SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to hope that LE's silence is because they know something, and not because they don't know anything.

Thanx for sharing, rizzo0904..
This seems like an extremely long distance for scavengers to carry skeletal remains of one individual, imo.. We may be looking at a multiple victim disposal/ritual grounds site, jmho.. Guess, time will tell..

Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard to Ronald McNair Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC> estimate between 800 to 1,000 meters if the article is accurate. That is a helluva distance.. Seems Coroner Edge may be speculating a little..imo
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

I mapped out the distance on Google... 1.3 miles. That's a fair distance & definitely seems a bit far to me too... for a scavenger bird, anyway... a coyote possibly would though... & they're all over the place down here.

In fact... I watched a story on the local news, less than a month or two ago, about an increase in the number of reported coyote sightings to animal control in recent months. The report advised pet owners to make sure their outdoor cats or dogs are kept in a safe area because coyotes appear to be losing their fear of humans. They apparently have no reservations about showing themselves to pet owners who are out walking their dogs in broad daylight.

I am not sure when the next CUE search for Heather will take place. I do know plans are in the works, though. Don't flame me for saying it that way - IDK a better way to put it.

FoxNews picked up the story, so national media is now involved. I hope others are reporting on it, too.

I saw Dawn Drexel at the search IC Saturday, so I would assume you're right about her helping the Elvis family. I don't know the level of her involvement, though. Her strength and resolve are amazing, though.

According to the FHE FB page there will be a search fri sat and part of sun. IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mapped out the distance on Google... 1.3 miles. That's a fair distance & definitely seems a bit far to me too... for a scavenger bird, anyway... a coyote possibly would though... & they're all over the place down here.

In fact... I watched a story on the local news, less than a month or two ago, about an increase in the number of reported coyote sightings to animal control in recent months. The report advised pet owners to make sure their outdoor cats or dogs are kept in a safe area because coyotes appear to be losing their fear of humans. They apparently have no reservations about showing themselves to pet owners who are out walking their dogs in broad daylight.

Coyotes are a HUGE problem here right now.

I wonder if there happened to be any "after parties" with the Tilted Kilt crew. I know that folks in the service industry like to get together with each other sometimes after work. Even though Heather didn't work that night, maybe she left to go meet up with some friends from work at one of their houses, or bar/club

Snipped.

One thing about the food & beverage business, most of your friends are also in food & bev because they're the only people available at the same times you are.

Question, and sorry if this has been mentioned, but I don't recall any posts indicating that Heather any health issues. Just confirming that Heather had no known health conditions, and was not taking any medication? (I was thinking about this today because of Pat Viola's case; she was an epileptic.) I would think if there were any health issues, this would have already been mentioned in the initial press releases / flyers, etc.

From the National Institute of Mental Health
Are women or men at higher risk?

Suicide was the seventh leading cause of death for males and the fifteenth leading cause of death for females in 2007.1
Almost four times as many males as females die by suicide.1
Firearms, suffocation, and poison are by far the most common methods of suicide, overall. However, men and women differ in the method used, as shown below.1

Suicide by: Males (%) Females (%)
Firearms 56 30
Suffocation24 21
Poisoning 13 40

Research shows that risk factors for suicide include:

depression and other mental disorders, or a substance-abuse disorder (often in combination with other mental disorders). More than 90 percent of people who die by suicide have these risk factors.2
prior suicide attempt
family history of mental disorder or substance abuse
family history of suicide
family violence, including physical or sexual abuse
firearms in the home,3 the method used in more than half of suicides
incarceration
exposure to the suicidal behavior of others, such as family members, peers, or media figures.2

Again, I don't believe this is a suicide. Too hard to hide your own body. I've been told by LE and one suicide awareness instructor (we had a suicide at a place where I worked) females will usually take their life with an overdose. AND it will be in their room or a hotel room. Above statistics seem to bear part of that out (poisoning). A body would likely have been found by now.

I can't relate completely because I am not a woman. But when I was 19 or 20 that was rough time for me. But I didn't commit suicide and I had ready access to firearms and some prescription meds (parents). Didn't do it. Not even close. I don't see anything here that is any different than a lot of 19 or 20 year old's.

does anyone ever swim in this area? Was it a warm evening? sit on a dock enjoying the moonlight? accident? is this a lake? river?

Thanx for sharing, rizzo0904..
This seems like an extremely long distance for scavengers to carry skeletal remains of one individual, imo.. We may be looking at a multiple victim disposal/ritual grounds site, jmho.. Guess, time will tell..

Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard to Ronald McNair Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC> estimate between 800 to 1,000 meters if the article is accurate. That is a helluva distance.. Seems Coroner Edge may be speculating a little..imo
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0
I'm not sure that the distance is so much, as the crow flies, though. Attached is a screen shot of the area. It depends on WHERE near Ronald McNair Blvd that the additional remains were found. The original report said the first found remains were near Tidewater and Waccamaw, which puts it behind the Gas Station on the NW side of Tidewater, or behind the hotel on the SE side of Tidewater. IF the remains were found on the NW side, then it could be less than 500 ft to where the second set of remains were found. (Phil Gray rd, also called State Rd S-26-1018 is also Tidewater, and that is the road I believe they are referring to-See second screenshot marked Tidewater)

Attachments

• HeatherElvis, Waccamaw Myrtle Beach, SC.jpg
    HeatherElvis, Waccamaw Myrtle Beach, SC.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 29
  • HeatherElvis, Tidewater Myrtle Beach, SC.jpg
    HeatherElvis, Tidewater Myrtle Beach, SC.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 26
On instagram she says her parents hate her tattoos..........when did she get them? Where on her body? What did they say or mean? It may be a clue if it said something sad, or was of a culture, a saying? poem? if it was a small flower or star, I doubt if parents would hate them. Just thinking out loud about all clues...........

Answered this earlier, but since this is a new thread...
The two I know about are:
1) compass pointer style tattoo on inner left forearm
2) large sea turtle tat on her tummy to left side of her torso

I have heard she has at least one more, but have not heard any details. ??

does anyone ever swim in this area? Was it a warm evening? sit on a dock enjoying the moonlight? accident? is this a lake? river?

High 55. Low 32. Thanks for asking because I'd been meaning to look that up!

Coyotes are a HUGE problem here right now.

http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-06092011-103357/

Four adult pig carcasses were placed within a wildlife center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in order to determine what conditions animals utilize carrion and which animal species engage in scavenging. The cadavers were deposited without any protective covering and wildlife cameras were placed around the pigs in order to document animal scavenging. In two cases cameras showed that coyotes were the initial animal scavengers followed by opossums. In another case coyotes were inferred to have scavenged the pig due to discovering a similar pattern of disarticulation as compared to the previous two scenes.

In the third case turkey vultures skeletonized the pig within twenty-four hours. In this case, the site had less tree cover than the other sites, thus making the cadaver more accessible to avian scavengers. In cases where coyotes interacted with the carrion, the skeletal remains were recovered in a linear distribution with the cranium in the original location of the body, the mandible a few feet away from the cranium in the direction of coyote movement and the remaining skeletal remains in line with the first two skeletal elements in the direction of movement. One bone was found with discernable animal gnaw markings. Because this bone was recovered in the late stages of decomposition I infer that carnivorous animals are more likely to gnaw on bones near or after full skeletonization of a body.

Answered this earlier, but since this is a new thread...
The two I know about are:
1) compass pointer style tattoo on inner left forearm
2) large sea turtle tat on her tummy to left side of her torso

I have heard she has at least one more, but have not heard any details. ??

The sea turtle looks like its a Tribal or Celtic design.

Full image of Heather...

dxblup.jpg

Close up of some of her tattoos...

1zzqkd5.jpg

2mf0nxz.jpg

209pvo0.jpg

What is this discoloration that looks like a bruise...

qnahqu.jpg

Under eye & lip - is this normal for Heather...

egbon7.jpg

118mywy.jpg

1j93wp.jpg

High 55. Low 32. Thanks for asking because I'd been meaning to look that up!

I was wondering because in my area we had a drowning and the man's car was at our lake and his family could not find him for weeks. Boaters went out and nothing until the family got someone to use under water cameras, his body was caught on something and that is why he never surfaced.

I'm not sure that the distance is so much, as the crow flies, though. Attached is a screen shot of the area. It depends on WHERE near Ronald McNair Blvd that the additional remains were found. The original report said the first found remains were near Tidewater and Waccamaw, which puts it behind the Gas Station on the NW side of Tidewater, or behind the hotel on the SE side of Tidewater. IF the remains were found on the NW side, then it could be less than 500 ft to where the second set of remains were found. (Phil Gray rd, also called State Rd S-26-1018 is also Tidewater, and that is the road I believe they are referring to-See second screenshot marked Tidewater)

Exactly. The first find was apparently not directly off Tidewater Road, but some ways off of it per this news clip. And I don't where off Ronald McNair the 2nd find was located.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24338952/searchers-talk-about-discovery-of-human-remains-in-horry-county

PTL isn't a place anyone would purposely go to for swimming. I believe it was a mild evening IIRC...not cold, not hot. The moon was bright. There isn't a 'dock' to sit on at PTL. As I've said before, PTL is a very dark, secluded place. It's located at the very end of Peachtree Road. I wouldn't drive down there at dusk..much less in the wee hours of the morning. My son drove his motorcycle down there Monday night and said it was very dark and 'creepy'... and all he could think about was how quickly he could turn around and get the h*** out of there.

Here is a shot of the immediate environs of the landing:

nn8ozc.jpg

It is the Waccamaw River. It's a black river; lots of silt, sap, and sediment makes the water very dark. It is not really a swimming location. There are other spots on the Waccamaw River that are popular for swimming and such. This is mostly just used by boaters. There's not much of a view here. It's very dark and the trees are very thick. There are spots on the Intracoastal Waterway with actual docks where it would be far more pleasurable to sit, some just as isolated. Also, the inlet and ocean would be even better for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm