movies, because there have been other shootings in public gatherings - is blaming the victim IMO.

I agree completely.

Heather's choices, decisions, actions, whatever did not cause her death. Someone else's choices, decisions, actions did.

If things were reversed and she had been arrested for a crime, one like TM and SM have been, she wouldn't be called a little girl or her parents little girl. She would be considered a woman and probably a monster, just like TM is.

Totally agree! And, as a recent example of that very thing, cf. Austin Sigg, killer of Jessica Ridgeway. He was 17 at the time of the crime, yet I've never seen anyone refer to him as a "little boy" or "just a kid." And, at 17, he was three years younger than Heather. For some reason victims are often infantilized, which I've never understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste