SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording isn't as strange as why it's listed in the auto section..

I don't think it is strange at all. Mr. Elvis/searchers are reaching out to the demographic that most likely would know something. Men/young adults - who could be cruising through CL for a number of reasons. Just getting Heather's info out there in any way he can. JMO

You all probably have all looked at the findHE facebook page, but there is a recent post on there about a possible sighting of her at Blue Cross-Blue Shield yesterday. The poster also said something about her being "forgiven". It's strange, he says other things too and when I went to his page is looks like he just joined facebook, he doesn't seem to know how facebook works and the proper way to post things.

bbm

That would fit. The fake cop signals to pull her over into the parking area and comes up to the car, she opens the window a crack, he demands her license (as would be expected), and when she opens the window wide enough to hand it to him, he grabs her and the license flips somewhere into the car. (speculation on my part)

In many prior abductions the victim has left clues for investigators/family, or a trail; "Hansel and Gretel" Crumbs...
If Heather Elvis kept credit cards and her drivers license in her pocket. It would be reasonable to conclude that there is a reason for only the drivers license to be on the seat, imo..

Let me clear all this up for you. Heather has an older brother and a younger sister. There's nothing questionable about her parents. There isn't a step-dad. Her mother and father have been happily married for many years. Heather has a VERY loving and supportive family who are devastated by her disappearance. Her mother, sister and father were interviewed by local media and the clip was aired. Sorry, I don't have a link for it. I didn't watch it as I saw it in real time and didn't want to re-live it and cry again. I'm sure many will ask...why wasn't her brother included in the interview? It's simple..he lives in another state. But, I can assure you, he is just as devastated as my brother~which is obvious from what you see in videos and what you read on the FindHeatherElvis Facebook page. No, her mother isn't as vocal as her father but is aiding in many, many ways behind the scenes.

I will say this, I've read all the posts about Heather and the one that 'stuck in my mind' was (and I'm not quoting exactly) "I hope we're not getting tunnel vision". And, to that I say, Bravo! GREAT thinking.

My heart breaks for you all and you're in my many prayers! I can tell she has a loving family and is loved by many.

May-October is huge tourist season in MB. The weather and activites are great during those months as well. When I was 18-22 I spent a lot of time in MB during those months for those reasons. She was probably working a lot too since those are the biggest times for tourists.

Thanks for clarifying

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You all probably have all looked at the findHE facebook page, but there is a recent post on there about a possible sighting of her at Blue Cross-Blue Shield yesterday. The poster also said something about her being "forgiven". It's strange, he says other things too and when I went to his page is looks like he just joined facebook, he doesn't seem to know how facebook works and the proper way to post things.

I thought those posts were interesting for lack of a better description.
Saying she is forgiven seems odd, IMO. And the rumor is odd to me as well.
BCBS?? Why would she be spotted there? We don't know all of the facts so maybe it makes sense to someone who does...? Idk

LE has gotten to know Dawn Drexel because she's led an active search for her daughter Brittanee for 4 years now, out of respect for her I would hope LE would phone her to prepare her for the outcome instead of hearing it elsewhere. The remains were believed to have been there 4 years or so, that would have been around the time Brittanee went missing. The officers come to know the families of the missing, they are often parents or grandparents too and have a birds eye view of the pain and anguish that the public gets a very small glimpse of. If I were in Dawn Drexel's shoes I'd rather hear from a LE officer with the possibilities than hear about it on the news or internet.
I felt if that was the case why not wait because, to me, it becomes a roller coaster of emotions for the family that could be avoided by waiting 48 hours and seeing the preliminary reports. Posters on WS were coming to the conclusion personal effects might have been found along with the bones and that's why she was informed. The poor woman had to at that point make a public announcement acknowledging the fact LE informed her (something LE might have leaked in advance).

BCBS?? Why would she be spotted there? We don't know all of the facts so maybe it makes sense to someone who does...? Idk

That is the second time he has posted that as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it is strange at all. Mr. Elvis/searchers are reaching to the demographic that most likely would know something. Men/young adults - who could be cruising through CL for a number of reasons. Just getting Heather's info out there in any way he can. JMO
Thanks as I've never used CL but I understand it is a free site so I would think the postings would be more wide spread through out the listings..

That is the second time he has posted that as well!

Nothing would be a better outcome than if she just went awol...maybe she met someone at the landing and went to hang with them for awhile and when she went back to her car it was gone. She's freaked now because of all the press, searching, distress, etc...and doesn't know what to do to fix it. I know I'm grasping at straws, but that would mean she's ok!

More remains found...sorry if it's been posted.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24322587...r&utm_content=buffer460b7&utm_medium=facebook

RE: A search team looking for Heather Elvis, missing since December 18, came across the remains in a wooded area off Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard and contacted police

Additional human remains were located on New Year's Day by a search party near Ronald McNair Boulevard,
a short distance from the bones found over he weekend. Since it is not a complete skeleton, Coroner Edge believes the bones could belong to the same person. The anthropologist on the case can determine if the bones found are from the same male.

Since it is not a complete skeleton, Coroner Edge believes the bones could belong to the same person.

Thanx for sharing, rizzo0904..
This seems like an extremely long distance for scavengers to carry skeletal remains of one individual, imo.. We may be looking at a multiple victim disposal/ritual grounds site, jmho.. Guess, time will tell..

Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard to Ronald McNair Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC> estimate between 800 to 1,000 meters if the article is accurate. That is a helluva distance.. Seems Coroner Edge may be speculating a little..imo
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

Nothing would be a better outcome than if she just went awol...maybe she met someone at the landing and went to hang with them for awhile and when she went back to her car it was gone. She's freaked now because of all the press, searching, distress, etc...and doesn't know what to do to fix it. I know I'm grasping at straws, but that would mean she's ok!

While this would be the best and most welcoming scenario, I am having a hard time getting a grip on it when I grasp at it. :(

HE appears to be a very responsible young adult who was working one job and getting ready what is said to be nothing short of a, "dream job" at a salon. Her Dad owns a business and while they might not be rich people, he did say that all of the things she asked for were under the tree for her. He said in the one interview that HE wouldn't even say anything, just take a picture of the item she wanted and send the pic to him. It doesn't appear she wanted for much, yet she was being a responsible young adult and working for the things she had. I'm finding it so hard to believe that she would toss that out the window and just take off.

Would be so happy to eat crow on all that though.

Happy New Year, Ms.Heather! Please be safe, somewhere. Come home, young one.

I absolutely think they must have. People can bash them all over the place, and much of it may be justifiable, but they are trained LEOs. I can not fathom any scenario in which they allowed him to do this unless they were 99% convinced something having nothing to do with the car happened. How they could be that convinced is the missing piece we've been frustrated about since day one. :banghead:

Critiquing investigations is a good thing imo, nosysw. I just returned from my annual trip to Blood Mtn/Blairsville, GA, where Meredith Hope Emerson, was abducted, held 4 days in captivity, and then murdered by a stranger sexual predator 01/01/2008. Many folks, including other LE, & me, saw them hiding in the woods, and riding around without a care in the world 60 miles from Blood Mtn. Yet due to the misinformation & silence by investigators via ms media. Folks thought Meredith was lost on the AT, and the couple in the white van were only campers.

Today, due to the criticism of the handling of the case, The GBI has become very proactive and professional in missing/murdered persons investigations in GA. 'There must be darkness present for the sun to shine through'...

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/the-mystery-on-blood-mountain-part-1/17yzig6d4

The Mystery on Blood Mountain, Part 1
Hiker Meredith Emerson goes missing on Georgia's Blood Mountain on New Year's Day 2008. Law enforcement officers become concerned after finding a police baton with some her possessions on a trail.
Dateline NBC's Dennis Murphy reports.

He def seems a bit "off" & he posted a while back on a TK FB post regarding how to order their annual calendar... He said that he was disabled and wanted them to send him one... he even posted his address where to send it!

But he's either making stuff up or doesn't know WTH he's talking about in regards to a rumor of a sighting at BCBS. I know for a FACT that there's no rumor like that going around that workplace.

While this would be the best and most welcoming scenario, I am having a hard time getting a grip on it when I grasp at it. :(

HE appears to be a very responsible young adult who was working one job and getting ready what is said to be nothing short of a, "dream job" at a salon. Her Dad owns a business and while they might not be rich people, he did say that all of the things she asked for were under the tree for her. He said in the one interview that HE wouldn't even say anything, just take a picture of the item she wanted and send the pic to him. It doesn't appear she wanted for much, yet she was being a responsible young adult and working for the things she had. I'm finding it so hard to believe that she would toss that out the window and just take off.

Would be so happy to eat crow on all that though.

Happy New Year, Ms.Heather! Please be safe, somewhere. Come home, young one.

I know you're right.

He def seems a bit "off" & he posted a while back on a TK FB post regarding how to order their annual calendar... He said that he was disabled and wanted them to send him one... he even posted his address where to send it!

But he's either making stuff up or doesn't know WTH he's talking about in regards to a rumor of a sighting at BCBS. I know for a FACT that there's no rumor like that going around that workplace.

I took a look but can't find the comment you're referencing.

That's what a real cop would do, I'm sure, but the fake cop would probably want to be farther away from the road so people driving by wouldn't see him?

I don't think I believe that's what happened, but it does seem to fit what we know what's been going on in the region recently.

But a cop doesn't really have control over where the person they're pulling over pulls. She'd have to have already been heading into the landing vicinity for that to make sense.

Let me clear all this up for you. Heather has an older brother and a younger sister. There's nothing questionable about her parents. There isn't a step-dad. Her mother and father have been happily married for many years. Heather has a VERY loving and supportive family who are devastated by her disappearance.

Thanks so much for clearing that up! I had heard that her brother was out of state and was devastated as well.

Thanx for sharing, rizzo0904..
This seems like an extremely long distance for scavengers to carry skeletal remains of one individual, imo.. We may be looking at a multiple victim disposal/ritual grounds site, jmho.. Guess, time will tell..

Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard to Ronald McNair Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC> estimate between 800 to 1,000 meters if the article is accurate. That is a helluva distance.. Seems Coroner Edge may be speculating a little..imo
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

I agree, it seems very far-fetched to me. Although I suppose the local buzzards could have done that. Also the whole are has been dealing with coyotes the past few years. (and not the kind that dance on bars.)

I took a look but can't find the comment you're referencing.

LadyHawkke, on right hand column, under recent posts by others, click see all and scroll down about 7 posts. The posters initials are JD.

Let me clear all this up for you. Heather has an older brother and a younger sister. There's nothing questionable about her parents. There isn't a step-dad. Her mother and father have been happily married for many years. Heather has a VERY loving and supportive family who are devastated by her disappearance. Her mother, sister and father were interviewed by local media and the clip was aired. Sorry, I don't have a link for it. I didn't watch it as I saw it in real time and didn't want to re-live it and cry again. I'm sure many will ask...why wasn't her brother included in the interview? It's simple..he lives in another state. But, I can assure you, he is just as devastated as my brother~which is obvious from what you see in videos and what you read on the FindHeatherElvis Facebook page. No, her mother isn't as vocal as her father but is aiding in many, many ways behind the scenes.

I will say this, I've read all the posts about Heather and the one that 'stuck in my mind' was (and I'm not quoting exactly) "I hope we're not getting tunnel vision". And, to that I say, Bravo! GREAT thinking.

Thank you for the clarification, Lady Hawwke. I hope you don't think I, or anyone else here, was suggesting anything questionable with Heather's family. Speaking for myself, I was just speculating about the family dynamics, in that blended families, nuclear families, etc, can have different dynamics which can impact the mindset of a young person.

Clearly, Heather's family is devastated and leaving no stone unturned in trying to bring her home. That is also what we try to assist with here. We are all impressed with their love as well as their tenacity.

Thank you so much for checking in with us, and know our prayers continue, and will not end until your family has resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123