SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo Ooo question? What constitutes a non-official volunteer? MOO for a line to draw between official and non-official would be "does the family/LE/CUE know the person and approve of what they are doing?"

I guess I meant non official like not CUE and not LE (but that article answered it for me thank you!)

I do wonder if it is a good idea for a civilian to be taking tips but I guess as long as they get to LE it is okay. (eta: they DO have a tip line for this case, right?)

I just saw that........WOW!

PS...how do you screen capture? All I every learned was copy/paste.... I need some tech help please :)
Each computer has it's own quirks. Mine uses Alt+ prtsc (printscreen).

Also, for anyone interested, Greenshot is a free screenshot software. It will grab regions, window or full screens. It doesn't scroll, though.

Are there 2 different views for FB or what? I have been using it for years and was fine until now. Yesterday, I could see 'Posts by others'....today it is NOWHERE on that page at all? I don't understand. And I'm sure I will NEVER catch up as everything seems to be deleted the minute it gets posted. I am so frustrated....

At the top of the page it says "Highlights" if you click that, you will see it says "Posts by Others".

I took a glance at that. I don't know why Dick Pond Rd. stands out to me. Must be something I read in the last few days.

Not saying I agree with your opinion though lol

Dick Pond Rd. is used a lot as a... not a marker, but like a guide to kind of give information by. ie. So and so lives off of Dick Pond Rd. or whatever. but you may have seen it in the address for the place the first tip tent was set up. River City Cafe

FYI regarding screen capture.

I have Windows 8 and it is Shift + the prt sc button (upper right). Different than earlier versions of Windows.

Then you go and just paste (ctrl V) into a document or an email.

Each computer has it's own quirks. Mine uses Alt+ prtsc (printscreen).

Also, for anyone interested, Greenshot is a free screenshot software. It will grab regions, window or full screens. It doesn't scroll, though.

Thanks, I have that on my computer, but it's not working.......I'm doing something wrong. I'll keep trying :blushing:

I guess I meant non official like not CUE and not LE (but that article answered it for me thank you!)

I do wonder if it is a good idea for a civilian to be taking tips but I guess as long as they get to LE it is okay. (eta: they DO have a tip line for this case, right?)

Yep, there's a police tip line and a police tip email. plus the facebook and the tip tents.

FYI regarding screen capture.

I have Windows 8 and it is Shift + the prt sc button (upper right). Different than earlier versions of Windows.

Then you go and just paste (ctrl V) into a document or an email.

OK, I have windows 8 as well, I'll try that :seeya:

Eclipse, on my phone before the first post it says something like 52 people recently posted on this page. If you click there it will bring you where you want to be.

Eclipse, on my phone before the first post it says something like 52 people recently posted on this page. If you click there it will bring you where you want to be.

Thanks potatoes! I'm actually on my laptop and I don't see anything like that or highlights. I was going to send a screen shot to another member but I can't even get the laptop to cooperate in doing that.
:banghead:
I feel like I should just give up on the whole day...it's been a crappy one!

I can't get any work done today. I just keep refreshing WS & FB & praying that HE will be found & justice served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a theory (mods delete if necessary), but could HE have gone to PTL to have a rendezvous with someone who was followed...?

I also wonder if Heather might have thought she was communicating with someone, but that person was really someone else using that person's phone.

Same here.

Think about. If a secret relationship was active and a message was received with the last contact around 341am or whatever the last time was.

Then the other person snatches the phone up posing as another and sets up a meeting and eliminates the relationship.

I can't get any work done today. I just keep refreshing WS & FB & praying that HE will be found & justice served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another screen shot note...I have Snag It (the free version)...it works great!

Just finally getting "caught up" with all the posts and new info that has since come to light over the last few days....and all I can say is WOW... head is spinning!! You guys / gals rock!! You have taught me so much since I joined. This case may have brought me here...but it's what you guys do to help people that's going to keep me here!! :)

I've been wanting to post my theory on what happened for days but since I'm new, I'm still somewhat shy and trying to learn all the rules... having said that IMO my initial feelings about this case are spot on...

Preparing for the worst news but still praying for the best... Hope they find Heather soon!!

O/T- I don't think I'm ever going to allow my children to have any type of SM site...

Now I wonder if something has happened to that "last contact" person.

well if you are capable of eliminating one then you are capable of eliminating both.

I'm impressed with everyone's sleuthing, but I'm even more impressed with the Admin and Mods. They are on it today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member