SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they won't reveal her location. Surely they're not banking on an acquittal in the absence of a body? I don't think finding the body would be as damning as it might seem—if there's enough decomposition isn't it pretty likely there wouldn't be that much tying the M's to the COD, assuming the evidence found at the house didn't point to a specific method of murder? The SK angle could even advantage the defense in that case. But that would still leave the circumstantial (and direct?) evidence found at their home, which is the exact same position they're in now. So why, why, why drag this out? Their reputations are ruined. Revealing the location could only improve their image at this point, however marginally.

Am I missing some sort of courtroom strategy here? Even if they drag out the plea like Sierra Lamar's killer, that's still years of waiting in a jail cell, probably in isolation. Same outcome as facing the heat and accepting the sentence, save for a family getting to lay their daughter to rest.

There's no courtroom strategy until all the evidence is in, all the charges are made, and discovery is complete. LE may have more charges in mind, depending on what they know or will find as the investigation continues. All the lawyers know at this point is what the warrants say, and what SM and TM tell them, if anything. So they're in the dark for now as far as LE's big picture and what cards LE holds.

The M's, or perhaps one of them, might decide to seek a plea deal depending on what emerges in future charges and discovery. If they're doomed based on evidence, I would think that will be the time to talk and bargain. But I'm assuming no lawyer would advise his client to sing at this stage when what LE has, or will produce in the future, is still an unknown, and the body is still missing. This is still very early in the criminal case with a host of procedural activities to come before a trial happens.

The Moorers probably felt that with all the unsolved missing persons in the area, Heather's case would just be lumped with the others...or that LE wouldn't push or investigate this closely.

Agree

It looks so obvious now and people wonder how could they do such a stupid thing.

However from their perspective they may have thought SM + HE had a secret relationship that hardly anybody knew about. They surely did not expect HE to call her roomate that night.

With the past violent ex-boyfriend and the date she had just went on and the other recent missing girl, they probably thought there was no chance they would even be suspected. Pay phone and all. Remember he lied at first and claimed to never have even spoken to her that night.

Wonder a little about the cell phone from SM but maybe he didnt even realize LE pulls data directly from phone company. Could he have just not even known that too.

Okay.... If TCM and SM are on the same family plan (let's assume this for the moment), then I doubt SM and HE were texting each other. I have a feeling they either used KIK or another messaging app. TCM would probably have access to his phone, email, and FB but she might not have thought about messaging apps. Perhaps that is what LE is referring to when they said there were messages exchanged until 6am. I wonder if HE was calling SM to help her that night. TCM posted the times of multiple calls to SM's phone (one of the few times I think we can believe TCM), probably trying to show HE as "crazy or stalkerish.". But I don't think TCM anticipated HE making such an electronic trail that night.

Jmo

It was confirmed in the PL that HE had the messaging app listed above. (Am I allowed to say that here? - it's not really about specific social media).

I think SM would have been looked at, even if he had not been the very last contact, as his name would have come up via her friends, IMO. And then LE would have seen how recently they had communicated, which I believe was more recently than October. But contacting Heather that night using traceable phones/devices make me think SM, at least, did not know she was going to be killed that night. All JMO

we can scratch the son, he's a minor and, well, boys side with mom. No.matter what. I've got three that, well, my guys got my back. No matter what. And mom? Same rules apply, mom always has your back.

Moving right along. Who else ya got?!

roflmbo !!!!

Or maybe they renewed their vows and had a second honeymoon! LOL Wouldn't put it past her! Anything for an excuse to go on a vacation. :facepalm:

or maybe you get some sort of special deal if it's your 15th and not your 16th?? easy to lie by 1 yr-facts are useless things that get in the way of YOUR reality....
maybe she needed to get married if she was "with child"??

Who knows maybe SM was jealous about the date. I think possibly HE called SM after the date to make SM jealous. When I was young I would play stupid games like this. Interesting contact between the two started again after the date at 2am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is probably a silly observation, but HE's clothing choice for her movie date suggested comfort to me, not a "hot date." For some reason I get the impression this was more a friendly date than a romantic one.

