SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess we don't know when the car was called into LE? There haven't been any reports on that right?

The times on the police report cannot be right. The car would not have been called in exactly when the picture was sent to TE.

Oh my gosh! What a mess!

Salem

Ok....is there some type of legal guideline as to how long a person has to be missing before they can be reported or considered officially a "missing" person....I.m.o....the officer could have possibly made the time of heathers last contact with her father the time on the report so that the time that had to lapse before she could be considered officially missing had already started??? Like a jump start....

Ok....is there some type of legal guideline as to how long a person has to be missing before they can be reported or considered officially a "missing" person....I.m.o....the officer could have possibly made the time of heathers last contact with her father the time on the report to that the time that had to lapse before she could be considered officially missing had already started??? Like a jump start....

the report written at 11:10pm 12/19...last contact confirmed with the missing driver was at 10:43p 12/17

:bedtime:

So I guess we don't know when the car was called into LE? There haven't been any reports on that right?

The times on the police report cannot be right. The car would not have been called in exactly when the picture was sent to TE.

Oh my gosh! What a mess!

Salem

Now that I think about it, I wonder if because at the time of the report she was officially designated as a missing person, the time stamp of the last verifiable contact was entered as the point of reference for when this "occurred".

Don't know what's going on, maybe I'm paranoid, but all articles seem to have just updated and none to TE's comments, about how he was contacted about the car, are coming up in the latest versions of the articles.

I swear that I read similar familiar paragraphs two or three times today when looking for other information. Am I imaging things, or do the articles appear to be scrubbed?

I don't know. I find it very strange that the time of the report/call was not recorded. Maybe it is in the dispatch logs but it should have been on the police report.

I understand the 12/17 at 10:43 being the last confirmed communication, and the 12/19 at 11:10 being the time the officer wrote the report. But where is the time/date for when the call to check the car was initiated? That's the part that is missing and I find that odd. The officer did not note it in his comments, either?

Just strange. Not really a big deal because it probably is in the dispatch log if they need it but it makes it more difficult to determine when this sequence of events was put into place, kwim?

Salem

Actually, the police report states,

"Entity 1 spoke to Entity 2, who stated that he picked the victim up at her residence at approximately 1900 hours on that date. Entity 2 stated that they went to dinner, went looking Christmas lights, and then to the parking lot of Inlet Square Mall, to teach her to drive a manual drive vehicle. Entity 2 stated that he then took the victim back to her residence at approximately 0200-0230 hours, and that she went inside the apartment and that her vehicle was in the driveway."

My reason for pointing this out is that TE is Entity 1, the date is Entity 2. That is fact from the police report we are allowed to discuss. That means, according to the above paragraph, it was TE who spoke with the date that night, not LE. I'd bet LE was standing right there, and I'd also agree that LE has since conversed with the date since (actually, we know they have and he's been all but cleared.) But in essence, TE HAS communicated with the date.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm thinking LE was not standing there when TE spoke to date. At the end of the report it states that at the time of this report the officer is unable to positively identify entities 2 & 5. The date is 2. If the officer was present, he would have spoke to the date as well.

Whether the time though, how did TE know who the date was?
He said the picture only had a caption, "I'm a pro" not other communication.

I don't know. I find it very strange that the time of the report/call was not recorded. Maybe it is in the dispatch logs but it should have been on the police report.

I understand the 12/17 at 10:43 being the last confirmed communication, and the 12/19 at 11:10 being the time the officer wrote the report. But where is the time/date for when the call to check the car was initiated? That's the part that is missing and I find that odd. The officer did not note it in his comments, either?

Just strange. Not really a big deal because it probably is in the dispatch log if they need it but it makes it more difficult to determine when this sequence of events was put into place, kwim?

Salem

That's what I don't get either. I would think the report itself would chronicle when the call about the car came in and what the timeline was on the subsequent events re: notifying TE and returning to the car.

However, the most recent detailed account of what happened concerning the car is from TE in the recent month anniversary article that I think was already posted earlier?

I have a random question for you veteran sleuths.... In cases of a missing person where there appears to be a close proximity to the victim's home and where the car was found, would it be likely or normal to go door to door along that route. I know in this day and age many of us assume that everyone knows the details and watches the news, reads the internet stories, etc but that is not always the case. Is this something that you know of happening in other cases? Do we know if it has happened in this case? IYO would it be helpful?

LE often does that, goes door to door, for missing children. Not generally for a missing adult.

It's always good to try to get the word out and ask people to check their property, outbuildings, etc.

Salem

I'm going to close the thread for the night in about 10 minutes. Imamaze or Nurse will be here early to open it up for you all in the morning.

Maybe we will have a break in the case by then.

Sending up prayers that Heather is home soon.

Salem

Me too, but I think it's what he's not saying. I just re-read it, and the phone call to the roommate doesn't feel right.

Two completely different versions but can't elaborate until I've slept because my head is spinning and I don't know right from wrong.

Feeling sort of out of body right now but don't know exactly why.

Whether the time though, how did TE know who the date was?
He said the picture only had a caption, "I'm a pro" not other communication.

TE may not have known who the date was but I would think the roommate did. Also, the photo was sent to HE from her date's phone and would be as simple as looking online at T-Mobile.

Seems weird to me that you'd engage a brand new date in sending a picture to your dad.
In my day, that would be like being out on a first date and telling the guy 'wait, let's call my dad'. Strange.

Seems weird to me that you'd engage a brand new date in sending a picture to your dad.
In my day, that would be like being out on a first date and telling the guy 'wait, let's call my dad'. Strange.

Sorry, I may have explained that wrong.

Date took photo with his phone and sent it to HE.
HE received photo and sent it to her dad from her phone.

LE often does that, goes door to door, for missing children. Not generally for a missing adult.

It's always good to try to get the word out and ask people to check their property, outbuildings, etc.

Salem

Yet LE didn't know the car had anything to do with anyone's child (even if they were 20 years old). The car was registered to TE. How would LE have a clue about Heather at that point in time?

Sorry, I may have explained that wrong.

Date took photo with his phone and sent it to HE.
HE received photo and sent it to her dad from her phone.

Oh, and from that exchange one can tell who took and sent the first picture even when there's a middle man so-to-speak? Is that easy and quick to determine - the source of the picture?

Yet LE didn't know the car had anything to do with anyone's child (even if they were 20 years old). The car was registered to TE. How would LE have a clue about Heather at that point in time?

TE told them. They didn't have a clue until they went to TE's house, the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks