SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon viewing HE's SM accounts, I agree with some others that she was personally conflicted. But who is not at that age? She may be more poetic than most; however, I doubt she was depressed. I believe she was searching for some level of identity. Much like one who is in college and switches his/her major for the umpth time. It is normal. What is not normal is disappearing without a trace.

Upon viewing HE's SM accounts, I agree with some others that she was personally conflicted. But who is not at that age? She may be more poetic than most; however, I doubt she was depressed. I believe she was searching for some level of identity. Much like one who is in college and switches his/her major for the umpth time. It is normal. What is not normal is disappearing without a trace.

I'm concerned that her emotional turmoil might have made her vulnerable to exploitation by someone who did not have her best interests at heart.

With all due respect, while SM accounts are not enough information to determine if someone is depressed, there is also not enough information to rule it out. It is certainly plausible. However, suicide is on the very end of the depression continuum, and with everything she had going for her (loving family, new job, etc.), I doubt that this is a likely scenario. However, being depressed is certainly something that can contribute to letting your guard down...

I'm concerned that her emotional turmoil might have made her vulnerable to exploitation by someone who did not have her best interests at heart.

ITA: per my post above, we were clearly cross posting and on the same page about this....

Slightly o/t:

http://www.live5news.com/story/24337962/balloon-released-in-iowa-found-in-sc-and-message-travels-along-with-it

Balloon released in Iowa found in SC, and message travels along with it
Posted: Dec 31, 2013 3:46 PM CST
Updated: Dec 31, 2013 3:46 PM CST
By PJ Randhawa

"A mysterious note tied to a balloon drops in the middle of a corn field in Cameron.

It could have easily been mistaken for a piece of trash, but the message it carried touched hundreds of thousands of people around the world.

This is truly the kind of story you can't make up. In fact, WIS spent much of our investigation tracking down all the people involved in this case across three different states.

A message delivered by the winds was found in November by Ginger Myer Howe and her family.

The note read: "Happy birthday baby dragonfly. Alissa was murdered at 16 months old, and her killer remains free. It says baby Alissa's Iowa Army."

With all due respect, while SM accounts are not enough information to determine if someone is depressed, there is also not enough information to rule it out. It is certainly plausible. However, suicide is on the very end of the depression continuum, and with everything she had going for her (loving family, new job, etc.), I doubt that this is a likely scenario. However, being depressed is certainly something that can contribute to letting your guard down...

With all due respect and IMVHO...if suicide had been the intent, wouldn't it have been easy to park the car and walk down the boat ramp~into the deep darkness? And, IF that were the case, a body would have been found by now.

I think one of the problems that you have with HE, it's not a cold case where there is no leads or investigative information.

Just from her social media accounts viewable to the public and the amount of friends she is associated with they have more than tons of information to investigate. Again this is just my opinion.

Another strong impact on this case is the involvement of the family. They immediately stepped into action with unbelievable resources with the printing company and the support from the community and now with social media I want to say they have over 20,000 likes on her page.

Now as far as a LE Agency releasing information on a case it all depends on how much information they have gathered and if there are any potential suspects that they are very close to getting warrants on. Releasing that kind of information prematurely to the media into the public can completely destroy the case and there's nothing worse for a family to go through the pain of losing a loved one let alone case they can't be prosecuted.

What's even more astonishing because of this incident another family will get to lay their loved one to rest because of the search efforts of the search groups that were brought together because of social media.

Heaven help me for this comparison, but I think it's a good one - I compare the way Heather's family is handling her case to how Natalee Holloway's family did. Intelligent families with a huge support system, utilizing persons from all walks of life...pairing it all with every single kind of social media they can find. I applaud them! Such amazing strength...and such lovely people. I'm sending many good wishes their way.

Re the LE, if they suspect there's similarities between HE's disappearance & others from the area, they could be looking at a potential serial. If that's the case, they'd better not release ANY info that could tip off the perp.

There's things that have been released in this case that the police didn't publicly release, wasn't mentioned in the media either, & I'm not referring to public social media accounts of HE's either. Does it make a difference we now know the position Heather's car was parked, or that her license was left in her car? Is that something that le could have used to their advantage? I know one thing- there's a big difference between her car being parked on the side of the road facing the water vs her car looking like it pulled up next to somebody & left parked in that spot facing the water. If the car was parked in the middle of the road then that suggests she was meeting somebody there, that she possibly knew them, or that the person driving it wasn't her and just parked & rolled.

Her Tumblr shows lots of depression, a weight fixation & sexual identity issues. The way I see it is there's 4 choices: left of her own will (suicide but not seeing it tbh), an ex that's responsible for her disappearance &/or incapacitation, an accident in which a friend knows about but afraid to speak, or serial. If something happened to her by a stranger, it'd be hard to think its the murderers first when considering all the missing young women in that tri state area.

