SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone coming from around Conway or Socastee could take Hwy 544, turn on to Mill Pond Road then make a right on Peachtree Landing Road.

Does anyone know what traffic is like on Mill Pond Road? Any businesses there with cameras?

could someone take 814 say from,544 to Mill Pond Road to PTL, thereby staying off the highway?

It seems to me that the conversation with the roommate could have involved far more than letting her know the date went well. I suspect, and this is just a guess, that when TE references phone content/contacts that he's not at liberty to discuss, it may be a reference to the greater conversation with the roommate, and the content of that interaction sheds a good deal of light on what is now part of the investigation. It may also include subsequent calls/texts she made or received.

Heather may have confided in or discussed with the roommate other issues that were troubling her or that pertain to other contacts she had through her phone that night and early morning. That issue may have led to other phone activity, and a meeting that then went badly.

I realize this has all likely been proposed here in one way or another. But given the confusion over some of the details, I'm advancing some thoughts on the sequence of things as a way of summarizing a potential scenario that flowed from events and texting/calling activity that was occurring before or during her date. Texts and calls that she may not have fully attended to until after her date.

Just a thought.

But, whatever happened thereafter, I think TE is probably straight on with his theory that she was betrayed in some way by a person of trust. And I still contend she did not drive her car to where it was found.

Agree 100%! Though I do think there's a chance she did drive there.

From TE's artiis theres a le: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis it is clear the car was not found until 11:00ish p.m. on the 19th. That means, based on what we know, HE had not used her phone for approximately 44 hours (depending on the time zones in the phone settings).

Did I get that right? 3:41 a.m. Dec 18th to 11:00ish p.m. Dec 19th?

I don't know why, but I never had those dates straight and didn't realize that HE was probably missing all that time before anyone even knew it.

Remember we can only use the non-redacted info here.

Salem

I thought it was 41 hours but point is there is a big difference between 3 to 4 hours vs. 40 something.....like more than a day so yeahhhh.... I always understood it that way but just chocked it up to my own misunderstanding....is it right on the timeline?.....not going by the p.r.....going by the article in TE's words

The last phone ping/communication was reported as 3:41 a.m. (as far as we know). So was she talking to her roommate all that time. An hour to an hour and 1/2? Doesn't that seem like a long time for so early in the morning?

Iirc Heather was posting on Tumblr during this time. I do not remember what time the first post was but I think the last one was at 2:09am.
Or do I have the days mixed up?

From TE's article: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis it is clear the car was not found until 11:00ish p.m. on the 19th. That means, based on what we know, HE had not used her phone for approximately 44 hours (depending on the time zones in the phone settings).

I don't know why, but I never had those dates straight and didn't realize that HE was probably missing all that time before anyone even knew it.

Salem

TE was notified and went to her car before 11pm.

From the above article :
"As the sky grew darker outside, the nightmare began creeping ever closer. Still silent, still unseen -- and then there is a knock at the door.
Outside there was an officer.

I didn't panic. After all, I have many friends in law enforcement who stop by all the time for one thing or another and this person was a friend. I arrived at the door with a smile and a handshake, but soon the mood darkened. The officer asked me, “Are you missing a car?

I looked in the driveway and all were there so I replied, “Nope, all of them are right there."

He replied, “What about a dark green Dodge Intrepid? “

"That's Heather’s car -- why?”

Now the fear was starting to reveal itself to me, but still not quite the intense shellshock yet to come.

The officer tells me that Heather’s car was reported abandoned at a nearby boat landing. I grabbed the extra keys and got into his car so that we could go have a look. It only took a short ride, and we arrived."

This is when officer comes to TE's house and the sky was growing darker.
Also another article stated, TE went with officer to see where the car was, he tried to call HE for an hour and by 7pm he was frantic.

So on the 19th TE went to PTL sometime before 7pm--as the sky grew darker.

Eta:rest of quote I cut off

Just thinking aloud, from many past cases of missing people...

The more that is known about their recent lives, for better or worse, the greater the chance, IMO, that the truth of what happened to them will be discovered. It has to be excruciating to have gossip and rumors flying, but whatever the real story is, therein may lie the answers.

I just do not believe this was a random crime, with a wrong place/wrong time victim. If true, it is more important than ever to be as open as possible, in the hopes that the right person, the one(s) with pieces of the puzzle make the connection in their minds/memories. Sometimes people don't realize they have vital information.

JMO

The last phone ping/communication was reported as 3:41 a.m. (as far as we know). So was she talking to her roommate all that time. An hour to an hour and 1/2? Doesn't that seem like a long time for so early in the morning?

If roomie was in FL central time area then her 2am might be HE 3am. Also I've had hour long convos with someone I just spent all dang day with. I could picture it being longer if HE was talking about her day and her date and BW was talking about her trip so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I would need to talk to the date, if I was a parent...he is the last known person to see her. Was she fine all night? Did her mood change at all? Did she answer any calls or texts? Did she say anything at all that might be useful? I just really would have to meet, face to face ASAP. Cannot imagine after a month, not having met him.

I would think that LE would request no contact between people so that they have no opportunity to make stories jive when it comes down to trial time....m.o.o.

could someone take 814 say from,544 to Mill Pond Road to PTL, thereby staying off the highway?

Yes, that would be the back roads to get to PTL. It would without a doubt take a local to know those roads.

When was the car found? The timeline doesn't have a link. I thought the car was found Wed. night, Dec. 18th, 2013, but the timeline says the 19th?

Salem

19th was what PR said. Also matched with what TE wrote.

TE was notified and went to her car before 11pm.

From the above article :
"As the sky grew darker outside, the nightmare began creeping ever closer. Still silent, still unseen -- and then there is a knock at the door.
Outside there was an officer.

I didn't panic. After all, I have many friends in law enforcement who stop by all the time for one thing or another and this person was a friend. I arrived at the door with a smile and a handshake, but soon the mood darkened. The officer asked me, “Are you missing a car?

I looked in the driveway and all were there so I replied, “Nope, all of them are right there."

He replied, “What about a dark green Dodge Intrepid? “

"That's Heather’s car -- why?”

Now the fear was starting to reveal itself to me, but still not quite the intense shellshock yet to come.

The officer tells me that Heather’s car was reported abandoned at a nearby boat landing. I grabbed the extra keys and got into his car so that we could go have a look. It only took a short ride, and we arrived."

This is when officer comes to TE's house and the sky was growing darker.
Also another article stated, TE went with officer to see where the car was, he tried to call HE for an hour and by 7pm he was frantic.

So on the 19th TE went to PTL sometime before 7pm--as the sky grew darker.

Eta:rest of quote I cut off
its still way over 24 hrs between last cell phone activity (conversation text ping or whatever) and the father being notified of the car....thats the point.

its still way over 24 hrs between last cell phone activity (conversation text ping or whatever) and the father being notified of the car....thats the point.

Plus HE wasn't officially declared missing/entered into the systems until 11pm that night when the officer did the report.

Someone out there knows something. If you're reading this...come forward. Here's your chance to be a hero. You could have that small piece of information that ultimately leads to Heather. You will be bringing peace to this tormented family. And you could walk away with $25,000.

The point could also be to narrow down times when things could have happened. When the car may have arrived there.
If they ever make an arrest, having a tighter timeline is going to be crucial. Or maybe that's backwards.
Maybe they need a tighter timeline before they can make an arrest.
I'd like to know the exact time someone first noticed the car there. That could narrow things down even further.

I, too, thought that was odd...:waitasec:

The search will continue into the coming weeks as investigators begin looking into new areas.

"I think as long as there's a search, people will show up," Caison elaborated.

The head of the Cue Center said she will head back to Horry County on Sunday to begin scouting out new search spots.

http://www.wect.com/story/24487434/wilmington-organization-aids-in-search-for-missing-woman

Glad to hear that they will be heading back out, and in new areas - curious to see if new locations will give us an idea why they chose that specific area. Just would feel more comfortable if the search was sooner.

From TE's article: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis it is clear the car was not found until 11:00ish p.m. on the 19th. That means, based on what we know, HE had not used her phone for approximately 44 hours (depending on the time zones in the phone settings).

Salem

She could have gone missing any time in between...

Information released to public says last phone call was 3:41... but there could have been others we don't know about...also did she have a landline? If so, calls could have been made from it. She could have also made plans to meet someone via other SM like facebook messages, twitter private messages, email. Heather seemed to use a lot of social media and not limit herself to a cell phone.

Assuming she got some sleep, she may not have actually left her condo until later in the morning or even afternoon on the 18th. Just some thoughts...

Has the article been edited? I can't even find a "time" shown in it. I'm sure it said what time he got the text from her. And I thought it said what time her last phone activity was. It doesn't even say now what time her date dropped her off.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating info already posted.

Regarding the timeline and the last phone activity - the original phone activity info was stated as 3 a.m. but later changed to 3:41 a.m.

A link from ID dated January 10, 2014 - http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

The time info is written below the second picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc