SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even know how far to go back and search to find this out, wondering if anyone will explain to me about the Atalya (sp?) reference?

Here's some of the info I saved.

According to the daily crime reports for the morning of December 18th, at 3:47 a.m. there was a suspicious person/vehicle at 4000 block of Atalaya Place. That is a small court with only about 10 houses.
Seems an unusual out-of-the-way place for any kind of activity. It dead ends, but there is a path that crosses the railway tracks and goes through the bush to the end of Ronald McNair Blvd. There is a gravel pit or something there too. There was a search on Ronald McNair on January 11th, but the meeting place was south of the Parkway.

TCM has a photobucket account with username AtalayL

Is there such thing as WSA?... Websleuths Anonymous

I need to take a break. My head is melting. :hiding:

I need it too. I forgot to eat today I got so involved in my reading. Then this evening I couldn't figure out why I was starving. Ugh.
Hello my name is SharetheLight and I am a websleuth-aholic :)

<sniped by me with all due respect>

I'm sorry, I'm just going by memory, I'm not too familiar with PTL and I was there to pay my respects/show my support for the family. I didn't walk around or people watch afterward, in fact I left as soon as it was over as I felt awkward and uncomfortable being there.

That's okay. I wasn't either. I just feel like it's etched forever in my memory now. :( I went over that way to speak to the Elvis' and offer my... not condolences, support I guess? Plus I was there with someone else and had to wait on them. Kind of glad, it was so touching to see all the candles left after the vigil. I swear that area in front of the banner quadrupled. And when I did leave there were still people coming down the road to pay their respects as well. It was very touching.

I found that the only thing that works for me is to read and post until I pass out.
It works wonders. :floorlaugh:

haha yeah me too

Forgive me if I have this wrong, but I thought early on the comment TM made on the disbord was something like J&M cooking school and no one could figure out what that meant. Like it might be code for something? Has it been confirmed that it was indeed J & W cooking school or has the proverbial "telephone" just evolved into J & W? not that it matters but I just remembered that tidbit for some reason....

I think you're remembering correctly. However, maybe he either made it up, (or he had a dyslexic moment) and it was Johnson and Wales, since they do have a Disney culinary program.

What was the fascination with Disney, I couldnt go 4 or more times a year, was it just TM or both??? And how could they afford to go so much and take thst much time off work........

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why SM/TM had all this Disney obsession???
Why would someone go 'overboard' on it.
I have several collections that are near & dear to me.........
but they do not take over my entire life.
and mine are expensive items, not a bunch of plastic & stuff animals.
I understand the children having these items, but 40 year olds???

What was the fascination with Disney, I couldnt go 4 or more times a year, was it just TM or both??? And how could they afford to go so much and take thst much time off work........

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

welcome and I think like you.........

I worked with a lady that loved Disney. She had a bunch of beautiful and expensive collectibles. She had a very large room in her house dedicated to the collectibles. It was like a museum. She was in her 40's and had no kids.

I found that the only thing that works for me is to read and post until I pass out.
It works wonders. :floorlaugh:

I go bowling. That way I imagine the criminals/suspects are the bowling ball. :floorlaugh:

Is it just me, or is that avatar really strange with SM in the background?

I thought the same thing when I saw it. Very unusual. Why even have him in the pic? He was so p***y whipped. Ugh what a turnoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's strange too, the fawning adoration of Disney, but it doesn't seem to be particularly uncommon. I belong to lots of moms groups and there's always at least one or two big Disney fans around. I hope I am not offending anyone by saying this. I think I have a disconnect from it because Disney seems so obviously...crafted to be commercial, to be sold and bought. There is a certain charm and artistic merit to be found in the older movies ("older" to me means older than The Lion King, haha) but these days it's pretty much a money machine. To me it's like being obsessed with Wal*Mart or something.

This is coming from someone who is a hyoooog fan of a 90s band and still gets giddy with schoolgirl glee watching their music videos from the good old days, so I understand irrational obsessions. ;)

That's okay. I wasn't either. I just feel like it's etched forever in my memory now. :( I went over that way to speak to the Elvis' and offer my... not condolences, support I guess? Plus I was there with someone else and had to wait on them. Kind of glad, it was so touching to see all the candles left after the vigil. I swear that area in front of the banner quadrupled. And when I did leave there were still people coming down the road to pay their respects as well. It was very touching.

haha yeah me too

Definitely touching, I posted a picture on the last thread that I took after they had just finished lighting the candles. Seeing pictures of the memorial the next day...you're right, the area in front of the banner quadrupled...or more! And you definitely stayed a lot longer than I had; I remember you posting Monday night when you got home from the vigil and by then I'd been warmly esconed in my comfy bed for over an hour :bedtime:

I think it's strange too, the fawning adoration of Disney, but it doesn't seem to be particularly uncommon. I belong to lots of moms groups and there's always at least one or two big Disney fans around. I hope I am not offending anyone by saying this. I think I have a disconnect from it because Disney seems so obviously...crafted to be commercial, to be sold and bought. There is a certain charm and artistic merit to be found in the older movies ("older" to me means older than The Lion King, haha) but these days it's pretty much a money machine. To me it's like being obsessed with Wal*Mart or something.

This is coming from someone who is a hyoooog fan of a 90s band and still gets giddy with schoolgirl glee watching their music videos from the good old days, so I understand irrational obsessions. ;)

I don't quite get the Disney obsession either, what baffles me is how the heck could they afford to go on so many trips and the cruise/s . We have a comfortable life, but there is no way we could take five people on trips like that unless we saved for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor