SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those unfamiliar with the local geography, all of the rivers and waterways connect in the Winyah Bay in Georgetown. In other words, you could travel south by boat from PTL in Socastee down the Waccamaw River/Intracoastal Waterway until you hit Winyah Bay in Georgetown. From there, you could go up the Black River to Oatland. Here is a link with a map if you need a visual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Peedeerivermap.png. Sorry it's Wikipedia, but it's the best I could find.

Yes.

Now, guys, that's my last post for a bit. I just got some bad news. A friend of my family died today. So I'm gonna go see what I need to do.

So sorry to hear this CarolinaAsh :'(

You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers :heartbeat:

:grouphug:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Carolina, near Georgetown.

I think thats the same one I posted, and they are asking if anyone has seen recent truck activity going in or out of Oatland.

Now the other FHEFB admin is posting to the admin that posted about the trucks to be careful of what is posted on the main page. weird..wonder if they got a tip at the tip tent tonight?

Is this in the thread with all caps? I can't seem to find anything posted in the last 3hr about Outland, SC or any tips

I can see where folks asked "what happened" & "has she been found" but can't see anything from an admin spot, been deleted?

Kinda o/t, but what would be a reason to switch a license plate on a vehicle? Is this common practice in South Carolina? Have any known sk's switched plates on a vehicle before while committing a crime?

Kinda o/t, but what would be a reason to switch a license plate on a vehicle? Is this common practice in South Carolina? Have any known sk's switched plates on a vehicle before while committing a crime?

If you switch plates, like steal a plate from one car and put it on another then the car you are driving won't come back to you if the plates are run.
Or if you don't renew your tags and they are dead someone may switch tags on the car to make it appear as if it's a registered vehicle when it's not.
Or if a car isn't registered in that state at all someone may put played on it from another car. Again to make it appear as if it is registered. No red flags would appear if a police officer just saw the car go by-it has plates-it looks legit.
Those are the only reasons I can come up with for why someone may do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this in the thread with all caps? I can't seem to find anything posted in the last 3hr about Outland, SC or any tips

I can see where folks asked "what happened" & "has she been found" but can't see anything from an admin spot, been deleted?

I've seen that as well. When (If) Heather is found, the family will be notified first. It won't be announced in a reply to a FB post. My brother hasn't really thought that far in advance. But, I would imagine, after having some time to process whatever the information may be, he will decide how to inform everyone. My heart aches. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm even less sure of how much more Heather's parents can take. I wish I could take away their pain. I wish I could wake up in the morning and find this was just a bad dream. But it isn't. It's real life and it's really frightening. :cry:

I feel like HE knew the person who has caused her disappearance and is walking among us like nothing is wrong. This really scares me.

I've seen that as well. When (If) Heather is found, the family will be notified first. It won't be announced in a reply to a FB post. My brother hasn't really thought that far in advance. But, I would imagine, after having some time to process whatever the information may be, he will decide how to inform everyone. My heart aches. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm even less sure of how much more Heather's parents can take. I wish I could take away their pain. I wish I could wake up in the morning and find this was just a bad dream. But it isn't. It's real life and it's really frightening. :cry:

I am praying for her safe return! You all are in my prayers

I'm so very sorry for this horrendous situation that you and your family are in, LadyHawke. Please remember to keep the faith, that we are here for you, and try to look for the good and reassuring things around you. Look for the little signs of grace.
I think you are going to have to be the strongest you've ever been so keep your strength, faith, composure, and health intact. Please.

I hope you don't mind me asking but has the family considered talking with a counselor? I know yaw'all are under a lot of duress and strain but it may help just to chat with one real quick from time to time.

Lady, hugs and prayers to you and yours.

I feel like HE knew the person who has caused her disappearance and is walking among us like nothing is wrong. This really scares me.

I agree with you. That makes it even more frightening.

I agree with you. That makes it even more frightening.

I hope that you have a successful weekend & someone comes forward with what you need. I hope that Heather & your family finally get to share a Christmas morning together.

To whomever knows what has happened, one day you will meet a man who will have far less mercy on you than what you have shown. I truly feel your reading the FB & probably here..your day will come. Your actions will not go unnoticed, if you think the heat is turned on now....my oh my when God turns it up on you.

I'm so very sorry for this horrendous situation that you and your family are in, LadyHawke. Please remember to keep the faith, that we are here for you, and try to look for the good and reassuring things around you. Look for the little signs of grace.
I think you are going to have to be the strongest you've ever been so keep your strength, faith, composure, and health intact. Please.

I hope you don't mind me asking but has the family considered talking with a counselor? I know yaw'all are under a lot of duress and strain but it may help just to chat with one real quick from time to time.

I agree. LadyHawkke, you should try to utilize a mental health counselor to help keep balanced. jmo.

No, I don't mind you asking and yes, we have. This is far more difficult than anything any of us have ever been through. We grieved when our parents passed away and still miss them. I'm not saying that wasn't extremely painful~it was. However, there was a finality to it. It's the not knowing where she is, what she might be going through, or even if she's..............I can't even make myself type it that causes mental anguish.
Thank you, to all of you, for caring.

First off, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Very sad here, but of course at the moment, not much I can do. Especially since they're not local to SC.

So I came back to see what I might have missed.

First, I would hope they would be notified first. If it's leaked before her parents have a chance to adjust then someone, somewhere, will be in deep doo. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

So, I wonder why the oatland post was removed from FHEFB page? what is oatland?

As for the why and etc. on FB: it's a rumor, so we can't discuss it here. As far as the question of what it is. Apparently it's a place people go to hunt ducks.

No, I don't mind you asking and yes, we have. This is far more difficult than anything any of us have ever been through. We grieved when our parents passed away and still miss them. I'm not saying that wasn't extremely painful~it was. However, there was a finality to it. It's the not knowing where she is, what she might be going through, or even if she's..............I can't even make myself type it that causes mental anguish.
Thank you, to all of you, for caring.

While I could never be exactly in ya'lls shoes to know, I understand exactly what you're saying. The not knowing, sometimes the imagination is a worse enemy than anything else in the world. Know that no matter what, when she is found, me and mine will be there for you and yours. :hug:

Don't take that post to mean anything. Don't believe anything you read and half of what you see. I still have faith that my God will see us through all of this. We want answers and maybe soon we will get them. I do believe that the person or persons responsible for Heather's being missing are locals.
:worms:

Don't take that post to mean anything. Don't believe anything you read and half of what you see. I still have faith that my God will see us through all of this. We want answers and maybe soon we will get them. I do believe that the person or persons responsible for Heather's being missing are locals.

Creek-Ratz. Could you simplify what you are saying? It's a little too encrypted for me. ty, I appreciate it. pmb.

True. Keep the faith, everyone. In my experience, secrets don't stay secrets forever. In the meantime, I wish I could lift the weight off the Elvises, and bring Heather home safely to them.

Mods... Delete this if you must... but...

This may be a long shot...

http://www.10news.com/news/alleged-...keteering-conspiracy-sex-trafficking-01082014

Alleged gang members charged in racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking

"SAN DIEGO - Two dozen alleged North Park gang members and their associates were charged in an indictment unsealed Wednesday as members of a racketeering conspiracy linked to the trafficking of women and girls as young as 15, a murder nearly 20 years ago and robbery and drug offenses."

"U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy said a combination of two gangs, dubbed "BMS" by law enforcement, earned money by trafficking 60 girls and women from ages 15 to 25 for prostitution in 46 cities in 23 states, including Alaska and Hawaii."

more at link above...
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...cking-bomb-squad-239304771.html#ixzz2pxqtzyPG

"According to court documents, some of the defendants attended parties in San Diego or around the country known as “Players’ Balls,” invitation-only gathering for pimps. One defendant – 33-year-old Robert Banks – even received an award at one of these parties."

More at link above...

Facebook of Robert Banks:

(Note: A specific place he puts on his Facebook (with map) is the Tilted Kilt in San Diego...)

https://www.facebook.com/robert.p.banks

Could there be some kind of connection?

:dunno:

HEATHER ELVIS IS MISSING PT. 2: IN-DEPTH INTERVIEW WITH FATHER, TERRY ELVIS:
January 10, 2014 by Michelle Sigona

Image courtesy of http://facebook.com/FindHeatherElvis

(snip)
“I’m mad all day, and I cry all night. It’s the only way I can get through it, there’s no in between,” Terry Elvis told Crime Feed today. Desperation and frustration is mounting over the fact his beautiful daughter, 20-year-old Heather Elvis, vanished without a trace from Myrtle Beach, S.C. The only large, solid clue investigators have is her vehicle that was found about eight miles from her apartment where she was last seen.

The last time anyone had contact with Heather, according to Terry, was 3:41 a.m. on Dec. 18. Terry told Crime Feed that he cannot go into detail about that last conversation and with whom it was with because of the on-going police investigation, but he did say he was contacted on Dec. 19 when her green Dodge Intrepid was located. “An officer came just after dark and we went down to take a look where the car was there, after an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail. By 7 p.m. I was frantic.”

Lt. Rober Kegler, from the Horry County Police department told Crime Feed earlier this week not only is his department combing through surveillance video but, “I’ve got a thick three ring binder full of tips, tips are coming in by telephone, e-mail and Facebook.”

As for the night before his daughter vanished, police and Terry confirm Heather went on a date with a new guy. Not only did they go to dinner, but Terry said after the meal, she was driving around with the date looking at Christmas lights – something she loved to do.

In addition, Terry always told Heather he had a truck that was a stick shift and she could have it if she could learn how to drive one. The guy Heather was with that night also had a five-speed and Heather sent her dad a picture of her learning to drive. Terry said the picture told him, “Look at me I’m a pro! Big smile on her face and very happy.”

As for the guy, Lt. Kegler said, “He has since been interviewed and cleared he is not a suspect.”

(snip)
He said as for Heather, she was working two jobs as a hostess. One of those positions was at the local Myrtle Beach House of Blues, another at a pub.

(snip)
Recently, according to Terry, Heather was interested in cosmetology and he even helped her to land an interview with a local salon. Terry said Heather went to the salon and was offered a job as a make-up artist. She was excited and set to begin work the week of Christmas. “The cosmetology thing came out of the blue, she wanted to be a make-up artist and work the runway. She was interested in being Charlotte, Atlanta, and New York...."

(snip)
As for the apartment where Heather lived, Terry said it can be described best as a condo or a townhouse in a nice neighborhood, it’s right around the corner from a popular golf course.

(snip)
“The girl she was living with was a friend for the last two or three years, she had just moved in with her Dec. 4 or 5.”

Terry said his younger daughter who is only 16 and has a very close relationship with Heather is heartbroken to say the least. Terry has another son who is 30, and lives in Ohio.

(snip)
Terry wants the national media to take notice and to air this story as much as possible, especially because Myrtle Beach is an area heavily populated with tourists. He thinks maybe someone who was visiting may have information.

If you know anything, please call Horry County Police at 843-915-TIPS or send an e-mail to crimetips@horrycounty.org.

Image from article:

(Image courtesy of http://facebook.com/FindHeatherElvis)

More@Link:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

I just posted this to the Media Thread. Since Crimefeed is part of Investigation Discovery, this represents national/international media coverage for Heather. In addition, the interview Terry gave literally shredded what was left of my heart strings after reading LadyHawkke's post. :'( I can't find the words, because I know they would be woefully inadequate. All I have left are tears.

I look at these photos of Heather (which I've not seen before), and I feel such a tremendous sense of compassion and empathy for a family that is incomplete - beyond comprehension.

If it has already been posted/discussed/or is redundant, I sincerely apologize.

Mr. Terry Elvis' words will be echoing in my ears, and in my heart, until Heather comes home...
:please: #FindHeatherElvis :please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member