SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, more speculative brainstorming on my part...

Say one of Heather's former romantic partners wanted to get back with Heather, or was still obssessed with her so to speak. If he found out, maybe even by Heather's own words, that she had decided to date someone else, maybe he showed up at her house that night. He might have even said (or she might have said), "Let's go for a drive and talk about things..."

I am reminded of a case out of Denver, can't remember which one, sorry, where the boyfriend and girlfriend got into an argument while driving. The car wrecked, and the boyfriend tried to blame her injury of severe blunt force trauma to the head on the car accident. But it was eventually dtermined by the evidence that the injury the victim sustained was from his hand, and not as a result of the accident.

I have wondered if her going on a date angered an ex.

With all due respect and IMVHO...if suicide had been the intent, wouldn't it have been easy to park the car and walk down the boat ramp~into the deep darkness? And, IF that were the case, a body would have been found by now.

You read my mind. It does seem so much like the Natalie Holloway case.

I'm going to be blunt and hope this doesn't break the rules

Warning Discretion Advised!!!

90 + % of females that choose suicide hang themselves. Not to get anymore graphic of how and why it is just that. Extremely heart breaking when investigating.

And usually planned well and in a well known area in the woods where they have been several times before or inside their residences.

Jumping in the water it's very uncommon unless off a bridge.

According to all public information there is nothing indicating this.

However here is the catch 22. She did go boating what appeared often and in the same area if I read correctly from her twitter post. Which I believe she was very familiar with the local waterways.

Sexual identity issue ? What I got from reading her posts is it appeared she liked both genders but I didn't see any identity issues nor did she mind saying who or what turned her on.

Typical 20 + Y/O ?? I don't think so. IMO she appeared comfortable with expressing every detail in a how can I say , profound way ?

Her parents appear to be god loving church attending people. But on her SM it was like she is and was in a 20 YO rebellious living out in her own type way if that makes any sense.

And this is why some people judged her for that , this is why I believe she was very capable of handling her own.

I heard some info tonight from one of my family members who knows almost everyone in town, she spoke to someone she knows who is in LE here... don't know if I'm allowed to repeat what I heard here.. what are the rules about that?

Okay, more speculative brainstorming on my part...

Say one of Heather's former romantic partners wanted to get back with Heather, or was still obssessed with her so to speak. If he found out, maybe even by Heather's own words, that she had decided to date someone else, maybe he showed up at her house that night. He might have even said (or she might have said), "Let's go for a drive and talk about things..."

I am reminded of a case out of Denver, can't remember which one, sorry, where the boyfriend and girlfriend got into an argument while driving. The car wrecked, and the boyfriend tried to blame her injury of severe blunt force trauma to the head on the car accident. But it was eventually dtermined by the evidence that the injury the victim sustained was from his hand, and not as a result of the accident.

Thinking more about this, brainstorming on this some more, could Heather have even possibly driven over to an ex's home to pick up some of her things she might have left over there, (clothes, etc.), and an altercation possibly unfolded at that location?

I think that too much influence is being placed on HE social media, especially tumblr. tumblr is the new version of a diary. It is for anything that a person finds interesting/tittivating/shocking/whatever it does not mean Heather is gay. It doesn't mean she's not. She is young, in an age where young people fully believe that any bodily expression of love is beautiful, like the Hippies.

I know it may be a shock to her family, but her tumblr doesn't mean anything. Gosh, if I went missing my tumblr and other SM would suggest all kinds of things but in my RL it would be 99.9% my x was involved.

MOO I think she met up with an on/off boyfriend and something happened. OR she met up with her on/off boyfriend and his girlfriend and something happened. I wouldn't be surprised if she was found in the water somewhere close and it turned out to be a sad, pathetic, case of jealousy and immaturity. JMOO.

:praying:
On the facebook page it's asking for volunteers for a search near Tidewater Rd..... this really makes me think they think she's not alive. :(

I really hate to say this~but, deep in my heart, I have the same feeling and I can't handle it. :cry:

I heard some info tonight from one of my family members who knows almost everyone in town, she spoke to someone she knows who is in LE here... don't know if I'm allowed to repeat what I heard here.. what are the rules about that?

No, because it is hearsay :(

On the facebook page it's asking for volunteers for a search near Tidewater Rd..... this really makes me think they think she's not alive. :(

Tells me that they are going to thoroughly do a K9 ground search of the area where the skeletal remains were located, at three different locations, to verify that nothing was overlooked, and that there are not others, imo.

Tidewater Rd, Waccamaw Blvd and Ronald McNair Blvd
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

Question: it has been stated upstream in Thread 1 that Heather was due to start a new job at a salon. Was she going to continue working at the Tilted Kilt, in addition to her new job, or was she completely resigning from the Titled Kilt? And if the answer is B, she was leaving the Tilted Kilt entirely, why was she leaving her job there? More money? Better Location / Hours? Or could she have been having some major problems at work either via customers, coworkers (sexual harassment), mean/jealous girls, etc. Sometimes places where a lot of females work can be little catty, if you know what I mean...

90 + % of females that choose suicide hang themselves. Not to get anymore graphic of how and why it is just that. Extremely heart breaking when investigating.

And usually planned well and in a well known area in the woods where they have been several times before or inside their residences.

However here is the catch 22. She did go boating what appeared often and in the same area if I read correctly from her twitter post. Which I believe she was very familiar with the local waterways.

Sexual identity issue ? What I got from reading her posts is it appeared she liked both genders but I didn't see any identity issues nor did she mind saying who or what turned her on.

Typical 20 + Y/O ?? I don't think so. IMO she appeared comfortable with expressing every detail in a how can I say , profound way ?

Her parents appear to be god loving church attending people. But on her SM it was like she is and was in a 20 YO rebellious living out in her own type way if that makes any sense.

And this is why some people judged her for that , this is why I believe she was very capable of handling her own.
From the National Institute of Mental Health
Are women or men at higher risk?

Suicide was the seventh leading cause of death for males and the fifteenth leading cause of death for females in 2007.1
Almost four times as many males as females die by suicide.1
Firearms, suffocation, and poison are by far the most common methods of suicide, overall. However, men and women differ in the method used, as shown below.1

Suicide by: Males (%) Females (%)
Firearms 56 30
Suffocation24 21
Poisoning 13 40

Research shows that risk factors for suicide include:

depression and other mental disorders, or a substance-abuse disorder (often in combination with other mental disorders). More than 90 percent of people who die by suicide have these risk factors.2
prior suicide attempt
family history of mental disorder or substance abuse
family history of suicide
family violence, including physical or sexual abuse
firearms in the home,3 the method used in more than half of suicides
incarceration
exposure to the suicidal behavior of others, such as family members, peers, or media figures.2

I really hate to say this~but, deep in my heart, I have the same feeling and I can't handle it. :cry:

:therethere:

Stay Strong, Lady Hawkke. We are here for you. You are going to get through this.

:grouphug:

So sorry LadyHawkke wish I could say something to take the pain away for you and your family. All I can do is pray for all of you and for Heather... :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When did Christmas break begin for Soccastee High and St. James High? If kids were out of school and were out late roaming around the area they may have seen or heard something that they may not tell their parents. It may not be a bad idea for HCPD to mention to the principle for the staff to listen closely to see what they possibly know when classes start back.
*For those that don't live in the area, Soccastee High School is very close to Peachtree Road.*

I've prayed for you and your family and keep doing so.

Had I not been sick as heck the past few days, I'd be there helping search. Xoxo from up the coast.

Oh, LadyHawkke, I hate that your family is going through this!
I am sending love and prayers to you and your family!

Thanx for sharing, rizzo0904..
This seems like an extremely long distance for scavengers to carry skeletal remains of one individual, imo.. We may be looking at a multiple victim disposal/ritual grounds site, jmho.. Guess, time will tell..

Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard to Ronald McNair Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC> estimate between 800 to 1,000 meters if the article is accurate. That is a helluva distance.. Seems Coroner Edge may be speculating a little..imo
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

I agree; I also wonder if LE is downplaying this find sort of like the first find "No Foul Play Suspected". I think their trying to figure out who else/or how many bodies might be here. Also if HE's FB page is asking for volunteer's for Tidewater Rd search again what does LE suspect of this area?

snipped by me

Not to nitpick but I think that might be backwards. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11079640 Women are far more likely to use poisoning and other "nonviolent" methods as opposed to male-preferred methods like guns and hanging. It accounts for why more women attempt suicide but are prevented from completing it; overdosing isn't immediate and you're likely to be found by someone in the meantime.

Overall, suicide victims are found rather quickly after being reported missing. It's hard to hide yourself unless you're an avid outdoorsman, which I don't think anyone believes HE to be. JMO

I don't know. I personally witnessed a male take his life just a few yards from me.

Till the day I die I have always ask why how or what if.

No study or statistic will ever make sense of it.

Not too long ago we had a young girl take her life because of family issues.

It's so sad and yes all the signs were there before hand but most of the cases I've heard of and seen you'd never have expected it. Especially from the young girl.

From the National Institute of Mental Health
Are women or men at higher risk?

Suicide was the seventh leading cause of death for males and the fifteenth leading cause of death for females in 2007.1
Almost four times as many males as females die by suicide.1
Firearms, suffocation, and poison are by far the most common methods of suicide, overall. However, men and women differ in the method used, as shown below.1

Suicide by: Males (%) Females (%)
Firearms 56 30
Suffocation24 21
Poisoning 13 40

Research shows that risk factors for suicide include:

depression and other mental disorders, or a substance-abuse disorder (often in combination with other mental disorders). More than 90 percent of people who die by suicide have these risk factors.2
prior suicide attempt
family history of mental disorder or substance abuse
family history of suicide
family violence, including physical or sexual abuse
firearms in the home,3 the method used in more than half of suicides
incarceration
exposure to the suicidal behavior of others, such as family members, peers, or media figures.2

I agree with you on everything, except what I bolded. I don't disagree per se, only question it bc her Facebook (that her family was on) was entirely different than her Tumblr. Her Tumblr was way more graphic & showed a different side of her. Maybe she was exploring? Idk, don't care, might not even matter. However, the main reason I asked about her church and if her parents were pastors earlier is bc I had a very good great grand wonderful beautiful best friend that killed himself when we were 17 bc he was gay, his parents were very religious Baptists that wouldn't accept it bc they were taught it was a sin. He was told he'd be excommunicated as well as disowned. So he ended his life. His twin brother has never gotten over it. He is the reason I'll never ever judge orientation, race, creed, status...yada yada. Not all churches are like that, I know this, but it made me wonder when I read how religious her family & loved ones are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member