SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few pages of backreading to do, but I wanted to share my morning with y'all first. I finally decided to venture over to PTL. I've been on the fence about whether or not to go. Part of what's been holding me back is that I don't want to be a "rubbernecker," and as such, show disrespect to the family and friends of sweet Heather. Another reason is that like most of you, I've learned to love, not only Heather, but the entire Elvis family, and I knew it was going to be such a heavy thing to do. Well, I was out having breakfast, and afterwards, I took a right, instead of the (normal) left, out of the parking lot. I just found myself driving over to Socastee. I guess my heart decided it was time.

It was early, but the tip tent was being set up at the swing bridge. I drove to the landing and that drive down PT Road felt significantly different to me this morning, than at any time in the past. I got a small smile on my face when I saw the camera at the Pixie Dust Estate. I didn't stop or get out, but coming and going, I wondered if it would have actually caught any traffic on the road. It seems to be aimed downward, directly at where a car would pull into the driveway at the gate.

At the landing, and crossing the swing bridge, I noticed that the water was beautifully glassy this morning. The sun is finally back out and there's very little wind. It was eerily quiet at the landing for a loooong 30 seconds; then the dogs started barking! At one of the trailers, that overlooks PTL, there was a kennel, with at least 2 dogs in it. My husband and I weren't making any noise, but those dogs saw us and barked at us the rest of the time we were there...which was about half an hour. For us, that ruled out drowning or anything that may have caused a struggle or commotion. We were SO QUIET, but those dogs knew we were there. I stood where I believe Heather's car was parked and tried to look around through her eyes. It was just such an eerie feeling being there. I was hoping she would speak to me or offer a clue somehow. Finally, I placed a single flower with the other flowers, candles, and keepsakes, and left the landing. I have to say, it was so incredibly sad to place that flower, while looking Heather in the eyes (on her "missing" sign), knowing this is where she likely took her last breath. :(

I know this is getting long and I have so little information that could actually help, so I'll wrap it up with this last part. Coming back down PT Road, I took a left on Mill Pond Road, and then Hwy 814. I wanted to take the back roads the M's would have taken to the landing. Well, that, and it's the most direct route. My heart got heavy and full of anger as I neared that corner where the compound is. Two things about the compound, and I'm done:

1. No sighting of a white or silver Jeep Cherokee. I didn't get out of the car, but I did stop in several places and look as thoroughly as I could from the car, with the window down. I didn't want my picture taken, and with it being TM's birthday, I thought emotions might be especially high at that address today. I saw the red truck, parked next to the camper, but no Cherokee. Of course, that doesn't mean it was confiscated. It could have been in, what I believe to be, the detached garage.

2. I was surprised at how compact the "compound" really is. All of the pics, even the aerial shots, make it look compact, but in person, it's seems even more crowded. Those houses are on top of each other. That just gives me an indescribably weird feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and my in-laws, but that's WAY too close for comfort.

Okay, that's it. Sorry for the novella. I'm going to catch up on the last few pages. I hope SOMETHING I said helps SOMEBODY figure out SOMETHING. I want so badly for Heather to come home.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder you will understand what I am saying here: The first time I ever went down, to look and try to go through the area around the parking lot, just to try and find the smallest thing, I felt very uneasy. But once I was there, I got a sense of calm and "you are okay here". Thanks for your great description of the M's home. It is way to crowded and busy for sure. Too busy. Thanks again. :loveyou:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder you will understand what I am saying here: The first time I ever went down, to look and try to go through the area around the parking lot, just to try and find the smallest thing, I felt very uneasy. But once I was there, I got a sense of calm and "you are okay here". Thanks for your great description of the M's home. It is way to crowded and busy for sure. Too busy. Thanks again. :loveyou:
I know exactly what you mean. And no "thanks" from you to me, darlin'. I think it was your exploration that, inevitably, gave me the push to finally go. So, THANK YOU!

I know exactly what you mean. And no "thanks" from you to me, darlin'. I think it was your exploration that, inevitably, gave me the push to finally go. So, THANK YOU!

THANK YOU AS WELL!!!! Maybe sometime we could go walk and explore together. I go myself or with my boyfriend. I love having other eyes with me, as we all look at things differently. Like looking at clouds and someone seeing a cloud and someone seeing a "elephant".

THANK YOU AS WELL!!!! Maybe sometime we could go walk and explore together. I go myself or with my boyfriend. I love having other eyes with me, as we all look at things differently. Like looking at clouds and someone seeing a cloud and someone seeing a "elephant".
That sounds great. I'll happily meet you, when both of our schedules permit. Two heads are better than one.

I want to thank you both for your trips and description of the landing. Having photos of the landing gave me, as an out of towner, a way to "stop by" and pay my respects to Heather and her family. The eerieness of the setting carries over the miles and the thought of Heather alone somewhere bothers me every day. I will remain restless until she is found and her murderer(s) are locked away forever.

Had Sidney had any contact with his family?
I thought Tammy wrote them off!

IIRC They spent Christmas with his family. I don't know if was Christmas Eve or Day but I do remember her posting something to the effect of it 'was so nice to have spent Christmas with them and have them back in their lives.'

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I want to thank you both for your trips and description of the landing. Having photos of the landing gave me, as an out of towner, a way to "stop by" and pay my respects to Heather and her family. The eerieness of the setting carries over the miles and the thought of Heather alone somewhere bothers me every day. I will remain restless until she is found and her murderer(s) are locked away forever.
Honestly, it's the VERY LEAST I could do. I wanted, so badly, to find something new, that might lead us to Heather. On the back roads, between PTL and the M's, I fought back tears, looking at all of the possible swamps/woods/etc, where she might be. Despite that, if anybody can think of any place at all, that might be worth having another look, let me know. I'll make time to check it out.

IIRC They spent Christmas with his family. I don't know if was Christmas Eve or Day but I do remember her posting something to the effect of it 'was so nice to have spent Christmas with them and have them back in their lives.'

This most recent Christmas? If so, that sure seems out of the blue. Could it have been damage control?

This most recent Christmas? If so, that sure seems out of the blue. Could it have been damage control?

Yes this most recent one. Damage control was my thoughts as well.

I had a thought last night that probably won't make any sense but here goes.
What if the M's used one of their suitcases to transport HE to her final resting place, whether it was the night that she disappeared and they dumped her body in water somewhere or she was kept in the suitcase in the Mickey camper till they went to Fl and disposed of her on the road. TM strikes me as very materialistic and wouldn't want an unmatched luggage set, what if she cleaned out the suitcase that they transported HE in and kept it and even though it looked clean to TM cops were able to see blood in it and that is the evidence that LE found? Maybe they keep their luggage in the Mickey camper hence easy access to it late at night. Just thinking out loud.

All I've got to say about that is I sure do hope his attorney is wrong.

I worried about that when the arrest happened without a body...I sure hope the evidence is concrete to stand up in court....I have seen way too many other cases slip through because of lack of 'concrete evidence'...

Honestly, it's the VERY LEAST I could do. I wanted, so badly, to find something new, that might lead us to Heather. On the back roads, between PTL and the M's, I fought back tears, looking at all of the possible swamps/woods/etc, where she might be. Despite that, if anybody can think of any place at all, that might be worth having another look, let me know. I'll make time to check it out.

I can hear how much you care! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to get in my truck and drive down from Maine to search. I still want to. I noticed there were many dead end left turns that led to deep forest off 814. As you said, there is no shortage of hiding spots in that area. I also was suspicious of the gravel pit/quarry property on Peachtree Rd. I'm not sure if people are allowed in there, though. Also, at one point, there was mention here that Tammy may have grown up on Peachtree Rd. If that is true, she must know some good hiding spots in the vicinity of the landing or on her old property. Just MOO, but I am sure there are dozens of better guesses. (Hard to think like a murderer). I truly wish I could join you in searching. Most important, stay safe and bring a friend. Thanks again!

I can hear how much you care! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to get in my truck and drive down from Maine to search. I still want to. I noticed there were many dead end left turns that led to deep forest off 814. As you said, there is no shortage of hiding spots in that area. I also was suspicious of the gravel pit/quarry property on Peachtree Rd. I'm not sure if people are allowed in there, though. Also, at one point, there was mention here that Tammy may have grown up on Peachtree Rd. If that is true, she must know some good hiding spots in the vicinity of the landing or on her old property. Just MOO, but I am sure there are dozens of better guesses. (Hard to think like a murderer). I truly wish I could join you in searching. Most important, stay safe and bring a friend. Thanks again!

Hi, that area backs to Mill Pond Rd and its a huge property. I have a picture I took of a pond you can see from the road. I got out to walk back but was unsure of how much trouble I would get in for being there. There is a business name I got and I have left a message for the owner to get some kind of permission to go walk around and scope out the area.

Hi, that area backs to Mill Pond Rd and its a huge property. I have a picture I took of a pond you can see from the road. I got out to walk back but was unsure of how much trouble I would get in for being there. There is a business name I got and I have left a message for the owner to get some kind of permission to go walk around and scope out the area.

Excellent! It's great how you take initiative on your hunches. It is frustrating to be so far away because I want to help. It makes it less painful to know you are doing so! Please let us all know if the owner responds to you. Thanks again. Send my love to Heather.

Which is why I don't understand why they would say the DP is off the table.

[modsnip],

Honestly, if the evidence pans out the way it seems, I'd rather see the Moorers get life without parole (or consecutive sentences ensuring they never got out) [modsnip]. [modsnip] As a juror, I'd actually be grateful if I found them guilty, to be able to vote that way without the Death penalty complicating things.

[modsnip[ as long as the Moorers never walk the streets again, I think I'd be OK with that.

Has their ever been a couple with minor children tried for the Death Penalty?

Yes this most recent one. Damage control was my thoughts as well.

Regarding Christmas 2013 with the formerly estranged in-laws...
Maybe this was a "reward" of sorts for SM?

Excellent! It's great how you take initiative on your hunches. It is frustrating to be so far away because I want to help. It makes it less painful to know you are doing so! Please let us all know if the owner responds to you. Thanks again. Send my love to Heather.

I think its awesome that you could find that exact area I have been stuck thinking about. I think that the internet is such a great tool. I just wish that we had this technology years ago, but I still seeing helping solve years old cases and I am thankful for that.

Regarding Christmas 2013 with the formerly estranged in-laws...
Maybe this was a "reward" of sorts for SM?

Agreed. Especially if that tweet in early fall was his.

Another thought...it could establish why they went to the area. If they remained estranged and it is later found out they were in the area, it would be more suspicious. By reconnecting, it gave them a reason to be there. I hope they do search that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member