SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with speculating about a case, but sometimes the speculation starts being presented as a fact. People seem to want Heather and SM to be in love, and not just lust, despite what Heather's tweets say, and I wonder why?

I agree with you. And I don't think TM could have anticipated HE talking to her roommate that night, either. I really hope BW has some of the puzzle pieces that are crucial to the why/when Heather went to PTL.
Can Law enforcement
tell" them they have found Heathers body(shudder) just to see if they talk??? I would love to be a detective questiong them two!!

"Spilling the beans" while her body still cannot be found seems unlikely to me...JMO

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Can I Tell My Spouse Everything? Is It Safe To Speak With My Spouse? Can My Spouse Be Forced To Testify Against Me? Can I Prevent My Spouse From Testifying Against Me? http://studiocity.patch.com/groups/...tal-privilege-can-i-tell-my-spouse-everything

Very interesting, thx for posting.

If I read it correctly, though, it only seems to appy to conversations between spouses. So SM could prevent TM from testifying that he told her he killed Heather...or vice-versa. However, if they committed the murder together, they could each testify against the other re: the events/what they did that night.

FWIW, I have a criminal defense atty sitting here who I just asked about this. He said that he never, ever depends on those websites for info on the location of his clients.

Do you need someone to come post your bail? ;)

Parking Lot thread. We need some sort of list for reference.
I'm lost on many of the acronyms.

LOL, there's a sticky around here somewhere with a list of acronyms. I hunted it down when I first joined.

Very interesting, thx for posting.

If I read it correctly, though, it only seems to appy to conversations between spouses. So SM could prevent TM from testifying that he told her he killed Heather...or vice-versa. However, if they committed the murder together, they could each testify against the other re: the events/what they did that night.

I would imagine when self preservation kicks in, you would want the ability to speak up.

Kelly

I'm seeing a lot of projection going on, assigning feelings to perp and victim for which there is no evidence available to us. The truth is we don't know how HE felt about SM, how SM felt about HE, how either of them thought about or felt about the affair. This is going to be a mystery at least until some sort of litigation happens and there is witness testimony. Or, we may never know. We don't only know "very little," we know nothing at all. Who here actually knows these people?

We'll never know exactly what went down at that boat launch area, moment by moment, unless there's a confession. We'll probably never know exactly "why" either unless there's a full confession.

The state doesn't have to prove the "why" (i.e. motive), they also do not have to prove the moment-by-moment movements, and neither is it required that they prove how HE felt about SM or how SM felt about HE.

The rest is throwing spaghetti against a virtual wall to create a narrative and assign emotions and feelings to each of the players based on imagination.

The state may not HAVE to prove motive. But more often than not, motive is the determining factor in a murder case... especially a case with circumstantial evidence. I'd imagine the state will use all of the evidence at hand (just as the WSleuthers are doing) to establish patterns of behavior and means to an end. Physical evidence is, of course, extremely important. But motive... motive is what the jury needs to connect. Motive is what the jury needs to understand. Motive is as equally, if not more, important than evidence.

I knew it! lol Its true that we cant be positive about some things such as feelings but if you read enough posts made by people you can sometimes make very, very good predictions.

:chillout:

Hey guys let's all respect each others opinions.

If you can't, then scroll and roll please
. :grouphug:

:gthanks:

I'm seeing a lot of projection going on, assigning feelings to perp and victim for which there is no evidence available to us. The truth is we don't know how HE felt about SM, how SM felt about HE, how either of them thought about or felt about the affair. This is going to be a mystery at least until some sort of litigation happens and there is witness testimony. Or, we may never know. We don't only know "very little," we know nothing at all. Who here actually knows these people?

We'll never know exactly what went down at that boat launch area, moment by moment, unless there's a confession. We'll probably never know exactly "why" either unless there's a full confession.

The state doesn't have to prove the "why" (i.e. motive), they also do not have to prove the moment-by-moment movements, and neither is it required that they prove how HE felt about SM or how SM felt about HE.

The rest is throwing spaghetti against a virtual wall to create a narrative and assign emotions and feelings to each of the players based on imagination.

I can agree with all, but BBM juries like everything wrapped and ties with a bow. It it natural for all of us here, who have invested many, many, many hours out of our life on this case not to speculate...the whys of this case.

For myself, I am pretty well done-done until more info. becomes available. Too many pieces missing to figure it exactly, but Clue's theory ^ is the where I am leaning. Also, I don't believe this was planned in advance, with the except of TM wanting to catch them together of course. The IE pictures on the 17 & 18 make me doubt my theory though, unless the pics were sent to HE by TM of course, but we don't officially know.

I don't doubt LE with all the PMs & electronic info. on all 3 parties over a period of time, plus info. from HE's closest friends, perhaps even if SM has had other affairs, LE will be able to connect ALL the dots in this case (whatever that may turn out to be) and the DA be able to lay it out simply for the jury and the other evidence will just support it. All JMO & hope.

If neither Heather or SM had been in contact with each other in months, then a jury member may wonder why SM and TM killed Heather. I do think motive is very important in getting a conviction.

Of course juries want it all. And we want it all, too. It's nice when the prosecution can present everything, including motive to the jury. If they have it or can properly infer motive from the evidence and testimony, they'll present it during closing arguments. I look forward to seeing what the actual evidence is in this case, which I know I won't see until a trial.

Can Law enforcement
tell" them they have found Heathers body(shudder) just to see if they talk??? I would love to be a detective questiong them two!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure that would be entrapment.

There is nothing wrong with speculating about a case, but sometimes the speculation starts being presented as a fact. People seem to want Heather and SM to be in love, and not just lust, despite what Heather's tweets say, and I wonder why?

Yes, and thank you.

If you are posting just to tell others what to think, how to think, how to speculate, or put facts together, then DON'T POST.

The case has gone through several threads without bickering and poking and it is going to continue to do so, even if some posters end up losing posting privileges to make sure that happens.

If you don't want to discuss, that's fine, move along.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member