CC880, welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for the nice things you said abut us here. It was very sweet. :loveyou:

BRINGING THIS FORWARD FROM THREAD 1:

Originally Posted by myrtlebeachlove View Post
Maybe no relation but check out the amber berbiglia story another recent murder in north myrtle. These have hit far to close to home with me but it should be considered as rated as well.

That would be a subject for another thread however. This is to find Heather with there here and now information

<QUOTING MYSELF FOR REFERENCE>
Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post

Links to Amber's story:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/227178...mber-berbiglia

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22172791/f...man-found-dead

http://justiceforamber.org/

"Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass. Her car was running. Her phone was chirping with email and missed call alerts just a few inches from her fingertips.

"She had been injured severely and was deceased when we arrived. She was near her vehicle and there were no witnesses on scene," says Horry County Police detective Jonathan Martin.

"She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson."

WTH? OMG? How is this the first time Amber's name is coming up here?! How did I miss this case in my initial searches?! Any updates in this case? Do we have a thread for her? Any suspects? Holy moly, this is potentially HUUUUUGGGGGEEE...poor Amber!! Where is this on a map and in relation to Heather's case?

Thank you Myrtlebeachlove for bringing this case to our attention!!!

Are there any possible connections between Amber and Heather? Where did Amber work, etc etc etc.

Not trying to distract from Heather's thread, but I think its important to consider the possibility that her case could be related to Amber's. jmo In exploring this possibility, I'm trying to find out if there could be any possible connections between these 2 girls.

I came across this photo of Amber on her justiceforamber.orgpage.

It appears to be a standard server attire. (Note the white dress shirt, black tie and pens). Does anyone know where Amber worked?

22157035_BG5.jpg

Going back to Amber's thread....

Link to Amber's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208106

Here is a street view map showing where Amber was found, courtesy of scorekeeper in Amber's thread. Thank you scorekeeper.
http://goo.gl/maps/vMigN

With all due respect and IMVHO...if suicide had been the intent, wouldn't it have been easy to park the car and walk down the boat ramp~into the deep darkness? And, IF that were the case, a body would have been found by now.

Exactly. If suicide was the intent, she would have been found by now, IMO. I'm just concerned, as I said, that she was feeling down, for whatever reason, and that caused her to let her guard down, probably to someone she thought could be trusted, or possibly to someone else, that she just misjudged for whatever reason.

I was her age not too long ago. Raised in a baptist church in the south. I went through some deep depression at about the same age. Dated a guy that treated me like dirt. Then moved on to a great guy that broke my heart. I had and still have a very loving family. I wanted to disappear or kill myself. I never did either. Thankfully, I was never in harms way. I may have gone for trouble. All the while thinking I was invincible.

I think this why this case bothers me so. I was in MB drunk off my tail at 20. Praying for her family. Where are you sweet girl?

Still no word from LE clearing current or ex romantic involvements...

It's been said Heather didn't usually carry a purse. Did she by chance use a wristlet? I almost always use a wristlet everywhere I go. It fits my iPhone, my boys' pics, money, license, cc, wide tooth comb bc I have straight hair & lip gloss - all my needs.

On the facebook page it's asking for volunteers for a search near Tidewater Rd..... this really makes me think they think she's not alive. :(

Okay, more speculative brainstorming on my part...

Say one of Heather's former romantic partners wanted to get back with Heather, or was still obssessed with her so to speak. If he found out, maybe even by Heather's own words, that she had decided to date someone else, maybe he showed up at her house that night. He might have even said (or she might have said), "Let's go for a drive and talk about things..."

I am reminded of a case out of Denver, can't remember which one, sorry, where the boyfriend and girlfriend got into an argument while driving. The car wrecked, and the boyfriend tried to blame her fatal injury of blunt force trauma to the head on the car accident. But it was eventually determined by the evidence that the injury the victim sustained was from his hand, and not as a result of the accident.

I was her age not too long ago. Raised in a baptist church in the south. I went through some deep depression at about the same age. Dated a guy that treated me like dirt. Then moved on to a great guy that broke my heart. I had and still have a very loving family. I wanted to disappear or kill myself. I never did either. Thankfully, I was never in harms way. I may have gone for trouble. All the while thinking I was invincible.

I think this why this case bothers me so. I was in MB drunk off my tail at 20. Praying for her family. Where are you sweet girl?

Omg the stories I could tell of some of my younger years! This poor girl needs to be found and hopefully safe too!

Another thing about depression is that when you're falling into that trap (been there, done that), the fact of loving family, new job, things going great, etc. can actually make it worse. One can begin to feel guilty for feeling so depressed when one has so much to be grateful for, or afraid of disappointing one's family and friends. If you're dealing with sexual orientation issues, it's possible to convince yourself that you're such an evil person they can never accept you and they would be better off without you than with knowing who you really are. And yeah, you're really vulnerable to bad advice, exploitation, and false friendship.

As I said, been there, done that. Except obviously I didn't kill myself. Thought about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay