SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Human nature never fails to amaze me. Where some people would never go to those places, others gladly go there and have no remorse over any of their actions.

Jeez, I'm afraid to speculate about anything now.

LE must have strong enough evidence to have gotten a search warrant and were able to arrest the two of them. I just pray it's enough.

I've been on many a jury and when hearing the testimony and viewing the evidence, you start making some decisions you think you will be going into the deliberation room with. That's until you hear the judges instructions, then everything changes.

Right now LE doesn't have a body. Who knows if they actually have a crime scene. Something they found has convinced them that HE is dead. How else could they file murder charges against the M's? They must have information on opportunity ie phone records. Who knows if they have motive any more than to say that SM was having an affair with HE and that SM and TM decided HE needed to go. I hope they have more than that. Without the body, do they even have method of death?

Maybe they have enough on them to get them on kidnapping charges and that's it.

I don't know if either one of them M's are going to roll on the other or not. I don't know these people and I find it hard to think like them. fwiw

Do you not think they have physically moved her yet? I know as of yesterday she wasn't registered in Georgetown ~thought maybe it was an oversight!

I believe if you go back & read after the last court appearance , they stated she was moved to another facility & did not state a reason . It should be on the timeline in the parking lot here. :fence:

I still think in cases like this that a surviving family member should be allowed in the cell with the perp for 10-15 minutes....the perp must only be breathing, and have a pulse when they leave the room. It is torturous to a family to withhold the whereabouts of their loved one!

I know LE has been wrong before, but honestly don't think they would say Heather is dead if she wasn't. IMO, there's some strong evidence that she isn't alive. It'll come out in due time.

I just thought about another case where I wish the prosecuter would have just stuck with proving the crime was committed by a person and not try to provide too much more than that like sequence of events and "story line".

Juries like to be told "the story" of what happened and even though prosecutors only have to prove the crime was committed, they typically will try to give juries that story. We are no different in wanting to know the story.

One case where even though it worked out good for the prosecutor I think they went a little too far in trying to provide exact sequence of events.

It was the Jodi Arias case and where the prosecuter told the jury about whether the gunshot happened at the very end in the shower or not. To me, I felt the prosecuter could have just not even tried to tell when the shot happened. They had plenty of evidence to prove the person did the crime and so to me it didnt matter when exactly the shot happened. I felt it really muddied the waters and the danger with trying to prove too much is if the jury disagrees with one part like that part, then they may start to think about what other parts the prosecuter could have been wrong about.

Sometimes it may be best for a prosecuter to stick with proving what they know. The person did the crime.

It worked out fine in the Jodi Arias case and we are waiting for sentencing. It was just that part of the trial that really confused a lot of people and I believe it was kind of an unprovable point. Nobody could really prove one way or the other exactly when that shot happened. It was real interesting at the time and lots of debate about it.

The exact timing of when someone ran into the closet was a similar part. It was real confusing and not everyone agreed as to exactly when Jodi entered the closet area.

The reason why it did not matter much to me with these things is there was overwhelming other evidence that the person did the crime of shooting and stabbing Travis. So much evidence that it was overwhelming and I did not need those last few details. However, I see why prosecuters want to try to explain everything. Its because people want to know everything.

ETA: How ironic. There is an add for a Jodi Arias book on my screen right here >>>>>> :)

Good morning! Catching up from last night and thinking...speculating about motive, assigning emotions, etc. could help find Heather. I'm sure detectives are asking the M's all kinds of questions to figure out what they were feeling, so they can determine who, if anyone, will confess. Blind rage could indicate an accident and a cover up. Working together or planning the whole thing opens up different hiding places, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning! Catching up from last night and thinking...speculating about motive, assigning emotions, etc. could help find Heather. I'm sure detectives are asking the M's all kinds of questions to figure out what they were feeling, so they can determine who, if anyone, will confess. Blind rage could indicate an accident and a cover up. Working together or planning the whole thing opens up different hiding places, etc.

Good points. Although the Ms are probably not saying anything more at this point. Once they got lawyers they probably are not answering any more questions which is their constitutional right.

I do hope one of them decides its in their best interest to share all they know and get a better deal than the other person.

Its always my hope that by discussing things with others that someone will know Part A and someone else will know Part B. Then a thrid person realizes hey.....Part A + Part B means Part C and that is the key.

So I do think it helps to discuss because we never know when something new can be found out. Even if nothing new, it helps to understand when it goes to trial we will know as much as possible to be able to follow along.

So unless we personally know "these people" we're not allowed to speculate? If that's the case then why are any of us here on Websleuths?

There is nothing wrong with speculating about a case, but sometimes the speculation starts being presented as a fact. People seem to want Heather and SM to be in love, and not just lust, despite what Heather's tweets say, and I wonder why?

I think the tweets were put out there to do damage control.
Heather knew Tammy read them!
I also think they were still involved!

I think the tweets were put out there to do damage control.
Heather knew Tammy read them!
I also think they were still involved!

I agree. I don't think Heather would have met up with him otherwise. I also think it was premeditated as opposed to TM catching them. I think SM lured her out there to murder her, although I think TM was the driving force. I think the indecent exposure was just part of the thrill leading up to the murder. All JMO ...

And having sat on a jury where the foreman decided the person's guilt before we got the chairs warm, where two jurors were throwing evidence on the floor because it was close to Christmas...
Same thing happened when I sat on a jury on Valentine's Day. Besides the annoyance shared about it being a holiday, one woman based her entire thought process on the fact that the plaintiff reminded her of her grandmother, with whom she had a bad relationship. Justice served, right?

Same thing happened when I sat on a jury on Valentine's Day. Besides the annoyance shared about it being a holiday, one woman based her entire thought process on the fact that the plaintiff reminded her of her grandmother, with whom she had a bad relationship. Justice served, right?

And I just served on a jury where 9 men and two women thought a 14 year old girl was asking to be solicited for sex because she said you can't handle this. Seriously, it was so close to the thought a rape victim deserved it because of what she wore. The defense attorney drug that young girl through the mud. I caved, not because of anything they said but because I couldn't put that young girl through that again.

:welcome3:

If you haven't signed up yet, please join us! We value everyone's opinions.

:loveyou: :skip:

You think their attorneys are allowing them to be questioned?

And I just served on a jury where 9 men and two women thought a 14 year old girl was asking to be solicited for sex because she said you can't handle this. Seriously, it was so close to the thought a rape victim deserved it because of what she wore. The defense attorney drug that young girl through the mud. I caved, not because of anything they said but because I couldn't put that young girl through that again.

I sat on a jury this past year - and afterwards decided that if I wasn't guilty of a crime - I don't think I would elect to have a jury trial.

Peoples pre-conceived notions, weather or not they like one person or the other more, etc came into the jury deliberations and we spent HOURS trying to get the people to understand that NONE OF THOSE THINGS MATTERED -- we were only there to exam the FACTS PRESENTED. We also had those who didn't want to be there any longer than they had to and were like - we're just voting with the majority. :bang head: It took us our first whole day to get through those kind of things. It was really scary to me to think that had three of us not been on that jury to hold to what the law stated - who knows how that case would've been decided!!!!

Not sure how much humanity TM started with in the first place. Someone who needs to be in control is going to be furious if their life starts spinning out of control. An affair could threaten that. Enough anger builds up and someone crosses a line and does something awful. Then again, some people don't have good boundaries, aren't particularly law-abiding, and their crimes stack up.

TM (and SM) were doing other illegal things, per the charges. Something with finances, indecent exposure, a prior charge for SM. Those are the things we know about, there could be other things in addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14