SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not list the businesses but I assure you they are there and functioning.

For some reason bolding isn't working on my phone. Anyways-respectfully snipped to save space here. When doing a little research on the local businesses in that area it was a little eerie to see the types of businesses & thinking about a certain RSO that was discussed & his career choices. Even more so when one mentions they even recycle electronic devices. Makes one wonder if there is a poi if they are a customer or employee of one or more of those businesses. Or even a person some or all have in common. MOO.

My response to an age old question, 'Why do only the pretty young girls get the MS Media coverage while there is silence of the many others'?

My reply: Yes, every missing person is someone's child and is very important. There is a silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons in the USA; 100,000+(actual number unknown, imo).

There is a victim profile preferred by sexual predators. Unfortunately, in most cases, it is the young and pretty girls that are the desired victim. Predators are recidivist and will repeat their deviant behavior, claiming multiple innocent victims, and often times escalating until caught and prosecuted.
The locating of skeletal remains in Horry County, SC, while searching for Heather Elvis, and the many unsolved missing/murdered MB, SC cases only adds another dimension to this already newsworthy story, imo.

Heather's case has now gone national ms media due to the tremendous outpouring of support and sharing her story via social media/internet crime forums, etc. Awareness is the key in missing persons cases. Regardless of whether a missing loved one fits a specific profile. The family and friends of any missing/murdered person, has to contact a professional SAR and utilize all internet social sites to start the proverbial ball rolling, to receive ms media attention, imo.

There are two RSO's (both level 3) who's work address are the same as the TK.

That doesn't mean they work at TK, just somewhere in the complex.

EDIT: They both do work at TK. I was confused by a previous restaurant at that address.

One of the guys who is friends with the family and frequently posts updates and answers on the FB page is asking for everyone to search their own areas today--makes sense.
Search any vacant house you own, all your properties etc etc.
He is asking that everyone search their own areas between International Drive and the landing. I have zero concept of how large an area this may be.
I'm hoping that people will search their properties. I hoped this would've been something that was already done but if not then locals search all your properties and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty large area... but it doesn't mention from where to Whee the other direction.

Moneygirl, thank you for this article. It provides a bit more info from LE regarding the investigation, though just a little.... Wonder who aren't being cooperative with police and why.

I thought the same thing. It falls in line with other statements that have been made.

on the FHEF page..posted 3 hours ago by family friend who is regurlarly posting updates for the page and is a contact person for the site..

paraphrasing... Yesterday , US Marshalls tried to serve a warrant on a Hispanic man wanted for 5 rapes. The man escaped through a window and ran into the woods. Location was in Socastee in neighborhood across from Folly Road. Man, sold his nice blue pickup right after Heather went missing and is now driving a junker truck ...

This could be a very promising lead. Unfortunately, if this person had anything to do with, it doesn't sound good for Heather. :(

Would someone be kind enough to post the direct link for tips.

I can't find it anywhere on the fhe fb site. I need an online link for anon tips.

Fairly pressing. Thanks for your help

The more I think about it, it seems likely (IMO) that the perp knew 2 things. 1) that HE's roommate was out of town and 2) that she didn't have to work until friday.

Right? Or did they just luck out?

Interesting, andalso. Good thoughts.

You sure HE roommate was out of town? HE missing 17-19, it was stated that roommate just landed the 22 and was ready to come home already.

There are two RSO's (both level 3) who's work address are the same as the TK.

That doesn't mean they work at TK, just somewhere in the complex.

Guys, I'm wrong. They do both work at the address for TK. I was confused because there was a previous address of an old restaurant that matched. This info may help in Amber's case also.

One of the guys who is friends with the family and frequently posts updates and answers on the FB page is asking for everyone to search their own areas today--makes sense.
Search any vacant house you own, all your properties etc etc.
He is asking that everyone search their own areas between International Drive and the landing. I have zero concept of how large an area this may be.
I'm hoping that people will search their properties. I hoped this would've been something that was already done but if not then locals search all your properties and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fairly large area that can span from the back of Carolina Forest, down River Oaks Drive and/or 31 -- it could include all of 31 from River Oaks to HWY 544 as well as the Forestbrook Rd/Burcale/Fantasy Harbour areas.

Anyone ever think maybe she didn't leave the condo. Maybe she went to someone else's apartment. Just a thought

That's a good thought.

We have seen many times here where neighbors are involved. I linked an RSO in the complex, IIRC, in thread 1 (not that Heather would go to his apt). Of course, one of the first things LE would have done is check him out.

Speaking of RSOs, I have submitted a tip of a Tier 3 RSO (thank you new member for bringing his to my attention via pm) that I can link directly to Heather in a few ways. I'm not going to link him just yet because LE is investigating it, and I don't want to drag his family through the mud, nor post his info if he is innocent (and I use that term loosely). This info has also been sent to Heather's family. I honestly feel that posting his info could jeopardize the case in case he is involved, but just wanted you guys to know I am sending in whatever tips I can and I hope everyone else is too. Someone knows what happened. I'm marking this post for reference in case we need to come back to it later. If we don't hear anything about this in a "fair amount of time", I'm going to be forced to post his info soon.

creepy posts on Nancy Grace HLN FB page in comments section.

I'm just not buying the car was left there at 3 am Wednesday. If the cops patrol that area wouldn't they have seen a car there someday Wednesday night.
You would think. Especially if it weren't a truck with a boat hitch (even more suspicious IMO). There must not have been any police patrol at PTL all of Wednesday. HE's car was reported by a woman who called LE (she originally stated it was there since Monday then, later said Wednesday). Car was not identified until Thursday the 19th.

I can't find it anywhere on the fhe fb site. I need an online link for anon tips.

It's not online, but here is the #. I would imagine you could remain anonymous if you call.

Anyone with information on the case is urged to call investigators at 843-915-TIPS.

http://web2.userinstinct.com/39232904-crime-stoppers-of-horry-co.htm

Crime Stoppers of Horry Co in Conway, South Carolina (sc)

Name: Crime Stoppers of Horry Co
Street: 2560 Main Street
Conway, sc 29526-3756
Phone: (843) 248-5000

_______

http://police.horrycounty.org/

HCPD

Horry PD: 843-915-TIPS (8477)
Crime Stoppers: 843 248-5000

Bringing this forward:

Here is the email tipline:

Contact police at