SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from your link above: Heather Elvis' case has been one that the community has followed closely, but after the court appearance Monday afternoon, it's possible we could hear very little about the next steps in the Heather Elvis case leading up to the trial. It's a new twist in the case: the Horry County Solicitor's office has filed for a gag order.
That jumped out at me, too.

so sorry! I'll have surgery Thursday to implant a spinal cord neurostimulator. I'm freeeeeeaked out. need to get groceries so hubby doesn't spend a thousand bucks feeding my crew fast food! ugh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

All the best to you and I hope you get relief from pain.

I had to step away into real life (and also, I'll admit it, this MH370 thing has sucked me in, big time) but I started thinking about sweet Heather this morning and decided to pop in. I had completely forgotten today was the bond hearing. What an odd coincidence. Hoping justice and karma do work today and hoping all my fellow Websleuthers are having a lovely, albeit dreary, Monday.

Amen sista!! my husband says if a marriage can survive a case on Websleuths, it is practically indestructible :floorlaugh:

I took my boys to school at 7 am, came home did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned up the breakfast dishes and got dinner started. I'm ready for this bond hearing!

Lol. My SO and I are both on here. We've surpassed the "how are you?" during phone calls and moved right to "so I was on websluthes" and "So what if". Dogs eat at 2 so I either feed them early today or they hold out for a little bit longer. Think I may go with earlier that way after 2 free.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

ETA: I also wanted to mention that my boyfriend probably wishes I had never found Websleuths back in December. He used to be a pretty good listener until every other conversation began with "I read on Websleuths..." And now that I've started following the missing Malaysian flight thread, in addition to this one and the parking lot, I don't really have any time to even start a conversation, period.

I'm sure my husband feels the same as your boyfriend. I noticed when I talk to him about all of this (which seems to be almost every sentence that comes out of my mouth) I talk to him like I'm here on WS. I say unnecessary things like IMO, and will turn the laptop toward him as if I am presenting a link to back up what I'm saying. :abnormal: He must think I've lost it.

rsbm:

There is a thread in the Jodi Arias Trial forum that addresses the boyfriend/husband/meals etc issue.

Many of us can give you the "4 o'clock rush" tips and tricks to WS clean in a hurry.

You must also learn how to "power nap", so you can get your WS fix in the wee hours of the morning- do the laundry at the same time, as well as make lunches. Sleep is over rated. The Aussies and Kiwis are a trip- worth staying up :)

Soon you will be a crockpot gourmet, and showering at 4:15pm ( or 4:15am if you work) becomes a habit.

Ask significant other questions you know they can answer about cases; about cars, mens' habits, math, whatever. Hang on their every word- heck, write down what they say while you state "The Ladies will be so happy to have an expert opinion!" Key to their acceptance of your addiction is making them feel included, intelligent, and important.

Those pesky friends of his that want him to come over and watch the game/go to the game, work on the car, etc etc...are now your favorite people! Let them have him! Hours of uninterrupted WS!

rsbm:

There is a thread in the Jodi Arias Trial forum that addresses the boyfriend/husband/meals etc issue.

Many of us can give you the "4 o'clock rush" tips and tricks to WS clean in a hurry.

You must also learn how to "power nap", so you can get your WS fix in the wee hours of the morning- do the laundry at the same time, as well as make lunches. Sleep is over rated.

Soon you will be a crockpot gourmet, and showering at 4:15pm ( or 4:15am if you work) becomes a habit.

Ask significant other questions you know they can answer about cases; about cars, mens' habits, math, whatever. Hang on their every word- heck, write down what they say while you state "The Ladies will be so happy to have an expert opinion!" Key to their acceptance of your addiction is making them feel included, intelligent, and important.

Those pesky friends of his that want him to come over and watch the game/go to the game, work on the car, etc etc...are now your favorite people! Let them have him! Hours of uninterrupted WS!
On a four o'clock rush clean, have you ever checked out FlyLady's Crisis Cleaning 101? I adore her. You can get your house presentable in 45 minutes. She talks you through it ALL. Try it, you'll be hooked. It's my go-to for "surprise" visitors.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24988...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Quote: "For the Moorers, Monday's bond hearing could be their chance to be released until their trial. Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson says their temporary freedom will be determined by two factors:"A risk to the community, and also flight risk. so that's the only thing the judge is going to look at."

