SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of Heather Nancy is showing and the missing poster are really different. I realize one is a glamour shot, but she looks really different. Which one is more current? Which one would be more helpful to the public in helping to find her?

I'd start with Senor Frogs (located in the same shopping center as TK and known for the younger crowd... I used to work here myself...)

Then maybe Banditos and Abuelos... would be the most popular ones in the area IMO

SENOR FROGS. I second that strongly now. Younger crowd, close to her work (familiarity) good point!

...and open until 2AM (look at the squirl!!)

Contrary to what some of you believe, Law Enforcement here is quite capable of handling this situation. They are not the Keystone Cops :)

I will disagree with this 100%.

While I respect our local LE here, I know for a fact both the HCSD and HCPD are grossly understaffed. They have a huge area to patrol, and their resources and manpower are very limited.

I don't think its a matter of "keystone cops", its a matter of manpower and resources.

Our LE tries very hard around here...I know because I have been to functions and golf outings with the dept's respective Big Honchos. They feel for the Horry County communities and the crime that happens here. But, they also have budgets that dictate what they can and can't do. That's on the Gov't powers that be to fix that. Its not going to be fixed while HE is missing, unfortunately.

And lets be honest here....numerous missing people in this area and not one has been solved? That doesn't inspire great confidence in our LE, no matter how much I like them or respect them.

I'm thinking Senor Frogs too, located at Broadway at the beach - same as where Tilted Kilt is.

There's a lot of talk on the FB page that Nancy is reporting on Heather's case now because of the petition. However, Nancy Grace has not aired any new episodes since December 19, which is why she has not picked up the case until now.

Because:
  1. it may have been close to the person(s) home she was meeting with.
  2. it may have been close to where person(s) had to get the drugs.

snipped.

I really don't know of many drug dealers that meet people. Usually, people go to them. People who buy drugs KNOW where to go get them. They know what street corner or behind what bar the dealer sits at. Dealers don't go running all over town with their drugs to sell. they really don't.

There's a lot of talk on the FB page that Nancy is reporting on Heather's case now because of the petition. However, Nancy Grace has not aired any new episodes since December 19, which is why she has not picked up the case until now.

I agree. I also think it was because a LOT of people emailed her along with CNN and also the use of twitter. They do pay attention because I received a reply tweet today. It took a few days but they did reply.

Please find Heather. Her family is heartbroken.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I'd start with Senor Frogs (located in the same shopping center as TK and known for the younger crowd... I used to work here myself...)

Then maybe Banditos and Abuelos... would be the most popular ones in the area IMO

Can't believe I forgot to say Carlos & Charlies (under same ownership as Senor Frog's and also located at Broadway)

I agree. I also think it was because a LOT of people emailed her along with CNN and also the use of twitter. They do pay attention because I received a reply tweet today. It took a few days but they did reply.

Please find Heather. Her family is heartbroken.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I really don't think any of that made a difference. Heather is an attractive, white, middle-class young woman; Nancy Grace doesn't need a petition with thousands of signatures to convince her to report on the case. If there had been new episodes of her show airing every day since December 18, and she just got around to bringing up the case, I would say, it might have mattered. But I understand why people want to believe that it was their perseverance and effort that got the case on NG.

BBM. Gulp.

I had been googling "hispanic rape myrtle beach" because of the FHEFB page post and I found this article from 2010....then...all of a sudden we learn about the mexican restaurant and now I see your post. I wonder if they caught this guy??

ARTICLE FROM 2010
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=500775#.Ussk1yh8tSU
A woman says a man raped her outside Tequila Empire club on South Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach Sunday morning.

The woman told police she met up with the man earlier in the evening at Senor Frogs. She said when they got to Tequila Empire, the man followed her into the bathroom and raped her inside a stall.

Did we determine if she would make tips, as a hostess? Aren't hostesses usually paid a straight wage?

I believe it was stated somewhere earlier that she was a hostess. I worked as a server and host in a restaurant many years ago. When I served, I took home some cash tips each shift, but when I hosted I did not. I was paid an hourly wage and a percentage of sales from the servers, but it appeared on my paycheck.

However, in some places the servers do their tip outs in cash to the bus person, host, expo, etc. BUT, I would think that since TK is a chain, it would all be done via paycheck.

Jenna

Blue pickup? Wasn't that the same color car as with the girl who escaped the attempted abduction attempt in MB? I don't think that car was described as "nice" or "new" though.

Also while we're trying to nail down the timeline IMO the Tumblr postings are in no way proof that she was at her apartment at that time. She posts a high volume on specified days (11, 14, 16, 18), without any random single postings on other days, at least in December. Point being, when I was very active on Tumblr I, and many other high volume Tumblrs I followed, would make use of the Queue feature which can post things for you in batches at a specific future date. The things posted on the 18th were similar thematically which indicates they were found around the same time from poetry tumblrs she either already follows or sought out. Unless she followed hundreds or thousands of users which she would spend a very long amount of time perusing it's unlikely she would've found all those posts at the same time and reblogged them immediately. JMO.

Edit: I see via RSS the times are kind of random. I think with queueing posts the time would show up as the same when the batch gets uploaded. So nevermind, probably!

Just lamenting about the lack of concrete timeline. Someone else posted a very good point earlier that her phone could've died for reasons unrelated to her disappearance and at a completely different time.

I think the attempted abduction vehicle was a van with three black males. A sketch of one of the guys was released-not sure about the other two or what color the van was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well double gulp on that... by the description of this suspect.... ummm... I know him. I can't imagine him doing something like that and he wouldn't have been hard to find considering the details they because well... I don't know what all is allowed on here but they had all they needed right there to find him.... I don't even know what to say about this... I have known this person for 6 years and I just can't imagine it... maybe a made up story? I don't even know what to say right now.....

oh dear. what. please call LE.

Well double gulp on that... by the description of this suspect.... ummm... I know him. I can't imagine him doing something like that and he wouldn't have been hard to find considering the details they because well... I don't know what all is allowed on here but they had all they needed right there to find him.... I don't even know what to say about this... I have known this person for 6 years and I just can't imagine it... maybe a made up story? I don't even know what to say right now.....

Are you referring to the male allegedly involved in the 2010 incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members