SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one of HE's SM accounts, she posted a pic with her & another girl on 12/13. It seems to look more like the picture the MSM posted of her driving the stick shift. She also wrote a poem to go with the pic. If you access this account of hers, it will be the very first picture on the page. That should give some reference as to what she looked like in December, as compared to how she does in the pics being posted in MSM.

It's her fb account.

https://www.facebook.com/heatherachellelvis?fref=ts

To Ima or any other Mod:
Did we used to have a link to all HE SM sites on the first page of each thread? I thought I remembered that but in looking at thread 6 and 7 I don't see it anymore.

No I only have the Missing facebook page. If someone has them if they can post it I can add it to the opening post.

Just a thought/theory............Im wondering if the person that may have communicated with HE on the night she disappeared may have lied to her in order to get her to meet at the landing. Like lying to make things seem more urgent so she would meet.

I have thought of that. Or lying out of jealousy because the person might not have liked her seeing someone new. So maybe HE realized the person was lying and threatened to inform others of the lie, and it spiraled out of control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought of that. Or lying out of jealousy because the person might not have liked her seeing someone new. So maybe HE realized the person was lying and threatened to inform others of the lie, and it spiraled out of control?

Exactly. Very possible.

We can discuss HE's public Twitter account, correct?

I saw the "prego my Eggo" tweet on HE's twitter, too, and also wondered what that was about. I assumed she was just kidding around because not many single 20yo women (myself included, having been a 20yo woman at one time) I know would post something public like that, in fear of their family/friends seeing it before they'd had a chance to break the news. If I had to guess, I would guess that HE was using it in the urban slang use of the term, continuing her tweeted thoughts about the maintenance man she had the hots for at work. JMO MOO

I'm on pins and needles here, wondering when/if the you know what is going to hit the fan. The wait must be agonizing for HE's loved ones. The Elvis family is in my thoughts and prayers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis/tweets
1 month later..."passed a drug test?"

On one of HE's SM accounts, she posted a pic with her & another girl on 12/13. It seems to look more like the picture the MSM posted of her driving the stick shift. She also wrote a poem to go with the pic. If you access this account of hers, it will be the very first picture on the page. That should give some reference as to what she looked like in December, as compared to how she does in the pics being posted in MSM.

It's her fb account.

https://www.facebook.com/heatherachellelvis?fref=ts

Things are moving way fast this evening.....so I'm having problems with the page loading when I try to post......re-posting this post & will delete the first one. Mods, I tried to delete the first post, but couldn't...sorry.

Do you have a link to that? and as long as you link to it and its on there then yes you can discuss what she said. You can not speculate on whether or not she is pregnant. That is off limits.

Thank you! for the clarification. It's helpful, I'm often confused when the rules say one thing, a mod steps in and reiterates, but what i think of as questionable posts are left up. or when the rules appear to differ from case to case! I often feel like I'm trying to figure out algebra! hahaa!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Whenever I see a FB account that is a couple's account like
JohnandMary Doe, I think one of three things.

1-one of the spouses has done something to lose the trust of the other-and social media may have been involved.
2-there is a ridiculously jealous untrusting spouse. (Maybe because of #1 but it could be unfounded)
Or
3-one of the spouses is not computer savvy.

I think: They must not have their own identity.

Whenever I see a FB account that is a couple's account like
JohnandMary Doe, I think one of three things.

1-one of the spouses has done something to lose the trust of the other-and social media may have been involved.
2-there is a ridiculously jealous untrusting spouse. (Maybe because of #1 but it could be unfounded)
Or
3-one of the spouses is not computer savvy.

It is pretty strange. I also think it's strange when joint accounts do not allow friend requests. One of the partners must be quite popular and very bothered by all of the attention.

It appears that CUE will not be conducting the searches this weekend? FB says they are looking ONLY for atv, horseback, hunters, and people with search and rescue experience... to search in small areas directed by LE...I guess they don't want the general public...

IMO, that's not a good sign
icon9.gif

Things are moving way fast this evening.....so I'm having problems with the page loading when I try to post......re-posting this post & will delete the first one. Mods, I tried to delete the first post, but couldn't...sorry.

Need a faster connection. No pun intended

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Bumping...

Attention: the police report can be discussed but that does not include sleuthing any of the names on that document or taking the conversation further than the basics (no identifying information!) in that report. Furthermore any inkling of discussion about redacted information or sleuthing persons that have not been named a suspect or person of interest in this case will result in an immediate time out.

ETA: In order to avoid confusion, it would be best to refer to this link for viewing of the police report: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Thanks.

Bumping...

Back at you, Thorn.. Each missing/murdered person case is synonymous to a roller coaster ride. Some are short & some are long, with many abrupt twists & turns along the way.
:rollercoaster:

'Alone we can do little, but together we can accomplish anything'(Helen Keller). 'At the least we can create awareness, insure a proper investigation, and give the innocent victim/s a voice'..

'We can always shine the light and hold out hope for an unexpected happy ending'. Although rarely, it does happen;

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-networking-led-recovery-missing-athens-woman

Family's perseverance, social networking led to recovery of missing Athens woman
By JOE JOHNSON - updated Monday, September 17, 2012

After several harrowing weeks out on her own while authorities considered her an endangered missing person, 25-year-old Ivy Dawn Merck recently returned home with her parents.
<read more-much more>

OT
IDM was one of the first cases I followed here and I was so relieved when she turned up alive and well. Unfortunately, I have come to expect that is the exception, not the rule when it comes to case outcomes.

I have a question. Where did the "other entity" names and info come from? Was it from HE's last contact or from her father sharing his concerns? Or was it from the conversations with each entity? I guess what I'm wondering is how much her dad knew about the others or did these people come to light during the investigation.

Was there not a part on HE Twitter about her visiting the doctors on a monthly basis ? Unfortunately I cannot locate this information and from I am being told certain identities are blocking information on that particular account.

Can someone verify.

<Mod Snip>

Yes, that would be May 3rd and it is not blocked. It's there. She does make a statement about seeing the Dr. every month. However, she also talks of taking ADHD medication which requires regular Dr. visits, in order for it to be prescribed.
https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

No I only have the Missing facebook page. If someone has them if they can post it I can add it to the opening post.

Here is her Vine

https://vine.co/u/945989012550766592

Tumblr

http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/

Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis

Facebook Findheather

https://m.facebook.com/findheatherelvis?__user=1648364885

Facebook Personal pg

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1846395548&__user=1648364885

Pinterest

http://www.pinterest.com/heatherelvis/
Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I have a question. Where did the "other entity" names and info come from? Was it from HE's last contact or from her father sharing his concerns? Or was it from the conversations with each entity? I guess what I'm wondering is how much her dad knew about the others or did these people come to light during the investigation.

I would guess it is information that came to light during the officer's initial investigation about why her car was found abandoned at PTL.
That's how I interpreted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member