I'm not saying SM couldn't have been jealous, but he clearly wasn't jealous enough for it to affect his ability to premeditate HE's murder with his wife. SM's reason or motive for his actions presumably began before 7pm December 17th. JMO

So was Tammy moved from J Rueben Long to Georgetown or not? I am confused ...

Does anyone know the process with regards to a grand jury for this case?

Sorry, I am not making myself clear.

According to the jail websites, it appears that Tammy was never transferred from Horry Jail to GTown Jail. Additionally, Vinelink has her still at Horry County Jail.

My original post was saying that I wish a reporter would inquire why.

I'm with you, Starr! That's so strange.

Although several have posted their experience with Vinelink being slow to update - well, that's not been my experience at all.

Quite curious indeed.

Could it be SM was the smitten one and HRE dumped him after she grew tired of his old married self? Honestly, I had not considered it that way before. Maybe her moving on and dating was because she is the one who ended it in the first place. And it really made him angry.

It would have made him real angry if lets say he really did have a big fight with his wife and he "left her for good" that night. He may have thought his only hope for a future life and even a place to stay would be Heathers place.

If her message to him when they met up was she was ending it, he could have flipped out.

A funny thing about relationships and especially long-term relationsihips......When you say to the other "it is over between us".....the reality is sometimes it is not really over.

I'm assuming because they hope to get one to roll on the other. Remember there is a law about spouses testifying against another, unless they divorce.

Trying to remember what that law really says.

Do I have this right:

A wife or husband can testify at trial if they want to against the other.

But if they dont want to, then they cannot be forced to be called as witnesses against the other if married.

Does anyone know if that is correct or not.
Its important because I think they can testify if they want to.

I'm with you, Starr! That's so strange.

Although several have posted their experience with Vinelink being slow to update - well, that's not been my experience at all.

Quite curious indeed.

FWIW, I have a criminal defense atty sitting here who I just asked about this. He said that he never, ever depends on those websites for info on the location of his clients.

Do I have this right:

But if they dont want to, then they cannot be forced to be called as witnesses against the other if married.

Supreme Court recognition of Marital Privilege

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/marital_privilege

:blushing:
The only part I can't figure out with this theory is why would SM go along with it?

If he was really planning on leaving TM for HE, why would he stay as quiet as he's been for this long? TM couldn't have anything worse on him than murder, which is what he'd have on her. I can't imagine him wanting to stay with the woman he was trying to get away from after she killed the woman he loved. And this would be the perfect out for him. . .get TM put away for murder and he wouldn't have to worry about child support, alimony, dividing up their assets, custody of their children, etc. It just doesn't make sense to me.

We know so little about SM's inner world. No friends or family have come forward to offer any perspective. It's up for debate whether his web posts and dialogue came from him at all.

One thing we know for certain - he got that "Tammy" belly tattoo filled in after HE's murder. Tammy was at the Tattoo parlor. She photographed the work being done. She was quite proud of it. She posted the pic on his Facebook, adding, that after two years of having just the outline, it was time he get it filled in.

This could've been a willing demonstration of loyalty to Tammy or a mental tactic by TM to reinforce her control and assure herself of Sidney's complete loyalty to her. By posting the pic in a public venue, she was "broadcasting" his loyalty as well.
If this was a couple's shared "bonding" experience, a demonstration of their devotion to each other, where were the pics of Tammy getting a "Sidney" tattoo?

Either way, be it by choice or by force, SM was putting no distance between himself and his wife or the acts they are charged with committing together.

Do I have this right:

That is my understanding . Just can't be forced .

According to a court affidavit, Dewitt was captured thanks to help from the Automated License Plate Reader system on the Ravenel Bridge. The victim was able to give a description of the car and a relative time they traveled over the Ravenel Bridge, and authorities were able to spot the vehicle and get its license plate number via video that was produced by the reader.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24857...-man-wanted-for-impersonating-law-enforcement

I wonder if there were any Automated License Plate Readers in Horry County-or would this be more specific to Charleston?? Maybe if they don't have them yet,they oughta think about installing them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann