SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few pages of backreading to do, but I wanted to share my morning with y'all first. I finally decided to venture over to PTL. I've been on the fence about whether or not to go. Part of what's been holding me back is that I don't want to be a "rubbernecker," and as such, show disrespect to the family and friends of sweet Heather. Another reason is that like most of you, I've learned to love, not only Heather, but the entire Elvis family, and I knew it was going to be such a heavy thing to do. Well, I was out having breakfast, and afterwards, I took a right, instead of the (normal) left, out of the parking lot. I just found myself driving over to Socastee. I guess my heart decided it was time.

It was early, but the tip tent was being set up at the swing bridge. I drove to the landing and that drive down PT Road felt significantly different to me this morning, than at any time in the past. I got a small smile on my face when I saw the camera at the Pixie Dust Estate. I didn't stop or get out, but coming and going, I wondered if it would have actually caught any traffic on the road. It seems to be aimed downward, directly at where a car would pull into the driveway at the gate.

At the landing, and crossing the swing bridge, I noticed that the water was beautifully glassy this morning. The sun is finally back out and there's very little wind. It was eerily quiet at the landing for a loooong 30 seconds; then the dogs started barking! At one of the trailers, that overlooks PTL, there was a kennel, with at least 2 dogs in it. My husband and I weren't making any noise, but those dogs saw us and barked at us the rest of the time we were there...which was about half an hour. For us, that ruled out drowning or anything that may have caused a struggle or commotion. We were SO QUIET, but those dogs knew we were there. I stood where I believe Heather's car was parked and tried to look around through her eyes. It was just such an eerie feeling being there. I was hoping she would speak to me or offer a clue somehow. Finally, I placed a single flower with the other flowers, candles, and keepsakes, and left the landing. I have to say, it was so incredibly sad to place that flower, while looking Heather in the eyes (on her "missing" sign), knowing this is where she likely took her last breath. :(

I know this is getting long and I have so little information that could actually help, so I'll wrap it up with this last part. Coming back down PT Road, I took a left on Mill Pond Road, and then Hwy 814. I wanted to take the back roads the M's would have taken to the landing. Well, that, and it's the most direct route. My heart got heavy and full of anger as I neared that corner where the compound is. Two things about the compound, and I'm done:

1. No sighting of a white or silver Jeep Cherokee. I didn't get out of the car, but I did stop in several places and look as thoroughly as I could from the car, with the window down. I didn't want my picture taken, and with it being TM's birthday, I thought emotions might be especially high at that address today. I saw the red truck, parked next to the camper, but no Cherokee. Of course, that doesn't mean it was confiscated. It could have been in, what I believe to be, the detached garage.

2. I was surprised at how compact the "compound" really is. All of the pics, even the aerial shots, make it look compact, but in person, it's seems even more crowded. Those houses are on top of each other. That just gives me an indescribably weird feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and my in-laws, but that's WAY too close for comfort.

Okay, that's it. Sorry for the novella. I'm going to catch up on the last few pages. I hope SOMETHING I said helps SOMEBODY figure out SOMETHING. I want so badly for Heather to come home.

Thank you so much for your post. I really got a feel for the area surrounding PTL.

The chilly weather, along with your comment about the dogs make me believe even more that whatever happened at PTL Dec 18th happened inside a vehicle and quickly. I don't think there was a confrontation outdoors.

Did you happen to see anywhere close by someone could've parked unnoticed and walked to the landing? Or maybe someplace a short drive away one of the Moorers could've parked and been dropped off after PTL?

I had a thought last night that probably won't make any sense but here goes.
What if the M's used one of their suitcases to transport HE to her final resting place, whether it was the night that she disappeared and they dumped her body in water somewhere or she was kept in the suitcase in the Mickey camper till they went to Fl and disposed of her on the road. TM strikes me as very materialistic and wouldn't want an unmatched luggage set, what if she cleaned out the suitcase that they transported HE in and kept it and even though it looked clean to TM cops were able to see blood in it and that is the evidence that LE found? Maybe they keep their luggage in the Mickey camper hence easy access to it late at night. Just thinking out loud.

Jumping off your post. I remember the "garage sale" sign. I wonder when that took place and if any luggage (that may have now been unmatched) was sold?
Just thinking out loud.

❤️Heather❤️

IIRC They spent Christmas with his family. I don't know if was Christmas Eve or Day but I do remember her posting something to the effect of it 'was so nice to have spent Christmas with them and have them back in their lives.'

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Why the sudden change or heart?
Guilt?

How do ppl go on with their lives after doing something so horrible?

Agreed. Especially if that tweet in early fall was his.

Another thought...it could establish why they went to the area. If they remained estranged and it is later found out they were in the area, it would be more suspicious. By reconnecting, it gave them a reason to be there. I hope they do search that area.

Excellent idea! The thanks button wasn't enough. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thought...it could establish why they went to the area. If they remained estranged and it is later found out they were in the area, it would be more suspicious. By reconnecting, it gave them a reason to be there. I hope they do search that area.

Berkeley County sheriff's deputies will meet next week with state agents and Horry County investigators to discuss the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis and whether there's anything they can do to assist the investigation, authorities said.

-and-

In a phone call, Sidney Moorer's father, Larry Moorer, of Summerville, declined to comment on the charges against his son. He went on to say he believed his family had been lied to by law enforcement. He did not elaborate on what he thought he was lied to about, deferring all further comment to his son's attorney, Kirk Truslow.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-with-state-horry-county-officials&source=RSS
I think LE has the same idea as you Delta Dawn. This story came out last night, and Summerville is in Berkeley County right?

Jumping off your post. I remember the "garage sale" sign. I wonder when that took place and if any luggage (that may have now been unmatched) was sold?
Just thinking out loud.

