SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the attorney for TM has now confirmed that indeed what the defense knows is what the police reports say.

http://m.wmbfnews.com/#!/newsDetail/24996166?orgId=685

"McCollum says prosecutors haven't yet released evidence, as will be required during the discovery portion of the case, so most of what he's seen is coming from police reports.

"I haven't seen anything so far, that really significantly incriminates her," McCollum said."

In regard to the PTL issue, if this was the murder scene, it seems a problem for the state that the officer called TE and they examined the car themselves, then left the area unsecured. (I don't know that the question of whether or not the car was released to TE at that time was ever answered). Plus, a good deal of time had already passed between the murder and the discovery of the car, and this gap will also no doubt be taken up by the defense. Who else might have been there and tampered with or unwittingly destroyed evidence? Etc.

It's obvious to me that LE cherry-picked what they presented today to satisfy the court in their request for no bond, and they have more that will emerge in discovery and at trial. I hope they have what they say they have, because I believe this defense is going to come out swinging and any guilty verdict will be hard won. Unless they have something solid from the landing, I think the timeline on a murder at PTL will be particularly difficult for the state.

I don't doubt the M's are the guilty parties (although I think they've had some help), but in a case of mostly, perhaps entirely circumstantial evidence, and no body, the slope looks a little slippery to me. I could be wrong, but I think if LE had substantial hard evidence, there would have been some negotiating between the state and the defense by now.

I don't believe a thing coming out of the M's mouth, so SM's tale of being cuffed to the bed and having no phone access sounds like a large load to me.

And I never thought Heather was 'in love' with SM or desired to jump back into the affair that night/next morning. I've always thought she disentangled from SM out of fear and a desire to move on. So I really wonder what she was told or perhaps even threatened with to motivate her to go to PTL.

That's why I keep looking at the huge marshy area to the north of the M house. Their house faces that direction and it's possible TM wanted her where she could "keep an eye an her."

That area is large fields with a few ponds. The area facing directly across from TM parent's home is wooded swamp.

Well I don't think it is really that unbelievable considering the control freak tm appears to be. She certainly seems to be totally domineering.

I thought TM was controlling before but after today's hearing revelations about:
handcuffs, going to work with the husband qnd taking away a phone and monitoring SM pages...... Domineering isn't a strong enough word.

What keeps going through my head is the ' possibility' that SM coerced HE into meeting him knowing all along that TM was going to kill HE. again this is just moo but if is close to what happened both the Ms are pure evil.

"I'm nobody you need to worry about anymore". Heather Elvis

Heather's stating the above was the single most thing that came out in court today, that stuck out to me. I thought how her family felt seeing that. The statement spoke to her moving out of this phase and moving forward in her life. It was so sad to me. I hope Heather will be brought home to her family very soon.

Oh my goodness. I missed an important day in this case.

Going to catch up.

Prayers for Heather and her family.

And hoping that SM turns on TM immediately and tells LE where she is. This has gone on way too long not knowing where Heather is.

Anyone know if the business near the M 's home had cameras that
caught them leaving their home on the day HE was killed? Tia

Well, I would think he would have to ask Pretty Please May I go to work now?
IMOO.

----------------------------------------------
and in between her having some incessant need to police SM every move along with her admitting sleeping until noon, no wonder no housework was ever done. I don't understand how ANY THING got done that she claimed in court that supposedly keeps her so grounded within the community.

the preliminary hearing will be on March 28. the prosecutors will have to lay out why they think they arrested the right people. the judge will rule on it and either dismiss the charges or bound them over for trial.
the Grand Jury was not used to get the indictments so there will be a prelim.

Thanks you for that. The GJ question has been driving me crazy.

Are you in the legal field in SC?

Oh my goodness. I missed an important day in this case.

Going to catch up.

Prayers for Heather and her family.

And hoping that SM turns on TM immediately and tells LE where she is. This has gone on way too long not knowing where Heather is.

I wondered where you were! :seeya: today's hearing was something else!

There's absolutely nothing that Tammy Moorer could say that I would believe without independent corroboration and some form of proof. I suspect 99.9% of what she says is either an outright lie or an embellished fantasy. And I don't believe SM's claims either.

I was watching this 20/20 episode where people hire hitmen to take out their spouse or in one case it was their boyfriends girlfriend. They didn't know they were hiring undercover ATF agents. I was thinking of two things. In all of the cases the price is $5,000 up front and $5,000 when finished. Not sure where to go with it because they still had the money.... The other thing was one of the ATFs suggested putting the body in a metal tub, filling it with cement and dumping it in the water, so it will sink. It made me think of that. I know they checked PTL, but they went to FL, so they could have done that anywhere.

there was a case in CA where a tenant at a rental house accidentally chipped a large cement sculpture in his yard exposing a hidden corpse! His landlord had murdered someone and hidden the body within a sphere of cement that sat quietly right out in the open until it was damaged by accident.

That's true, however keep in mind LE is making their best guess at that point of the writing of the arrest warrant in light of what they believe at that time. They may come to find out she was actually murdered somewhere else -- maybe close by, maybe somewhere else; that won't change the case or enable the release of the M's.

Using your post because you mention something I have been wondering. LE got the arrest warrants stating the murder happened at PTL. If they find out it didn't, does that change the warrant or anything? I don't know legal things like this. My assumption is you don't get the warrant until you know for certain, otherwise it would be done under false pretense, the defense could argue. This murder at PTL is really throwing me. I really hope they have everything they need. I just have this bad feeling. So many guilty people get found innocent.

I do too, but if they divulge where her body is, it's admission of guilt and zero chance for acquittal. They know what evidence there is as they committed the crime, but they aren't sure how much of it LE knows or has found, so I suppose they figure their chances are better keeping quiet. Sadly, I also think TM doesn't mind causing the Elvis family more grief and pain by their continued silence.

Yes, exactly, and in regard to Heather's location, unless someone rolls I think it's unlikely she'll ever be recovered. I think both parties have enough shared involvement that it likely doesn't pay to talk, and it's not going to be a DP case so there's no risk in remaining silent. And, it appears SM's atty is taking the road of SM being unaware of what was going on around him at the time of the disappearance. You know, after he was on the phone with her and she was calling him from PTL, and....

Using your post because you mention something I have been wondering. LE got the arrest warrants stating the murder happened at PTL. If they find out it didn't, does that change the warrant or anything? I don't know legal things like this. My assumption is you don't get the warrant until you know for certain, otherwise it would be done under false pretense, the defense could argue. This murder at PTL is really throwing me. I really hope they have everything they need. I just have this bad feeling. So many guilty people get found innocent.

A warrant is based on probable cause and investigations tend to be ongoing, so it's always possible that known facts can change in any case. It doesn't invalidate the warrant, it just means new information may come to light that allows the state to have different trajectories in their case. For instance if the state finds out Heather was actually killed in a vehicle not directly at PTL, there would still be a murder charge but when they present the case they would naturally present the most current information they had.

Or the locksmith being called back...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah! that could very well explain the locksmith! and the delay in booking! good grief this case is crazy beyond words!

What if TM pulled up and HE was standing outside of the car, she hit her with the truck, loaded her into the truck, and the $5000 was to quick repair damages to the truck. I don't think this was how she was KILLED. I think it was just a quick way to disable her to get her into the car. Sadly, I think TM would live for the torture of Heather.

That could account for the few hours difference in booking times.

Could very well be. Also sm could've earned his wings by Heather's demise. I think tm handcuffed him in order to keep him from sneaking off to meet Heather at ptl during her drink induced slumber. Sm's belated booking says to me he told LE about the 6mth conditions and the texts from tm to Heather that led to the I.e. charges against tm. The prosecution brought up this 6mth information. This leads me to believe sm will talk. Why else would a husband tell police he was handcuffed? Imo to deflect guilty. To blame someone else. And sm even told on tm about the sexts to boot! Leading to more charges! I'm very curious to know why the I.e. charges were indisposed on tm but not on sm.

Inside of a vehicle can be very quiet. Silencing gunshots. Imo. I don't think at dark and in chilly night air Heather would get out and stand away from her vehicle. Creepy area and chilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919