SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked in the travel industry, I heard about a phenomena where some people are so obsessed with Disney, they actually go there to die (like when they are terminally ill). Seriously! I wonder if there's anything about it online...

Momoffourboys is sure in great shape after having 4 kids :biggrin:

O/T

I'm not that fit and trim even in my dreams any more...

I only relayed this as a courtesy...did not mean to be rude.
I didn't either...when i was a wsbaby!
:loveyou:

No offense taken! I am scared just about every time I post here that I am breaking some rule or other.

When I worked in the hospitality industry, I heard about a phenomena where some people are so obsessed with Disney, they actually go there to die (like when they are terminally ill). Seriously! I wonder if there's anything about it online...

I think thats weird!! ?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

The WDW thing is not unusual at all. There is a whole sub culture of people that are OCD about Disney, two people I work with are season pass holders and take Disney cruises and go with and without kids. I think the Disney angle is a non factor in the case.

Have their been any statements from her roommate about the SM HE relationship other than the call she received the night she disappeared?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense taken! I am scared just about every time I post here that I am breaking some rule or other.

I hear ya!
Every aspect of my life now involves "links"
If i can't link it...it doesn't exist!
:drumroll:

In the disboards she makes a comment about her "lawnmower foot", so that is probably why she had the tag.

PS. Lawnmower foot is a well known diagnosis for those in the medical community:biggrin:

:doh:
... do NOT google lawnmower foot! I repeat...do NOT google lawnmower foot!

I did not know this. New to forum. My apologies.

No worries, it's a learning process here. And don't be hesitant to ask questions, everyone has been a newbie at one point!

And :welcome5::party:

No offense, but I don't "get" Disney. Never have, never will. And I have probably read too much about early Hollywood, which predisposed me not to like old WD. JMO

I hate when parents seem to force their interests on their kids and that is the impression I get here but again, JMO.

(From someone who posts a cat posing as Queen Victoria, so grain of salt lol)

I've known many people that have to have every Disney movie, even if it was not very good. But they aren't rabid in other Disney areas. I know some people who have Disneyland passes and go every week, but that's because, with a pass, it's a cheap date. Disneyland and WDW themselves have their own charm (and their own miserable commercial side). Collecting pictures of yourself (and your kids, if you must) with every Disney princess is not much different than collecting coins. IMO, where it gets weird is when your entire life revolves around it, and you HAVE to bring your whole family into it or get angry at them if they don't want to do it, and you have no other life besides it.

My kids like Disneyland for probably all the wrong reasons: How did they build this ride? How could it be made better? That robot looks just like the one I built (and it does!). Look, there's a place where the characters disappear into the tunnel. If I take the distance this ride travels, then make the 30 degree turn, that drop down puts us three feet from where we were just waiting, on the other side of that wall. Canoes! This Dumbo hedge is built on chicken wire, I think I could do that. That kind of thing.
O/T When we took our sons to Disney World when they were young we took the auto train part of the way back home. A man died on our train while we were outside Quantico, Va., and when the conductor announced that our train was "now a crime scene" and that we were stopped waiting for the coroner to arrive (no further explanation), people started semi-joking it was like "Murder on the Orient Express".
After a five hour stop, and drug sniffing dogs were brought in and went through the auto cars, we were finally told that a drug dealer had OD'd in his locked compartment on the train.
After two weeks in Disney, whenever anyone asked my younger son how he liked Disney, he replied excitedly "A man died on the train!". :facepalm:

When I worked in the travel industry, I heard about a phenomena where some people are so obsessed with Disney, they actually go there to die (like when they are terminally ill). Seriously! I wonder if there's anything about it online...

Adults??? That's a new one. I just hope they wouldn't bury me by Dumbo or Goofy.

:doh:

... do NOT google lawnmower foot! I repeat...do NOT google lawnmower foot!

Too late...

I was really going they would find her today. How terrible the family still don't know where she is.

I haven't heard of that.... :scared:

O/T

We were invited a few years back to a co-worker of my husband's Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disney, Orlando. (we're in Georgia) Ironically, children were not welcome to their Magical Disney Wedding. :facepalm:

https://www.disneyweddings.com/

I get people not wanting small children at weddings in general. I don't get having your wedding at Disney World, expecting adults to fly in to a 'location wedding' at a family theme park....but please leave your kids at home. :banghead:

No worries, it's a learning process here. And don't be hesitant to ask questions, everyone has been a newbie at one point!

And :welcome5::party:

When I was a newbie, I was a real biyach...told everyone to quit speculating, lol. Of course, it was a really really hard time in my neighborhood / community (Jessica Ridgeway's abduction and horrific murder), but I'll be the first one to admit, I had a serious attitude when I first came on board, lol.

In the disboards she makes a comment about her "lawnmower foot", so that is probably why she had the tag.

PS. Lawnmower foot is a well known diagnosis for those in the medical community:biggrin:

She got into an accident with a lawnmower when she was younger. On one of her feet, the bottom is eaten up pretty badly. I have personally seen it. And if there was an opportunity, it was definitely used in her benefit when needed.

I'm going away for the weekend, so you guys will have to hold down the fort without me.

I hope I come back to lots of good news.

I hear ya!
Every aspect of my life now involves "links"
If i can't link it...it doesn't exist!
:drumroll:

I know I need a break from WS when my son tells me he is going somewhere and I say "Not unless you have a link for that." :giggle:

He'll ask me if I'm playing with my little computer friends lol.

Here's a blurry photo and information about it from the Friends of Huntington Beach site: http://www.huntingtonbeachstatepark.com/Atalaya.htm

Article and better picture from the examiner: http://www.examiner.com/article/rv-site-report-huntington-beach-state-park-south-carolina

I'd be more inclined to dismiss it as coincidence if TM didn't use a variation on it as a screen name in some social media.

I think TM's username - AtalayaL
probably stands for something like Atalaya Lady
- since Atalaya's a castle and she's the Queen.

:goldcrown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member