❤️Heather❤️

Ohhhhh I missed the garage sale sign. [modsnip]. Even more interesting! If I bought anything from someone and eventually they were arrested for murder I would call LE ASAP. Makes ya wonder....

First of all, I would like to say 'Good Morning' to everyone reading this morning. Its a bit chilly, but a beautiful day thus far. I would love nothing more than for today to be the day, especially with how beautiful this one is starting out, that we bring Heather home.

Yes. Computer forensics could possibly view the video if it has been taped over.

There are a lot of variables that come in to play though.

If they didn't obtain the videos until the week that the warrant was issued and the Ms were arrested, then it is possible, however highly unlikely they would be able to view any footage from December if it has been taped over.

However, if they obtained all video surveillance in the area the week HE disappeared, then the chances of them being able to view video that has been recorded over increase significantly.

Just to name a few of those variables :

-How old the surveillance system is.

-If it is hooked up to a computer, and what type of computer and how old the computer is.

-The software the surveillance system / computer is running.

-How the surveillance system actually records.

-The time elapsed since the incident occurred to when you are viewing the footage.

While we are on the topic of technology, I read a few posts either a couple of pages back or on a previous thread that I wanted to comment on.

There seems to be some confusion and misunderstanding about when/how cell phones 'ping' cell phone towers.

Even if a cell phone is off, it still 'pings' towers. Only removing the battery will prevent the cell phone from 'pinging'.

Obviously every time the cell phone makes a call, receives a call, sends a text, receives a text, turns on, turns off, and surfs the internet, the cell phone must connect to a tower (thus the 'ping').

Even if none of the above activities are taking place, the phone still pings surrounding cell phone towers at regular, timed intervals. This interval varies from carrier to carrier, phone to phone, and the software the phone is running.

So in short, as long as the battery is in the cell phone, and has even the slightest amount of charge, it is connecting to (pinging) cell phone towers. Regardless of activity on the phone. Simply turning the phone off will not stop it from connecting to surrounding cell phone towers.

Just wanted to clarify.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

Thanks for your informed response.
And thank you so much for explaining cell phone "pings" in layman's terms.
I think I finally get it!:)

Ohhhhh I missed the garage sale sign. [modsnip]. Even more interesting! If I bought anything from someone and eventually they were arrested for murder I would call LE ASAP. Makes ya wonder....

Yes. Very interesting.

My name is not Heather. Lol.
I have ❤️Heather❤️ on my mind.

Regarding Christmas 2013 with the formerly estranged in-laws...

Maybe this was a "reward" of sorts for SM?

Oh man, that made my stomach turn just reading that!

Regarding Christmas 2013 with the formerly estranged in-laws...
Maybe this was a "reward" of sorts for SM?

Oh wow! Didnt know Moorers went to see his folks. Would they be that devious to reconnect with the parents simply to hide Heather in that area? Seeing that she went missing so close to Christmas, this would be doable. This whole thing is bizarre. Maybe LE in that area may be thinking along the same lines and that is why they offered help to Horry County. Certainly would be worth a try, but I can't help remembering what CLu said somewhere upthread that Heather will probably be found by chance- somebody innocently coming across her. Oh, where is poor Heather?

I didn't even think of that but you make a very good point there...

Why the sudden change or heart?
Guilt?

How do ppl go on with their lives after doing something so horrible?

I wish I knew why the sudden change of heart but I do not. I don't believe that 'normal' people would be able to just go on with their lives but we all see that they are far removed from what society deems as normal. JMO

I think LE has the same idea as you Delta Dawn. This story came out last night, and Summerville is in Berkeley County right?

I saw that story last night which is why the Christmas visit is so fresh in my memory because I thought on it all night. I think unfortunately that this is all a big dot to dot for LE and this is another way to connect the dots.

Great thinking! And also by then, the deed was already done, so, thinking like Tammy, she was probably lining up support and financial help if they got charged. Hard to ask that of someone you haven't seen for a long time. Just another case of Tammy lining up what she needed, IMO.

Great thinking! And also by then, the deed was already done, so, thinking like Tammy, she was probably lining up support and financial help if they got charged. Hard to ask that of someone you haven't seen for a long time. Just another case of Tammy lining up what she needed, IMO.

Absolutely, I completely agree.

I'd hate to think that HE may have been on the trip to the inlaws for Christmas.
And with that thought I'm upset that they haven't searched around SM childhood home yet. Encouraged that the Berckley (sp??) County sheriffs are meeting with Horry County and SLED but I feel like this should have been done in December. JMO

I think it satisfies SCs, but I am not the attorney in the family and he currently is not here for me to ask.

whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

Locking an unwilling person in a car would fit the criteria, right?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Angie Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 16 Jan 2014

According to 'witness statements', Angie Pipkin was murdered, dismembered and thrown off a bridge!

Arrest Warrant: http://goo.gl/40ZbME

This is so disturbing. I just can't fathom how someone could dismember another human being. Please don't take this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect ~but, I won't even cut up a chicken. Would a person have to be in an altered mental state to carry out such a horrible act? I suppose so because normal people don't do things like this~or, do they? To fully understand how the mind of a murderer works would necessitate getting inside their head. And, that's not some place I'd want to be.
Rest In Peace~Angie Pipkin

This is so disturbing. I just can't fathom how someone could dismember another human being. Please don't take this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect ~but, I won't even cut up a chicken. Would a person have to be in an altered mental state to carry out such a horrible act? I suppose so because normal people don't do things like this~or, do they? To fully understand how the mind of a murderer works would necessitate getting inside their head. And, that's not some place I'd want to be.
Rest In Peace~Angie Pipkin

BBM

NO! Normal people do no do this. Absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98