(More at link above...)

Wow! So there is a chance the M's could be "free" until their trial...

Oh Jeez.... :no:

Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
Not sure if this has been posted. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/249888...ampaign=buffer

This jumped out at me:

"They're entitled to a bond," Truslow insisted. "And I would expect them to be given a bond, and one that they can afford."

BBM

One they can afford? Did I miss something? Since when is bond decided upon what a defendant can afford?

Maybe they were heading toward Georgetown en route to someplace else? Are there other towns past that one?

Actually, when traveling southward, US 17 splits at Georgetown into US-17 towards Charleston and US-17A toward Moncks Corner and Summerville (two towns to which SM has ties).

17 and 17A eventually rejoin near Point South on I-95 which of course leads to Florida.

Ok - I'm back. For a few minutes anyway! LOL

The fall off the hill comment: He was kinda indicating that they have whatever evidence they need for the charges and that anything else that 'falls over the hill' will just be small stuff to add to the evidence gathered prior to their arrests.

He sounded pretty confident. Also - (and I don't think it prudent to explain the details) but I've been in a courtroom with Judge John presiding - and I think he is a sound judge.

He said that normally he would file (in Columbia) the day before the bond hearing hear in Horry County - but that in this case - he will probably file in Columbia on Tuesday. He said he expects the hearing to happen at 10 - 10:30 on Monday. I think we can put some weight into that since he named the judge - so it's definitely on the Monday morning agenda for Judge John's courtroom.

Based on Hoppy's post, even if they bonded out, could there still be more charges coming?? Maybe federal?? Just a thought ...
Although I really hope they get denied bond altogether!! :please:

Here's to NO BOND and to Karma keeping her claws buried deep into the M's. :jail:

Ok so I was just reminded on the FB page that the hearing is today. Will it be aired?? I'm home today and would love to watch.

Praying for Heather. 3 months missing today.
Where are you Heather??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the Ms will even be together as a couple after this. And if they are not and if they get out, SM might go live with his mom and dad.

the gag order statement made by the solicitor makes me laugh. can't imagine if TM was let out on bond she'd be able to keep her trap shut!

I can only imagine how fast this thread will move tomorrow. I just hope it will be slow at work tomorrow so I can keep up. It literally took me more than a week to catch up when the murder charges were announced.

ETA: I also wanted to mention that my boyfriend probably wishes I had never found Websleuths back in December. He used to be a pretty good listener until every other conversation began with "I read on Websleuths..." And now that I've started following the missing Malaysian flight thread, in addition to this one and the parking lot, I don't really have any time to even start a conversation, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not...I will not...I will not go there. At least not today. :pullhair:

Nope. I deliberately made calls and sent emails over the weekend that I'd planned to go out Monday so that I could at least semi-follow along here. When I'm busy at work, it's easy for me to fall an entire week behind in posts because its too mentally exhausting for me to deal with work stuff then come to WS and read real life horror stories.

You're very good at prioritizing!

This jumped out at me:

BBM

One they can afford? Did I miss something? Since when is bond decided upon what a defendant can afford?
Yeah, no. Bond must be reasonable and the Eighth Amendment says that it cannot be excessive but nowhere does that translate to affordable, as affordable is a subjective term, varying by personal wealth level. Bail is set by the crime, whether a person is a flight risk, etc. They do travel often, and often with little planning and they are charged with murder.

Unfortunately, since they've lived in the area several years, their families live there, they can argue they've worked in the community and have little criminal history, it is a possibility.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/249888...ampaign=buffer

Heather Elvis' case has been one that the community has followed closely, but after the court appearance Monday afternoon, it's possible we could hear very little about the next steps in the Heather Elvis case leading up to the trial. It's a new twist in the case: the Horry County Solicitor's office has filed for a gag order.

Maybe he saw the condition of the house, thus a GAG order. :giggle:
'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members