SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #23 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. They should have all been charged and it is beyond me why they were acquitted. The video was appalling and beyond defensible.

They should have tried that jury. IMO It really made me sick to my stomach. I felt the same way when OJ Simpson was acquitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LE has said it doesn't need a body and any recovery would serve primarily to give the family peace.

This seems like an unusually confident statement. As does the statement that she was murdered at PTL.

LE has also said that what it found at the house (which would presumably include vehicles) wasn't that much, and it was the bigger the picture along with some "stuff" from the house that made it possible to get the kidnapping and murder charges.

This case is so strange.

The jurors on the Casey Anthony were selected from a rural area of FL which had no internet or cable access, if my memory is correct. There are no areas where cable/internet service are not available now...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sorry, but I'm 5th generation from Pinellas County where the jury came from. Since moved from long ago. No, it's NOT rural and has Clearwater/ St.Petersburg etc. in that county. There are rural "spottings", but in general, Not rural at all. Very densely populated urban/suburban area.

The phone is gone. The killer took it. No room for doubt there. PTL was the last ping.

Surely the killer would've wanted to see what was on the phone. Check her last calls.

Some phones can be set to code lock except when receiving an incoming call. Then they either lock immediately when the call ends or allow a small window before locking again.

Did they call HE's phone to open the code lock?
They knew her phone would've been traced to PTL
They couldn't take the phone with them when they left.

They could've made a quick decision to call her cell with SM's cell in order to get the recent call list, etc. before they turned it off or removed the battery, (the possible gain worth the risk) planning to explain it away as HE harassing SM.

When they saw she'd called her roommate (whose name would've displayed- not the number), they would've known she likely told about SM's earlier call. So...damage control.

They could've decided SM would say he only answered once to tell her to leave him alone, not counting on surveillance catching him calling her number from pay phones.
STILL don't know why they didn't use a pre-paid burner phone, but anyway...

Did they leave fingerprints, hair, other DNA while retrieving a phone, purse, or something else from HE's car?

This would explain why it wasn't immediately visible to LE.
HE's DNA, even blood at the scene wouldn't confirm murder,
or specifically confirm the murder occurred at PTL.

LE did not have to announce where the murder took place. They must be 100% sure of it. They didn't have to say anything about the location at all. Was this an intimidation factor, telling the killers "we know exactly what happened and where?"

I've been thinking along these lines as well. Whatever communication went on between SM phone and Heather's phone around the 6am hour was coverup, either for alibi or to try to get into her phone, or repeated calls (all those calls in a row) to find her phone. I personally don't believe Heather was allowed to live very long. :(

ETA: It's even very possible Heather didn't make any of the repeated phone calls to him.

My point is, HE is an adult, 20 years old, legally an adult, not a child. She lived an adult life and made adult decisions, had an adult job and adult apartment and an adult life. As adults, we make decision and choices every day. We never know what is going to happen because of them.

BBM. And this is we have to agree to disagree.
Many adult women make adult decisions to have an adult affair. Most don't end up dead. This is not Heather's fault.

I did not say she did anything wrong. Please read what I have said. I have never said she did anything wrong.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. People are putting words and thoughts into my posts I am not saying and I am not conveying. Agree to disagree, Queenbury Rules and all that.

Hang in there Seajay-
I ran into the same problem when I brought the same topic up a month ago_& I'm still a newbie. Emotions run high and it's sometimes hard to interpret other peoples words. Don't let it get to you.
Don't bother replying-just report to mods-see that red triangle to the right of the post number-let the mods handle it-they do a good job.
Keep up the good work!

BBM. And this is we have to agree to disagree.
Many adult women make adult decisions to have an adult affair. Most don't end up dead. This is not Heather's fault.

I agree Poppygirl. We learn by making mistakes, that's how us humans are. HE was deprived of the chance to learn and to grow because of two very horrible people. Making mistakes, learning, all of it should never cost anyone their life.

My second husband was a cheater among other things. I was angry. But it was at him mostly. Not as much at the other woman. When I found out, I kicked him out. I did not want him in my life anymore. I would never, ever kill anyone over a relationship.

I am so sick and disgusted at the deaths of so many people at the hands of these horrible criminals. So many lives lost. As a parent, I worry everyday for my adult children. Because they dont live with me and I cant protect them. I don't think as a parent we ever stop wanting to protect our babies.

Great post ~ tell us more! What was the relationship like between the 2 of them for starters...

Thanks. I don't want to get into any trouble before I am verified, lol, but I would say from my observances, I thought she was the pants wearer of their family. She made the decisions and IMO, I thought she kept him on a very tight leash.

"Sgt. Jeff Benton with the Horry County Sheriff's Office said [Tammy] Moorer was moved to Georgetown around mid-morning Wednesday for "safety and security" reasons."

"We don't want people reading into this that there was a huge problem," Benton said. "We've done this in the past. Certainly the microscope is on this case. This is common practice when there are co-defendants in the same facility."

Snipped & BBM

I enjoy W/S because of other people's perspectives that may differ from mine. I read the above as deflection, because there was NO reason if true to say what was bolded & underlined, unless the press chopped something more out right?

Wonder if SM is getting the message of the private (expensive?) lawyer, moving to a different facility etc. Mind games :drumroll:

If we forget the murder charge, there is still kidnapping & the OJ I believe shows they weren't at home in bed!!! So they have to account for that regardless if Heather is found. So in the regard of "kidnapping" wouldn't it make sense for one of them to talk???

I agree Poppygirl. We learn by making mistakes, that's how us humans are. HE was deprived of the chance to learn and to grow because of two very horrible people. Making mistakes, learning, all of it should never cost anyone their life.

My second husband was a cheater among other things. I was angry. But it was at him mostly. Not as much at the other woman. When I found out, I kicked him out. I did not want him in my life anymore. I would never, ever kill anyone over a relationship.

I am so sick and disgusted at the deaths of so many people at the hands of these horrible criminals. So many lives lost. As a parent, I worry everyday for my adult children. Because they dont live with me and I cant protect them. I don't think as a parent we ever stop wanting to protect our babies.

Well said Balor51. I'm sorry for the pain you went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your story, awful what you went through! I worry about my kids, sister, husband, parents...but I worry because I know there's so much evil out there!

Welcome Delta Dawn. It would help us a lot if you got verified as an insider in this case. Please contact Kimster, our Mod in charge of verifying people who are close to our cases.

Thanks for the welcome. I sent an email earlier to be verified. I don't know how long that takes but I am trying not to say too much about the Ms before I am. :)

Thanks for sharing your story, awful what you went through! I worry about my kids, sister, husband, parents...but I worry because I know there's so much evil out there!

Since I have been following this case, I have now started looking at my facebook friends and wondering, are they who they say they are? This really makes you aware of the danger, cruelty, and just downright creepy people.

I do not think jail is going to agree with SM & TM. They are going to be like rats on a sinking ship, scurrying around trying desperately to get out!

Weird when I copy and paste it links shows up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we aren't supposed to link to her site, that's why it shows up that way.
Eta: it is a learning process for me trying to figure what's okay and what's not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste