SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Le takes the fact that defendants have kids into consideration regarding the DP. That is what the part after conviction, about mitigation circumstances, is for.[modsnip] JMO

Plus, I don't remember reading that Solicitor Richardson, "took the death penalty off the table." I could be wrong, but I thought he said "probably won't seek the DP in this case." Seriously, my head's throbbing right now, so I don't have the patience to find a link, but what that says to me, is that he reserves the right to change his mind. JMO.

I was thinking along the lines of rallying the troops. Speaking from past experience, when you have an estranged (immediate) family member, as the years go by, it truly becomes an "out of sight, out of mind" situation. My personal situation was with my sister, and went on for 20+ years. Had anyone come to me, or the rest of my family, during that time, and questioned us about something she allegedly did, I don't think any of us would have come to her defense. We didn't feel like we knew her, so we wouldn't have been able to support her or back her up in any way. In the (Summerville) M's situation, they MAY HAVE felt similarly. I wonder if T&M wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. In that article from the Post & Courier, when SM's Dad says he thinks they were lied to by police, I immediately wondered if T&M wanted to make nice with the Summerville M's, feed them their side of the story, and have the extra support. Does this even make sense? I have a headache and am having a hard time putting my thoughts onto the screen.

Not to make light of your post -- but I actually have a sister who lives in Surfside who I was estranged from for almost 20 years - and so I totally get what you're saying....

and on that note.....if by some weird chance this IS MY SISTER posting as Surfside ---- whaddya mean you wouldn't have vouched for me?!?!?! :rolling::Banane23:

There were some light-hearted comments yesterday about DNA and snot-rockets and such. Someone wrote about forensics and urine, etc.

I'm being serious when I ask this... if I ever found myself taken, forced into a vehicle or trunk, should I urinate and, if given the chance, tell my abductor they will never completely remove the physical evidence I was there?

And on that note, are there any apps, cell phone add-ons, etc. to covertly voice activate an emergency signal?

When I took a self-defense course years ago, the instructor told us to always
"fight at the sight."
Never get in the car, even at knife or gunpoint.

If someone points a gun at you and tries to force you into a car,
scream and run like mad in a zig-zag pattern.
Your odds are still better than if you get in the car.
Sometimes they won't shoot to avoid attention.
The gun may not be loaded, or may not even be real.
A moving target is hard to hit.
Even if you are hit, the chances it will be a fatal
are still much lower than if you get in the car.

Always let someone know your whereabouts when you're out alone at night.
Lock your car at night, even in rural areas.
Never leave your car unlocked and running while you run inside your home for a forgotten item, especially in urban areas.

If you feel uncomfortable with anyone or anything around you -
LISTEN TO YOUR GUT! - alert someone, run, don't go in, whatever... better to be wrong and feel silly.

Lock your car the second you get inside it in a parking lot.

Have your keys ready before you exit a store.

Never park beside a van or tall vehicle with tinted windows.
NEVER park between two vans.

Children are supposed to scream,
"THIS IS NOT MY PARENT," to distinguish from random kid screaming.

Don't rage, curse, yell at your attacker.
This can lead some personalities to be even more impulsive/aggressive.

If you're put in a trunk, kick out tail lights if possible.
Push hand, foot or any item outside to alert other drivers.
Remember everything you see, hear, smell, touch, feel. This may save your life later.

If an attacker is on top of you, sometimes arms are held in a way you can still get fingers near their face. Go for the eyes or nose.
Sounds gross, but the nose is a sensitive area and hooking
a finger inside a nostril and pulling can be debilitating.

The groin area is a good target for woman attackers as well as men and is often left unprotected.

If any of these things have changed, or are incorrect, please let me know.

I wonder how technology has changed self-defense strategies.

I'd love to know what to tell my girls (and boys too, for that matter).
I absolutely love all of this, so I'm not going to snip any of it. I think I remember reading that, only in special situations, is there DNA in your urine. I'm thinking you may want to pull out a couple strands of hair, bite off a fingernail, hock a loogie??? :doh: Anything to leave DNA behind, if you can't escape.

Surfside? Hoppy? Could y'all be sisters?

I also have a sister that has distanced herself from our family due to personal choices. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I could share. I didn't really see anywhere, as far as parking UNNOTICED. Of course, I wasn't thinking along those lines, so maybe I should go back and pay special attention to that, next time. PT Rd. is just a two-lane road, lined with wooded areas and swamp. There are houses and trailers too. I'm digging around in my memory from this morning and years ago, and can't think of a place that you'd go UNNOTICED. I didn't drive up the (slight) hill, into the mobile home park. I didn't know if that would be appropriate. Something tells me I'll be going back soon to look more thoroughly. It was my intention this morning to solve this mystery once and for all. I had high hopes, but it turned out to be far more emotional than I suspected. Knowing that, I think I may be more productive next time.

Hi. I know where there is land that says no trespassing bc it is federally protected. But its just woods, there isn't fencing around it. So, prob no houses and nobody going back in there often. Just a thought.

This is so disturbing. I just can't fathom how someone could dismember another human being. Please don't take this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect ~but, I won't even cut up a chicken. Would a person have to be in an altered mental state to carry out such a horrible act? I suppose so because normal people don't do things like this~or, do they? To fully understand how the mind of a murderer works would necessitate getting inside their head. And, that's not some place I'd want to be.
Rest In Peace~Angie Pipkin

Just evil...evil people do this.

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks, finally joined last week, and just getting around to making my first post. What can I say? This case has drawn me in. I live a little over an hour from Myrtle Beach but in NC. I used to frequent MB almost every weekend when I was HE's age, and I think that's one reason I identified with this case so easily. I also see quite a bit of myself when I was that age in what I've gotten to know about HE from her SM. Whatever the reason is, I feel like this case is "in my bones" and I feel the need to see it through.

My family & I made the drive down to MB for a meal & some shopping. When we drove past Broadway, my heart sank down to my stomach. When I walked into Walmart on Seaboard near 501 for our last stop of the night and saw the missing flyer for myself (not virtually), sadness weighed heavy on my shoulders. The fastest way for me to get home from there was to take 501 to 31. As I passed by all of those spots familiar to me AND HE, a couple of thoughts struck me. First, we had torrential rains in the area over the past few days. There's water EVERYWHERE. Maybe the raised water levels will work to the advantage of LE in this case. Also, as I drove down 31, I was struck by how absolutely DESOLATE the area is immediately west of the developed beach area. Driving down 31 & looking west, there's nothing but acres upon acres of woods. So many hiding places. It's rather depressing in the light of things, but I still have hope that LE gets a break that will result in being able to bring HE home...for her family's sake.

:welcome4:

Not to make light of your post -- but I actually have a sister who lives in Surfside who I was estranged from for almost 20 years - and so I totally get what you're saying....

and on that note.....if by some weird chance this IS MY SISTER posting as Surfside ---- whaddya mean you wouldn't have vouched for me?!?!?! :rolling::Banane23:
:floorlaugh:Um, uh, um...I mean, I, uh...

Seriously? That is bizarre! My sister lives in Virginia now, though. Thankfully, we're no longer estranged. I'm glad she didn't find herself in any serious trouble, during that time, and in need of an alibi or character witness. Yikes!

I wonder if when they were there SM talked with his daddy about things.....

Maybe lied to was he has told his parents he had nothing to do with it and now they are in jail bc they are cold blooded murderers. Not all families of accused criminals stay by their sides. JMO

Justice4Heather, Surfside, & hoppy...I wish that I could join y'all. PLEASE be careful. Know that you have thousands of people walking along with you in spirit. ^j^'s to walk with you and I bet Heather will be watching over you.

Y'all rock!!!

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Plus, I don't remember reading that Solicitor Richardson, "took the death penalty off the table." I could be wrong, but I thought he said "probably won't seek the DP in this case." Seriously, my head's throbbing right now, so I don't have the patience to find a link, but what that says to me, is that he reserves the right to change his mind. JMO.

Yes I agree and IMO, a woman who can commit murder because of jealousy/ or the possibility of being defeated, does not need to be raising kids - this type of person being in a parental role is scary to me- with the type of personality that may decide to finish off a teenager who may have won a competition over one of her own and could not handle the defeat so to speak, IYKWIM- just my opinion, but it has happened in the past .

42nd b'day today, right???

I was hoping she would get a real birthday surprise. Like someone turning on her. Or finding HRE. Or both.

It's coming, Tammy. Happy Birthday in H***. I feel that you've had other people there for quite a long time.

WARNING: Please remember this is the internet and is accessible to the entire world. Posting about where you live, when you will be somewhere, what you are doing, who you are, or the kind of car you drive can lead to unwanted attention. Meeting up with "virtual" friends may not always be in your best interest. Please be careful and pay attention to the personal information you post here, or anywhere on the Net.

Also - please be aware that Websleuths does not condone members inserting themselves into cases and if a member chooses to do that, they cannot post about it here.

That does not mean we don't support searchers. We do. But we like to see them in groups, with LE knowledge and approval.

Salem

I think his quote was something along the lines of "I don't see this being a death penalty case at this time" so you're right... that would def indicate he could later change his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Heather's disappearance and death is due to TCM's jealousy and desire to control her perfect personal picture/fantasy, I can't help but to wonder...if SM planned or participated in any other attacks or assaults on women that either she believed or knew to have had relations with Sidney.

I also keep coming back to the reported Moorer marital issues in 2009. That was the year Brittnae Drexel disappeared. Now that Heather disappeared, TCM, says she had her own two year fling. Could there be a pattern?

TCM, is a self professed paranoid. Since 2009, she says she left and went back to her R&R lifestyle. She also tells of having security cameras and excessive locks. She asks her Dis friends their opinions on child tracking devices.

Could she have found out or believed that SM had been with a pretty young girl. Did either SM or TCM come into contact with Brittnae? If so, then it seems likely that TCM would say she had her own boyfriend. I also wonder if either of the Moorers knew or had contact with any of the suspects in Brittnae's case.

Five years ago, SM would have been 33 and Brittnae was at the beach with the two 20 something girls. But she like Heather looked more mature and possibly older than their actual ages. But the age differences, at there respective times, was 18 years.

Then there was Amber she was 23 when SM was 37. Did SM work at any restaurant at the same time as SM? Did TCM mistake her for Heather or believe that SM had an affair with her, too.

IMO, SM strays, TCM finds out and begins her searches, stalking and attacks. Then SM helps her tie up the loose ends...

I have been having the same thought. Brittany Drexel's phone last pinged at the Santee River, south of Georgetown on Hwy 17. This is a road that SM would be very familiar with, this is the same hwy that they were on when they were allegedly shot at on 2/6, albeit north of Georgetown, not south. South of the Santee River between Georgetown and Charleston is an enormous National Forest, bisected by Hwy 45 which meanders inland to Moncks Corner and Summerville. Locals can find their way through the gravel roads in the forest, hunters know them like the backs of their hands, and kids from Summerville know it as a shortcut to Myrtle Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member