SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very difficult to believe a mix-up occurred imo.

From reading about this case, I learned about a TV show called "Myrtle Manor" so I watched an episode (found it on On Demand). Hope everyone around MB, for instance LE, has more going on upstairs than those peeps on the show display. The show is sort of funny though because it is ridiculous but now I'm beginning to wonder how much of their antics are real. LOL!

There was a show last season called, "Small Town Security" in which the main female character really grew on me. She's a hoot. Not sure what that says about me. :blushing:

Yeah. Myrtle Manor is just shy of having an actual script. Lots of locals know people on the show who have said that basically tlc gives them a storyline and general direction for the episode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Myrtle Manor: like all "reality" TV, the events and drama are scripted & the characters "cast" (some lived there before, some did not)
Welcome to Myrtle Manor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Elvis family name: per Legacy.com, this is not a terribly unusual name in this part of SC. Keep in mind that families do not typically move away, have several children (halves/steps who may take the family name included), and cousins, even 2nd or 3rd cousins, frequently have the same name (per my own family who is from this area originally -- I'm the only one who doesn't live there any more, not saying this is specific to the Elvis family, but certainly not unusual for the region, again my experience only, for example, I have 3 cousins w/ exactly the same name b/c everybody wanted to honor the same great-grandparent)
http://www.legacy.com/ns/obitfinder...ateid=53&daterange=All&affiliateid=0&keyword=

Elvis potties: when we used to visit the area, I always found the Elvis Potties funny, but it's a huge company in the area http://www.elvisservicecompany.com/

MTA: The "unusual" post thanking people on FB is because the family got intense negative feedback in wanting the governor to respond to the situation. The family was deeply hurt by the responses they got (per their own posts), and April thanked folks for supporting them, after the family (understandably) lashed out at the "haters." (This is what the admin of the page wrote.)

I am sure I am like most of us here and I have a ton I want to say but every time I begin to format a post, I end up redacting it. LOL :)

I keep thinking the same thing. I assume searches are being conducted off of pings...but what if someone threw the phone out and just kept driving...there are so many wooded areas in all directions from MB. I hope that if LE has a POI that they can account for their movements that day so as to know how far they could have driven.

Keying off the phone pings would make sense. Even if she's not with the phone, finding the phone would no doubt be a clue.

Let's talk twitter since sm is okay. In early July he posted about having the hots for the maintenance guy at work. In 7/10 she said she was in too deep. On 7/24 she posted prego my eggo. 14 days would be just enough time to get a positive test result.

If you expand that post about the eggo, someone questions it and she says she is kidding.
Who knows if any of that has any truth? The eggo or the kidding part.

IMO, the silence from LE and the little information the family has made public , was giving someone enough rope to trip up and hang themselves.. I hope the release of the police report yesterday was LE tightening the noose

Given that they are only using searchers who have certain expertise or vehicles/horses etc tells me that perhaps they are narrowing their search area down and anticipating the possibility of stumbling upon evidence that will have to be handled with extreme caution...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must remember. This was not a mix up.

What you are reading is the actual report from that night at that moment of the initial investigation of the reporting officer while he was investigating this case on scene.

Most of the times the information is verified later at the department with the investigations department or the actual reporting officer after he has left the scene. And that information is most likely added to the police report which you will not see under the FOIA.

Folks all you have seen is the cover of a book. And thats all you will see with the FOIA.

My question regarding the alleged mix-up about the hospital is, really?
Is LE of MB really that lax, having no protocol in place, when going about their business of identifying and confirming information that will be added to a police report?
If so, I'm gobsmacked.

You must remember. This was not a mix up.

What you are reading is the actual report from that night at that moment of the initial investigation of the reporting officer while he was investigating this case on scene.

Most of the times the information is verified later at the department with the investigations department or the actual reporting officer after he has left the scene. And that information is most likely added to the police report which you will not see under the FOIA.

Folks all you have seen is the cover of a book. And thats all you will see with the FOIA.

Actually some of us have seen more than the cover... At the least table of contents. I believe the accidental release of the table of contents is the "mix up" some "folks" are referring to.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all the helpful members here at WS. It is a pleasure to sleuth with you all.

Prayers for Heather and her family, may she be home soon.

Was there not a part on HE Twitter about her visiting the doctors on a monthly basis ? Unfortunately I cannot locate this information and from I am being told certain identities are blocking information on that particular account.

Can someone verify.

<Mod Snip>

Given that they are only using searchers who have certain expertise or vehicles/horses etc tells me that perhaps they are narrowing their search area down and anticipating the possibility of stumbling upon evidence that will have to be handled with extreme caution...

That or searching in an area with a particular type of terrain...maybe a wooded area with narrow trails...

Ok I know that I should know this but....

what does [modsnip] mean?

I have seen the entire released report.

Again it is only the cover page if you would call it.

This is why it states the information will be passed onto the following shifts and HE entered into NCIC.

Actually some of us have seen more than the cover... At the least table of contents. I believe the accidental release of the table of contents is the "mix up" some "folks" are referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member